Quantcast

YYYY>>>>>SSSSS Friday GTM bachelor party time ()()(=)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Heading to the west of Denmark later tonight for a bachelor party with one of my old mtb friends. This is only his 3rd marriage :-)

Hoping to ride some of the old trails where I stared riding mtb in the early 90s before the party.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You'd think by the third time you'd learn your lesson. :busted:

Friderp of a long weekend. Should be good. Hoping to vacate the work area by 2:30-3:00ish.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Not gonna lie...yesterday was one I would just assume forget. Manager and I spent about an hour yesterday afternoon going over how unorganized I was because I was stretched too thin over way too many projects, but never decided how to un-stretch me from those projects and tighten up my focu.......what was that, a shiny object?

I probably should pizza, but would rather taco.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday, yay! Need to tidy up my POC of this new toolset. While the project looks dismal, I am looking pretty good having actually built something in 3 days while others have had it AND TRAINING for over a month and built jack shit. :rofl:

I have still not aquired a newish bike as I am undecided. I hope to ride with the doggo this weekend to at least get out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
On my way out of the neighborhood this morning, I watched a guy on an e-bike shortcut it through some grass. Dude was just riding along and then all of a sudden star fished right over the bars and crumpled into the ground. I'm watching this happen as I wait to make a left hand turn. It was a spectacular OTB. I yelled out the window and asked if he was okay, which he was, but he pulled this coat hangar wire or something out of his front wheel.

Talk about a rough morning. :rofl::rofl:

I probably should pizza, but would rather taco.
Why not both?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
chillin at the hotel in old greenwich; kids love it because free breakfast buffet; stream in the atrium, and hot tub/pool. we’ve stayed here on the way to maine every summer for a decade. also there’s a park around the corner with giant snapping turtles in the pond. added bonus: no one stole the bikes from off the top of the car last night. heading up to good ol round pond after lunch.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
chillin at the hotel in old greenwich; kids love it because free breakfast buffet; stream in the atrium, and hot tub/pool. we’ve stayed here on the way to maine every summer for a decade. also there’s a park around the corner with giant snapping turtles in the pond. added bonus: no one stole the bikes from off the top of the car last night. heading up to good ol round pond after lunch.
:fie:

I got my OneUp post last night. Maybe I'm missing something, but does the cable at the bottom of the post get held on by that single oring?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Can't wait to see what bullshit today brings. Kid woke up with her face all red and puffy. Clearly having some kid of allergic reaction to FSM only knows what. Going to limp the car down the hill to Denver and get a new tire(s). Have to figure out how to get there and not get on the freeway.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

Can't wait to see what bullshit today brings. Kid woke up with her face all red and puffy. Clearly having some kid of allergic reaction to FSM only knows what. Going to limp the car down the hill to Denver and get a new tire(s). Have to figure out how to get there and not get on the freeway.
Rampart Range Rd.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:fie:

I got my OneUp post last night. Maybe I'm missing something, but does the cable at the bottom of the post get held on by that single oring?
basically, yeah. i thought it seemed sketch too but even before i took up the tension it stayed put...it took a few pushes of the lever to take up all the slack, and it was a little tight at first but was easier to activate after a few uses.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Awe man :( It sounds like one of the local clubs here just signed some sort of agreement to use the land on this private ski hill area. No details yet, but this isn't good.

Goodbye to this awesome flowing trail, I assume... https://www.instagram.com/p/BlOsT4_nonp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This club is run by asshats. They charge $40 per member and have over 1000 members, yet don't even provide picnic tables or benches or anything of substance at the trail heads. They've blocked all their trails from being visible on TrailForks, even though 99% of the trails are all on public land.

And the way they build trail is god awful. The epitome of the IMBA jokes going around. Their trails are built 3-4 feet wide, same with their bench cuts. They add a berm on every corner, but then they don't understand the trails turn to absolute shit with our sandy base.

They also have a history of heckling members and non-members online, if they ride and don't show their membership tag or don't have one.

The worse part is the club is slowly encroaching on a large forest that is run by the province (vs the clubs local county run/owned forest). This forest has some of the most awesome flowing and just all around fun trails in the entire area. And the trails are mostly all old school true single track, with roots and rocks and actual hard stuff. Some of us have a feeling that the club is slowly trying to poke the bear and take over management of this place, which would be a huge loss.

FRIG FRIG

sorry, /rant.

:banghead:

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Awe man :( It sounds like one of the local clubs here just signed some sort of agreement to use the land on this private ski hill area. No details yet, but this isn't good.

Goodbye to this awesome flowing trail, I assume... https://www.instagram.com/p/BlOsT4_nonp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This club is run by asshats. They charge $40 per member and have over 1000 members, yet don't even provide picnic tables or benches or anything of substance at the trail heads. They've blocked all their trails from being visible on TrailForks, even though 99% of the trails are all on public land.

And the way they build trail is god awful. The epitome of the IMBA jokes going around. Their trails are built 3-4 feet wide, same with their bench cuts. They add a berm on every corner, but then they don't understand the trails turn to absolute shit with our sandy base.

They also have a history of heckling members and non-members online, if they ride and don't show their membership tag or don't have one.

The worse part is the club is slowly encroaching on a large forest that is run by the province (vs the clubs local county run/owned forest). This forest has some of the most awesome flowing and just all around fun trails in the entire area. And the trails are mostly all old school true single track, with roots and rocks and actual hard stuff. Some of us have a feeling that the club is slowly trying to poke the bear and take over management of this place, which would be a huge loss.

FRIG FRIG

sorry, /rant.

:banghead:
major DNW

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Early morning ride, check.

Now the wife is contemplating how to spend my money on redoing the yard or something.

Hopefully the title to the Volvo will arrive soon so that I can hang out at the DMV before checking into work at 1.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Early morning ride, check.

Now the wife is contemplating how to spend my money on redoing the yard or something.

Hopefully the title to the Volvo will arrive soon so that I can hang out at the DMV before checking into work at 1.
I'll remind you that the DMV is still closed this week I think.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
the excavators came yesterday...we have no front porch, and there will be a five foot hole out front until the concrete guys can do their thing...gonna have to re-landscape the whole front yard, mo' $$$