Quantcast

Z1 annoying noise

SlalomBeat

Chimp
Apr 27, 2002
Hello!

I have some problems with my Marzocchi Z1 QR20 forks. They are 2000 model (bolt on arch). The thing that makes me crazy is the creaking noise they make when hard braking, but lately this sound is appearing even randomly when I put load on the fork. I suspect that they are creaking in the area where head tube and crown are put together or somewhere else in the crown area, but there are no visible cracks or something. This sound is not made by springs rubbing against stanchion tube, it is something else. Like the bolts that hold stanchions in place (crown bolts) would be loose, but they are not. I checked all bolts and they are tight, I even greased them but the problem is still present. Any tips how to stop that sound that makes me crazy?

LoboDelFuego

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Your fork may be on the point of snapping. there was a post about a month ago from a guy who had the same problem, and a few days later his bomber snapped off about and inch under the crown. Or, you could have a brake arch problem, which can be solved by getting new arch that doesn't flex as much.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Lobo is right about checking for cracks. Inspect all parts of the fork good. Then inspect the frame too. I had a downtube crack near the headtube, and the first indication was an annoying creak under load. Look your bike over very carefully.