Quantcast

Z1 FR feed back

So, for the 2002 Z1 FR owners, how have your forks been treating you? Mine is great except my buddy stripped the ECC level stop, so now I have to guess where the position is. And, um, my fork oil has truned black. Is that the problem with the seal? I don't think I rode it hard enough to destroy the seals yet. What could possibly do that? Not that my fork is any less good performing or nothing like that. It's still as sweet as the first day I got it. Thanks, Anthony.

D

dwnwrd

I love mine, but you have to be very gentle with the ECC lever and make sure you keep that retaining screw tight. Mine's half stripped too. I think that was a crappy design.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by nicklin
yeah, I wish Marzocchi would use a metal level like the 2001 Z1 MCR and more metal parts like fox does.
If you call Marz I think they have some. My bud got some improved parts last year :)

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
So far mine has been fine (two months & around 200 miles).
I emailed Marz & got the Al lever (wish it was black ano), just give then the S/N & wait a few weeks.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
hmm...mine has the black ano ECC lever, no problems yet. mine is over a year old and still feels great, i've had no problems. my only minor complaint is that i wish they'd introduced the new QR20 quick releases a year earlier. those silly tabs are not the best.

ben.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by nicklin
And, um, my fork oil has truned black. Is that the problem with the seal? I don't think I rode it hard enough to destroy the seals yet. What could possibly do that?
That just means it's broken in. Change your oil now before the metal particles in it start to wear fork parts. It'll stay clean a lot longer this time around.