Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
getting my beat up AC2 ready for my first season of racing... frame's off at the powdercoaters, everything else has been torn down. once i get some cash in, i'm looking at a new fork for it.

my brain has been kinda locked on the z150fr for a while for 2 reasons... 1) because i want something durable and low-maintenance, 2) they're single crown... i enjoys me x-ups and the like... and used, they top out my budget at ~$400.

recently i've heard some complaints about the weight of the z150 and that's got me thinking about some other options... slider +? (kinda pricey), jr t? (dual crown)

also, would anyone be interested in trading one of these type 'o forks for a brand new Cortina Triton 4130 DS hardtail? still in the box, actually it's still being built. putting my feelers out...

thanks!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Corey DO NOT get a Jr. T. Not fun to ride.

The Z.150 or the Z.1 FR 150mm (2005) will rock your socks. You may end up with some Marzocchi sponsorship pretty soon so don't put the slider/stance series too high on the list ;)

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I just picked up a '05 z.1 about 2 months ago, the one dbr is talkin about and my Socks are Rocked!

It's a sick fork, one spring weight so no F***ing with spring weights or anything, take advantage of that zocchi sponsorship and just order it then.

It's butter plush and plenty stiff too, much stiffer than my '02 Super, dope fork!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Depending on the year, AC's with DC forks void the warranty.

Z150 is fine fork too.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Corey i'll sell you my one season used super t. No scratches on the stanchions but it has em on the legs. 400 bucks :D

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
very cool, thx for the recommendations... that new Z1 does looks super nice. prolly waaay outta my price range though. are they no longer making the z150? it's not in the 2005 catalog...

zane - thanks for the offer, but now i'm even more deadset on the 150 :D

NCBigHit

Chimp
Aug 17, 2004
Chapel Hill NC
They quit making the z150 this year. I've got one, and it has been great. Rock solid, no problems. You should be able to pick up a used one for a sight less than 400, 325 seems to be the going rate give or take. I've got one for sale (upgraded to monster). PM me if interested.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Not a damn thing corey. It rides beautiful but i wanna be bling and get a new fork. Best fork i've had but you gotta use the integrated stem (the steerer got cut to short, not by me). It'll fit the AC fine though i think you just gotta use the crown height to adjust the front end height mostly. But you'll probably just want it lowest possible.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
hey corey stay away from the JR't like other people have said. the z150 is a good fork and i weights in at about 7.5lbs. the slider plus is a good fork also. its light they claim 6.8 but its close or below 6.7. right now i have a stance kingpin. its a good value bit it is have some teething problems right now(they are quickly being fix).

you would probibly be most happy with a z150 or '05 z1 fr

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
get the super t from mobius i love my super t. i dont know if his is an 04 but i love my 04 32 mm stanchions blacked out. it is a nice plush fork. although you might want to put thiker oil in it cause i only weigh 150 and its just a little to plush up front.or atleast for me. 10wt will work very well. but i dont know if mobius has put 10 wt in his or not

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
mobius said:
Not a damn thing corey. It rides beautiful but i wanna be bling and get a new fork. Best fork i've had but you gotta use the integrated stem (the steerer got cut to short, not by me). It'll fit the AC fine though i think you just gotta use the crown height to adjust the front end height mostly. But you'll probably just want it lowest possible.

thanks yo, but my head's been turned around... i'm in like flynn for that 05 Z1fr

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
sounds like you're already set on the 05 z1, but if not.....

the z-150 isn't that bad weight wise. i just picked up a slighlty used one, with pump/adapter/axle for $360 shipped.

seems like they are going used for about that much all over the place.

took both coils out, and am running full air. (air preload on both sides)
works great; still have all the rebound adjustment and eta feature, but saved over 1/3 of a pound.

every little bit helps for me; i only weigh 140#, so the less hog weight i have to haul uphill the better!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Get any fork with the HSCV valving over a Jr. T, like everyone else said.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
BAH CASTLE YOU SUCK!

me89 your fork is soft? I weigh 150 and its perfect i dumped in like 2 caps of oil into mine and it was perfect after i got it.