Quantcast

Zbigniew Brzezinski

Discussion in 'Politics & World News' started by LordOpie, Feb 11, 2008.

1. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I'd like us to discuss this in as much detail as we monkeys can.

I'll be honest, I didn't know about PNAC until 2001 despite their very accessible documents back to 1997. Anyone in the know should've been screaminga about PNAC during the primaries and run to PotUS, yet I heard nothing.

So far, my little googling suggests that Brzezinski is for:
    -- a world govt.
    -- slower, more subtle methods of "invasion"... planting people at high levels of govt, supporting internal rebellions and the like (see Shah, Iran, 1970s; see also Al-Qaeda, support to over-throw Russia)

I'm not saying these things are good or bad, just are. In fact, if we are going to try to influence global politics, I prefer these methods over Bush & Iraq. Except, of course, that Brzezinski, et al. via the Carter Admin created our biggest "enemy" today.

So, please post what you learn :)

Please register to disable this ad.

2. N8 v2.0

N8 v2.0 Not the sharpest tool in the shed

Rep/Likes:
    18 / 149
    meh.. advisors come and go.. i dont see any reason to care much about this guy.

Although he could change his name to Tom Smith and no one would even notice him.

3. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Post reasons or go home.

4. N8 v2.0

Rep/Likes:
    18 / 149
    stfu~!

5. syadasti

syadasti i heart mac

Rep/Likes:
    64 / 291
    That program spanned both the Carter and Reagan Admin and Reagan admired the Mujahideen publically calling them, "freedom fighters"

6. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Correct.

I'm not saying Brzezinski created our enemy. I'm just saying that we lacked the necessary vision (or ignored it) to see that our "friend" would "turn" on us... for whatever reasons.

I keep googling and am not finding anything negative about the guy. Please help.

7. syadasti

syadasti i heart mac

Rep/Likes:
    64 / 291
    Are you working on a mud slinging campaign:huh:

8. Plummit

Plummit Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Clip w/ Zbigniew from the Daily Show in March.

From CNN's "Knowledge Bank"

And from Wikipedia, judge for yourself what this last link is worth.

Intentionally omitted: any and all references to or links from Alex Jones' "Prison Planet," Tri-Lateral commission paranoia, and general fear mongering/ conspiracy theories.

9. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Well, if you look for the bad and don't find it, that says something, yeah?

10. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I appreciate your post, but you said nothing.

11. $tinkle

$tinkle Expert on blowing

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5
  12. skinny mike

skinny mike Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    the us has been doing this in latin america since the start of the cold war.

13. Plummit

Plummit Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    And you said in your original post
    And I did, posting what I'd learned about Brzezinski during a quick google search. If you're looking for negatives about the guy, it seems like you'll likely end up w/ a lot of paranoid "Tri-lateral Commission" conspiracy theories or criticism of Al Quaeda's growth out of the U.S. supported Afghan Mujahadeen resistance to Soviet Occupation. As has been pointed out, there are enough issues, viewpoints and "blame" surrounding this last one to go around.

14. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I mean more than just basic history.

Right, but was he involved in that?

It's funny how he supports a Candidate of Change, but wants none in his neighborhood :)

15. ohio

ohio The Fresno Kid

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 4
    Christ, Opie, you asked for info and said it was hard to find and he posted some really good stuff. I had none of that background and I'm assuming most didn't. Give the man a couple of hours at least to form an opinion.

I still don't understand why this guy is even an issue right now.

16. N8 v2.0

Rep/Likes:
    18 / 149
  17. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    WTF?

I'm happy to give him all the time he wants to form an opinion, but wiki comes up FIRST in the google search... are people NOT doing basic searches beforehand?

Take your time, go ahead, read up if you're interested, but copy-paste-posting is so n8.

Simple, he's apparently a big player behind the scenes... shouldn't we learn about those who are advising?

18. Plummit

Plummit Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Since we're talking about advisers, here's a list of the foreign policy and national security advisers to the major candidates as of Oct 2, '07. I haven't been able to find a complete list with a more recent date. I guess my point in putting this out there is that the emphasis we seem to be giving Brzezinski is odd. He is one among many.

That said, he opposed the Iraq invasion, based, in part, on concerns that we would be seen as a galvanizing occupier, like the Soviets were in Afghanistan. The list is quoted and edited to reflect only the main candidates still in the race. My apologies the Huckafans. He wasn't considered a contender at the time this article was published. McCain's advisers in the next post

19. Plummit

Plummit Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    McCain's advisers.

20. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Extremely interesting and yes, he is one of many. Advisors should be in the public spotlight, at least more than they are.

For one thing, what little I've learned over the past five hours makes me MORE of an Obama supporter.

21. $tinkle

$tinkle Expert on blowing

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5
    from what i can tell on the list of advisors:
    - hillary's: ass-covering success at any cost
    - obama's: well diversified
    - mccain's: well qualified to invade iran

22. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I can believe that except for Gen. Colin L. Powell... didn't he basically quit the Bush Admin in frustration and hinted that he felt an invasion was 'wrong'?

If so, I can't imagine him joining McCain if McCain was going to invade -- which McCain has hinted at doing.

So, odd.

23. N8 v2.0

Rep/Likes:
    18 / 149
    Wow.. wasnt this guy kinda president of the US once??

24. ohio

ohio The Fresno Kid

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 4
    I'm not.

25. Silver

Silver find me a tampon

Rep/Likes:
    10 / 0
    Anyone who has William Kristol on his list of advisors isn't fit to run an outhouse.

edit: Unless the reason he's there is so that you do the opposite of what he thinks a good idea is, of course...

26. J-Dubs

J-Dubs Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0

"Bomb bomb bomb, Bomb-bomb Iran..."

27. Plummit

Plummit Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
  28. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I sent a PM to "3D." in hopes of getting him to clarifying his concerns. Maybe he'll check in? As for "FlyinPollack", well, I doubt he can contribute more, but I would welcome his comments.

I dunno, the more I read about this guy, the more I like him. Thanks for the article!

29. 3D.

3D. Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Yea I get it. It’s been a long day but I’m in…

You can like or dislike the people who surround obama… whatever

When zbig speaks of the current war in Iraq, he’s crystal clear on his positions. He makes extremely valid comments like:

He makes strong points like:

He constantly displays the translucency of the Bush administration’s trickery by making statements like:

What he is not showing clarity on is; his future “downhill track” we will be riding on in Pakistan & Afghanistan:

And:

And then there’s the whole tinfoil zone (not going there, don't need to)with Ilyas Akhmadov ?? (hint):

Fvck these clowns

I think he is brilliant and usually well spoken. He has been in politics for decades and has already had a previous stint in the white house (I‘m sure your aware of don‘t get me started on that failure). There’s no doubt about it Opie, upon initial examination he’s a great guy. Closer look reveals a murkier glass of water (I believe).

30. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Thanks for that.

I'm clearly not informed enough and I'm continuing to research stuff (not that it matters to anyone but me).

Like, I know nothing about Ilyas Akhmadov. Can you give some insight into him and how his background relates to Obama?

31. 3D.

3D. Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0

I'm on a constant quest to no more and I like to be proven wrong, then I'll know I'm right

Akhmadov’s Long story short… we granted him political asylum from Russia in 2003. He was the foreign minister and ambassador for the Chechen rebel terrorist group that was responsible for a 300 person schoolyard massacre in Russia (mostly women & children) and all sorts of other crap. Russia wants him… we have him on payroll in DC… Zbig brought him here.

But, like I said I wasn’t going to harp on the spy games stuff. His other policies are enough. There‘s also interviews like this that make me run:

I’ve heard Zbig state on numerous occasions, that the course we are headed on in Iraq is the wrong one… not that he likes the idea of a peaceful resolution.

I think Zbig’s current agendas speak for themselves, behind the scenes, who know’s? that’s why I’m staying away