Quantcast

Zeb Thread

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Glad I went through this thread...was looking to either get a zeb or 38 this week....was looking at both and getting google-U versed in em...this is more what I was looking for as far as thoughts..
Absolutely love the Zeb, I completely forget about it, and rarely ever wonder if it could be improved. It just ‘dissapears’ , which is what great products do. Have about 100-130 hours on it, probably time for an oil refresh, but it certainly doesn’t feel any different than new.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I like my Zeb as well. I pretty much took it out of the box, put it on the bike and went riding. Have really only fiddled with air pressure a bit.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I like my Zeb as well. I pretty much took it out of the box, put it on the bike and went riding. Have really only fiddled with air pressure a bit.
I really gotta stop riding mine and check it even has oil in the lowers. I put it on, played with a few clickers and just forgot about it. It just disappears under me - I really like it.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Anyone here try applying some wicking grade loctite 290 to their steerer/crown interface to try to resolve creaking? An online search seems to suggest that others have done this with varying degrees of success. Seems like a low $$ option to try vs. new uppers.
I did this on a brand new set of uppers when I had my Helm after having to use warranty twice in 6 months for the creak. Seemed to help prevent creak in that case for the time I had it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Gee whiz bang willikers, beave, it lights up!
I hope it works better than the K2 ‘piezo’ nonsense.
(I am sure it does)
I certainly hope it defaults to ‘override’ mode if that thing snaps off on a rock.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Anyone know what the go is with the new silver seal head upgrade kits showing up for the Zebs?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Gee whiz bang willikers, beave, it lights up!
I hope it works better than the K2 ‘piezo’ nonsense.
(I am sure it does)
I certainly hope it defaults to ‘override’ mode if that thing snaps off on a rock.

The technology has been well vetted when applied to cars. I'd say it would open up a lot of opportunities for tuning, but since the average dentist who will buy this couldn't set up a 3 brick lego kit, it will either just be a few canned tunes or it will get horrible results with the general public.

Position sensitive damping would be cool, as would built in data aquisition.

Last edited: