Quantcast

Zero 7 Fans

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Groove Aramada, Nightmare on Wax, Boards of Canada, Portishead, Squarepusher, Addison Groove Project (a bit faster tempo). Try searching cddb for acid jazz and torrent the artists you find.
Another band I've just heard is Slightly Stupid. They have more of a reggae beat to them tho.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Meat Foot said:
Needing to fill in my library of music with more of that genre. Can you point me to some other artists similar to Zero 7?
Thanks!
Definitely Thievery Corporation...Utah Saints...Underworld...Delerium...DJ Shadow...Conjure One (Rhys Fulber) ....there are some compilation discs floating around...Chemistry (2 disc set) ...Another Late Night....

A few of the Paul Oakenfold compilation discs are good, I really like the Live at Creamfields ones...they're not so abrasive like his other albums....also Another World (2 disc) and ....Travelling (2 disc...)

Hope that helps.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Morcheeba (at least the older stuff with Skye Edwards still doing vocals)
dZihan and Kamien
Caia
Quantic (they have a couple of tracks in The Collective)
Thunderball
St. Germain
Thievery Corporation
Federico Aubele
Julius Papp
Kaskade
Phontaine (also featured in The Collective)
Sigur Ros

Also check out http://www.eslmusic.com.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Oh, there's one that I can't find on any torrents: Bliss. They have 2 discs out, Quiet Letters and Afterlife. If you see them on any torrents, flip me a link will ya?
BTW, if you have broadband, use Winamp's internet radio (Shoutcast.com) to get to GrooveSalad (SomaFM). It's 24/7 acid jazz. Very kewl and they often play stuff you can't find on torrents :D

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....