Quantcast

#@# zero dark thursderp GMT #@#

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's ride night. It's sunny for the first time in weeks. I slept like shit, and I'm tired as fook. Wife's out of town but I've booked a sitter for the boys. I'm ditching the group xc ride, and going to do more of an "enduro" ride with long climbs and long descents instead of uppy downy shit.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Oh, and I'd be remiss in not giving thanks to those that paid the ultimate price 75 years ago today in defense of our freedom. thank you, I will do my best to make sure you are not forgotten.

I showed pictures from this article to my 8 year old son today : https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/06/world/europe/d-day-photos-anniversary-pictures.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

This picture in particular resonated with me (and him):

as it looks very similar to where we went last summer when we were visting my mom in Normandy:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You know what's really annoying? People who hog the entire fucking escalator, then watching the train pull out of the station just as you get to the platform.

Also - the lady wearing a gallon of some awful smelly shit.

Also - the fat lady in sweatpants and a dirty wife-beater 1/2 shirt. :think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You know what's really annoying? People who hog the entire fucking escalator, then watching the train pull out of the station just as you get to the platform.

Also - the lady wearing a gallon of some awful smelly shit.

Also - the fat lady in sweatpants and a dirty wife-beater 1/2 shirt. :think:
when we flew back from brussels to NJ i was unfortunate enough to be seated next to some dutch dude who had obviously just emerged from an extended stay in the wilderness and neglected to shower prior to boarding the plane.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Really ? I would have though for sure you had a Ronco Home Surgery kit.
Speaking of that, I opted not to DIY for getting snipped. That is now done in a professional manner. Bag of frozen peas to the crotch every 20 min today.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Speaking of that, I opted not to DIY for getting snipped. That is now done in a professional manner. Bag of frozen peas to the crotch every 20 min today.
I didn't think it was all that bad, then all the sudden on day 3 it felt like I got a swift kick to the junk for the whole day. After that, was good to go. Still no extra kids, 10/10 highly recommend.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I didn't think it was all that bad, then all the sudden on day 3 it felt like I got a swift kick to the junk for the whole day. After that, was good to go. Still no extra kids, 10/10 highly recommend.
It was a weird, deep pulling sensation when the urologist pulled the vas up where he could see it. Now I think it’s just the rebound from the lidocaine wearing off on the skin: 3/10 discomfort.

I've been working at my company's conference center for the past few months and I am constantly circling around this place hunting for free food that is left out for various meetings. Yesterday I found donuts. This morning I found bagels (I chose cinnamon raisin). The best is when there are afternoon meetings and cookies and brownies are available for stealing. There is always coffee available.
Next: cake.

You know when you fart then sit down into it at head level? I just did that. It was unpleasant.

Also, IT gave up. Outlook still doesn't work and he's stumped. He's going back to the Microsoft Sys Admin to see what they can figure out. Thank the tech planning people for webmail, because I'd be thoroughly fucked elsewise.
There is an organization named Microsoft Support. They are competent if sometimes frustrating.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just got back from seeing my surgeon. He said I am making a surprisingly fast recovery given the severity of my injury. Out of the cast less than a month and less than 3 months post Tib/fib surgery and I am riding my bike and hiking vs most of his patients would/are still using a walking boot at this point

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
well that was awesome. despite the commute taking 45 minutes instead of 20 because of bridge closures and road closures for a road bike race, the ride was awesome. conditions were hero dirt. and the route was terrific. lots of climbing, but lots of primo descents. best $45 I've ever spent.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
well that was awesome. despite the commute taking 45 minutes instead of 20 because of bridge closures and road closures for a road bike race, the ride was awesome. conditions were hero dirt. and the route was terrific. lots of climbing, but lots of primo descents. best $45 I've ever spent.
Why did you have to spend $45?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Flights for Labor Day Whistler trip are scheduled. Hotel is reserved. Found somewhere to rent a bike bag from. It's on like Donkey Kong.