Quantcast

Zerode or Jedi?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Kind of in line with the people that aren't worried about weight, in a true nasty dh section I think its minimal and isn't too big of an issue. Problem is there's a lot of flat areas and pedally sections nowadays that are in the way of descending and that's the killer mixed with the tight single track. Because of those situations I think a lighter build is better suited, but for designated shuttle, resorts and wc tracks I think its not a huge issue... pro's go light but then they pedal like a madman through all open areas and sneak a pedal here or there those things make the difference and in that situation I think a lighter bike gives them an edge.

Are they fast on a 42lb bike "hell yes" are they faster on a lighter bike "hell yes" but the little difference between the 2 bikes at that level can equal a podium....

So if you pedal a lot then is a lighter bike better at our level, not necessarily if it pedals like crap. In that case a heavier bike that pedals better would be better suited.

Ride what you like anything between 38-43 is good, I personally like the 38lb range for my size and riding.

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Kind of in line with the people that aren't worried about weight, in a true nasty dh section I think its minimal and isn't too big of an issue. Problem is there's a lot of flat areas and pedally sections nowadays that are in the way of descending and that's the killer mixed with the tight single track. Because of those situations I think a lighter build is better suited, but for designated shuttle, resorts and wc tracks I think its not a huge issue... pro's go light but then they pedal like a madman through all open areas and sneak a pedal here or there those things make the difference and in that situation I think a lighter bike gives them an edge.

Are they fast on a 42lb bike "hell yes" are they faster on a lighter bike "hell yes" but the little difference between the 2 bikes at that level can equal a podium....
agree, sorta.

Most of us are not on that level. Otherwise agree, lighter is nice. But in my case I am not willing to sacrifice reliability for lightweight (seems most stupid light bikes have light rims, light tubes, light tires), I rarely get flats with DH tubes and like it that way.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
All i can say is when i lived out west 80% of my riding was lift oriented and after having a "heavy" and reliable bike (42lbs) and then a "light" bike (33lbs), i would gladly sit on either side of the 40lb mark for longevity and complete DH destruction. Nothing worse than having a fantastic day go to **** because something failed on me at 1 in the afternoon.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
As for the weight issue, I rode a bike that "rode lighter than it was" and it was a world of difference switching to a bike that was as light as it should be. Faster, longer, easier. The question is, do you give up some weight for the transmission, or is that too much for you?
Are you talking about the difference between your 3'tired BMW compared to your lighter specced Sunday? Much larger weight difference than the weight penalty of the Alfine, and the BMW didn't have the bulk of the drivetrain in the middle. The Zerode does have the benefits you liked about the BWM though.
But yes you're right, it's a simple choice of the best compromise for the rider, as that's what all bikes are. For me the Zerode tips the scales(pardon the pun)very favorably as the best compromise.

You guys just keep protecting your frail derailleurs, k? :D
I just liked the part where a guy that has never ridden with me details my riding style and line choices, I couldn't pay for entertainment this good!
Get over yourself. When has anyone claimed to know how you ride? I was referring to the fact that anyone can ride without fear of smashing a mech on the Zerode, giving you more line choices. Saying you don't have to nurse it through tight sections etc by riding like a ballerina. I can remember worrying about hitting my mech on most rides at least once. and they all had scars to support it. I serviced bikes for two years at Thredbo, the rear mech was the most damaged component, anyone servicing bikes checks the mech for this reason. On the Zerode, cable stretch is the only reason to check the shifting, and once settled in, they very rarely need doing, and it's just a rotation on the barrel adjuster. If I'd wanted to write just to you I'd have sent you a PM.
Show me one DH race where someone's run isn't wrecked by a derailleur.
And no I'm not saying having no mech drastically changes how many more lines you can take, just saying it does make a difference you notice when jumping back on a bike with mech. Not having to wait for places to pedal gear changes through is more beneficial.

Last edited:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia

So if you pedal a lot then is a lighter bike better at our level, not necessarily if it pedals like crap. In that case a heavier bike that pedals better would be better suited.

Ride what you like anything between 38-43 is good, I personally like the 38lb range for my size and riding.
You're also able to shift to the right gear easier without having to pedal it through, so you have the right gearing, must make up for something also in a race run, same with not loosing your mech.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
agree, sorta.

Most of us are not on that level. Otherwise agree, lighter is nice. But in my case I am not willing to sacrifice reliability for lightweight (seems most stupid light bikes have light rims, light tubes, light tires), I rarely get flats with DH tubes and like it that way.
My point is that they both have merits and down falls, I think its all based on rider and terrain.

Can't think either way is right or wrong...
Too many variables to contend with to say its too heavy or another bike is too light (unless its the old huckster bikes azonic etc. With 40lb wheel sets)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
You're also able to shift to the right gear easier without having to pedal it through, so you have the right gearing, must make up for something also in a race run, same with not loosing your mech.
Yes I've mishifted and destroyed a derailurre As well, But I also never think about hitting it. Thought never crosses my mind but miss shifts are definently a pet peeve.
Not discounting the gearbox set up, I can see a definite future for it and the reliability of no miss shifts and rocks grabbing it are bonus.
I personally like the zeroed bike and see no issues with one being 40lbs, its a helluva bike...

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
yes but if you believe that linkage pivots are/should be under the same amount of lateral stress as designed load bearing pivots, then I have a bridge to sell you.
They're all load bearing...laterally too.

Congener

Chimp
Nov 15, 2011
For what it's worth, I have a 08/09 Jedi and a 2012 Zerode. Both have their merits. I rode the Jedi for a few years and loved it- so smooth over the rough stuff it was ridiculous. I had that bike built up at about 38 lbs but I wanted to try something different with "similar" rearward travel so I got the Zerode this past July. There is no getting around the Zerode's additional weight and had to come to terms with the fact that my new bike was pounds heavier than the bike i was replacing it with. As mentioned above the benefits of the Zerode just really appealed to me (like not dealing with a rear derailleur and being able to shift w/o pedaling). But what really surprised me was the feeling of a bike with the significant reduction in unsprung weight in the rear that the Zerode has. In my opinion the Zerode feels more responsive in the chatter than the jedi and feels very balanced in the air.

The Zerode is just plain fun to ride. Super stiff, and with the CCDB very plush. I do think the Zerode corners better but that is only due to the slightly less rearward wheel travel compared to the Jedi.

To be honest, the only time I feel the additional weight of the Zerode is when I'm lifting the bike into the shuttle truck; other than that it is all smiles. BTW the Zerode as pictured is 40lbs; boxxer WC (AVY cart), Enve/Hope Pro II wheels, XO cranks, saint brakes, etc.

Attachments

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Okay will take out the Alfines and throw em on the scale. I have an idea. The DHR,V-10 and Legend we tested came in at around 12LBS with shock and spring. I am expecting some team frames back soon. 2012's maybe in next 2-3 weeks.
Legend is 11 not 12lbs.

Also can we please stop pretending like Zerode is the only durable bike on the market and the bike police forces you to buy a session if you don't want a zerode? The frame is heavy. It may ride well but even without the gearbox there is some obviously unecessary weight. The rides light argument is stupid and as Udi pointed out it may be up to a bazzilion other factors.

Not to mention rm is hype central and criticizing any hyped product in the first year is blashpemy. I'd gladly try a zerode but I'm not on the bandwagon yet.

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
For what it's worth, I have a 08/09 Jedi and a 2012 Zerode. Both have their merits. I rode the Jedi for a few years and loved it- so smooth over the rough stuff it was ridiculous. I had that bike built up at about 38 lbs but I wanted to try something different with "similar" rearward travel so I got the Zerode this past July. There is no getting around the Zerode's additional weight and had to come to terms with the fact that my new bike was pounds heavier than the bike i was replacing it with. As mentioned above the benefits of the Zerode just really appealed to me (like not dealing with a rear derailleur and being able to shift w/o pedaling). But what really surprised me was the feeling of a bike with the significant reduction in unsprung weight in the rear that the Zerode has. In my opinion the Zerode feels more responsive in the chatter than the jedi and feels very balanced in the air.

The Zerode is just plain fun to ride. Super stiff, and with the CCDB very plush. I do think the Zerode corners better but that is only due to the slightly less rearward wheel travel compared to the Jedi.

To be honest, the only time I feel the additional weight of the Zerode is when I'm lifting the bike into the shuttle truck; other than that it is all smiles. BTW the Zerode as pictured is 40lbs; boxxer WC (AVY cart), Enve/Hope Pro II wheels, XO cranks, saint brakes, etc.
This is the only guy on here that is worth listening to since he has owned both. :) :)

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
My point is that they both have merits and down falls, I think its all based on rider and terrain.

Can't think either way is right or wrong...
Too many variables to contend with to say its too heavy or another bike is too light (unless its the old huckster bikes azonic etc. With 40lb wheel sets)
I'm with ya.

The rides light argument is stupid
No, it isn't stupid.

I JUST went from a lighter bike to a more heavy bike, the more heavy bike feels much lighter and more nimble, I am faster on it, I tire less on it, i am able to jump it better, hop it over things, etc.

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Legend is 11 not 12lbs.

Also can we please stop pretending like Zerode is the only durable bike on the market and the bike police forces you to buy a session if you don't want a zerode? The frame is heavy. It may ride well but even without the gearbox there is some obviously unecessary weight. The rides light argument is stupid and as Udi pointed out it may be up to a bazzilion other factors.

Not to mention rm is hype central and criticizing any hyped product in the first year is blashpemy. I'd gladly try a zerode but I'm not on the bandwagon yet.
Well the shop I weighed er at also weighed the TR450, V-10,DHR, Zerode and Jedi so maybe all my numbers were HIGH but they sell 10K road bikes all day long.

I hope not maybe maybe it's a way to make customers spend more cash. The lightest bike was the MD V-10 at 38.7LBS. I will have to look for a frame to check it with or just a weight maybe.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I'm with ya.

No, it isn't stupid.

I JUST went from a lighter bike to a more heavy bike, the more heavy bike feels much lighter and more nimble, I am faster on it, I tire less on it, i am able to jump it better, hop it over things, etc.
Than call it a better bike and don't pretend it's lighter. Not being tired on a downhill bike has nothing to do with weight unless it's 25kg. Jumping better is relative but ease of jumping and nible bike are qualities of the suspension and geo. Weight imho has more to do where you have to muscle the bike around.

Also have in mind I'm not saying Zerode is a bad bike but if someone wants to convince me real life weight doesn't matter anywhere you need to stop taking your crazy pills.

@Ian maybe it was weighted with something extra. No idea. My frame weight is slightly higher to what sicklines posted with their mk2 build. My legend was at its best 16.4kg on ti spring and maxxis pseudo 2ply tubeless. With steel now and some test gear it's probably around 17kg.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
@Ian maybe it was weighted with something extra. No idea. My frame weight is slightly higher to what sicklines posted with their mk2 build. My legend was at its best 16.4kg on ti spring and maxxis pseudo 2ply tubeless. With steel now and some test gear it's probably around 17kg.
Yeah our test Legend size LG was 40LBS or 18.2KG complete.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
I'm personally so fed up with derailleurs I'd be happy with the extra kg. Changing a chain once every blue moon, never changing or adjusting a derailleur, dropping ~500g off the unsprung weight (if you use a fixed rear hub like the one made by that french company, can't think of the name) and shifting without pedaling are things for me that are worth way more than 1kg. I know I will never buy another derailleur bike again.
i've similar sentiments re: the benefits of a centralized gearbox. the derailleur is the weakest link on a dh chassis, and needs to die.

i've just finished my 6th(!) year on the trusty old lahar, and the drivetrain has been 100% reliable with always perfect shifting, and the only drivetrain maintenance has been changing the cables, chains and rohloff oil - once (chains last much longer not being dragged laterally over the cassette countless times, and the internally routed cables seem impervious to water ingress). amazing.

that said, the weight of the current zerode would make me think twice. would like to think carbon is in their future; my frameset (with gearbox, etc) is ~2lbs lighter (current build is 38lbs), so the potential is there. regardless, i'm stoked that they've built a successful, commercially viable platform, and are keeping the gearbox concept alive. i'd really hoped we'd be further along developmentally by now...

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Than call it a better bike and don't pretend it's lighter. Not being tired on a downhill bike has nothing to do with weight unless it's 25kg. Jumping better is relative but ease of jumping and nible bike are qualities of the suspension and geo. Weight imho has more to do where you have to muscle the bike around.

Also have in mind I'm not saying Zerode is a bad bike but if someone wants to convince me real life weight doesn't matter anywhere you need to stop taking your crazy pills.
you're contradicting yourself.

If not being tired means nothing, then you're telling me it's easier to muscle around something that is heavier?

My heavier bike is easier to muscle around, easier to jump, etc. allowing me to not tire as quickly as the previous bike.

If people say the zerode rides better and the weight isn't a concern I believe them.

If you want to build an ultra light bike go ahead, i've ridden some, and some feel good, and some feel bad. Same for heavy bikes, my last bike which was lighter than my current bike feels bad, no terrible, when I get back on it in comparison to my newer heavier bike.

What I am saying is that I think the design of the bike is more important than the overall weight of the bike (within reason) and I think "reason" is in that 38-42lbish area. I know everyones ideal weight for a bike area is different, but if two bikes are within a few pounds (2-3) the design of the better bike will far outweigh the weight concerns.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
you're contradicting yourself.

If not being tired means nothing, then you're telling me it's easier to muscle around something that is heavier?

My heavier bike is easier to muscle around, easier to jump, etc. allowing me to not tire as quickly as the previous bike.

If people say the zerode rides better and the weight isn't a concern I believe them.

If you want to build an ultra light bike go ahead, i've ridden some, and some feel good, and some feel bad. Same for heavy bikes, my last bike which was lighter than my current bike feels bad, no terrible, when I get back on it in comparison to my newer heavier bike.

What I am saying is that I think the design of the bike is more important than the overall weight of the bike (within reason) and I think "reason" is in that 38-42lbish area. I know everyones ideal weight for a bike area is different, but if two bikes are within a few pounds (2-3) the design of the better bike will far outweigh the weight concerns.
If you muscle your bike around enough that it noticeably influences your fatigue you are doing it wrong.

Also yes I agree the design is important though for now it's not a 2-3 pound difference. If the calculation in this topic is corect it is close to 4.5lbs.

As for people's early opinions on ridemonkey or any other forum. Evil is bombproof, dhx air 5.0 is dh worthy and 2010 boxxers work flawless. Come on. If you want something a lot, you pay a ton of cash for it you will obviously look at it through rose tinted glasses. I'm all for people posting their opinion but everyone has the early period of bliss where he claims the bike has no fault. I know I had it on all my bikes. Zerode is a great bike but there is no perfect machine that will make you the Australian DH Champion and get accepted to hogwarts while at the same time turning polution into bacon.

Last edited:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
i've similar sentiments re: the benefits of a centralized gearbox. the derailleur is the weakest link on a dh chassis, and needs to die.

i've just finished my 6th(!) year on the trusty old lahar, and the drivetrain has been 100% reliable with always perfect shifting, and the only drivetrain maintenance has been changing the cables, chains and rohloff oil - once (chains last much longer not being dragged laterally over the cassette countless times, and the internally routed cables seem impervious to water ingress). amazing.

that said, the weight of the current zerode would make me think twice. would like to think carbon is in their future; my frameset (with gearbox, etc) is ~2lbs lighter (current build is 38lbs), so the potential is there. regardless, i'm stoked that they've built a successful, commercially viable platform, and are keeping the gearbox concept alive. i'd really hoped we'd be further along developmentally by now...

what he said...
and his lahar is such an outstanding bike when i saw it 3 years ago my jaw dropped. i sucessfully hid it though :D

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Then what's it matter what it weighs?
In my world momentum influences a bit more than fatigue. Unless you have infinite time to do stuff and infinite strength so no matter the weight you do all the muscling around in the same time, no matter the weight.

It's not a big difference but 2kg extra on my frame would be noticeable for me. Also I wouldn't probably care if I didn't think the mk1 could easily be lighter. If the 3lbs lower on the newer ones is true it makes the frame that more interesting. I'd still like to ride it before buying it because of the 17'' CS on a rearward bike seems something you either love or hate.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I have not owned or rode a Jedi, but I do own a Zerode so I figured I would put my 2 cents out there.
First let me tell you I am old, probably close to twice the age of most of you here. I am also fat. Like 275 # fat., and I have been riding probably longer than most of you have been alive. Although I no longer race, I was able to hold my own when I did.
I have a decent job and I could easily have any bike I choose. I am also not going to lie about how I feel about something because I spent a lot of money for it. If its good its good, if it sucks it sucks.

My past rides and their weights have been.
Kona Supreme wt unknown
Astrix Havoc 43# One of the best riding bike I have owned. Super fast and smooth on the fast open ski trail courses and rock gardens, but an absolute tank in the tight stuff. Although the same weight as the kona it felt pounds heavier.
Kona Supreme deluxe 43#
Commencal Supreme dh 39#
Intense 951 36#. My least favorite bike. Lots of over the bars crashes. Way too light for my fat ass.I Didn’t care for the high progressiveness of the rear. Felt very unstable in the choppy stuff.
Zerode 1st generation 42# .Currently my favorite bike of all. It fits me and my riding style.
Bikes were put together with normal lightest “strong” parts. No carbon anywhere. Ti springs and light wheelsets run tubless, and I beam posts and saddles are the largest weight savings items. Also they were weighed on an old hanging feed scale, so accuracy may be a bit questionable.

Like most of you here I have been watching the development of the Zerode since the beginning. I look forward to the day when derailleurs finally disappear. I of course was a bit skeptical of purchasing a bike in its first year . I have seen many people burned by bikes coming to production before all the bugs were worked out.
The frame is well thought out. Originally I thought there may be issues with mud. As some of the tolerances are tight. But after a season of use I was wrong. The frame is heavy. However there is plenty of places that I am sure over time will be refined. The second generation of these are already 1 ½# lighter than mine. The Yolk area around where the Alfine mounts is very thick and heavy. I am sure this area will eventually be whittled down. I guess if Zerode had the cash of a bigger company a few hours of computer analysis could have redesigned it to be light and strong at the same time.

As far as the ride goes I believe you have heard it all from the other owners. The weight is “relatively” unnoticeable. Of course if you do a lot of high speed sprinting you will.
The speed that these things go through the rough will make up a bit of that time I would think. Line choice is easy , just point and shoot. It takes a bit to manual the Zerode, but the learning curve is short. I had a bit of trouble with steep faced table tops. I am running the RC4, it took a bit of messing to get the bike to jump right for me. Next season I am going to go with the CCDB. I hear the bike rides much better with them. Believe it or not those are the only 2 issues I had with the Zerode. Both are solved. One with a bit of practice and the other with a bit of tinkering. I am riding faster on this bike then I have with any of my others. It rides smoother and more stable. It jumps straight and lands like you are landing on a pillow.

I like the Idea of a gear box bike. I don’t mind the extra weight ( which in my world 39-43 # is the norm) I believe given time the Zerode will get the weight to a number a little more dialed to modern standards. I would prefer it stay Aluminum, as I am old and too fat for a plastic bike. I wrote qute a bit here, but not sure I really said anything.
Bottom line is I like my Zerode, It don’t suck

Philliam

Chimp
Jan 16, 2012
I too am old, and I don't get down the mountain as fast and fearless as I used to. While I'm not going to claim to be a fat ass, I do find myself gravitating towards stretchy pants vs non-stretch pants on any given day.

Thanks for your opinions and the time it took to put them down.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
..... Like 275 # fat., ......
Zerode 1st generation 42# .....
The bike weight in your case is 15% of your body weight, in my case (145 #) the Zerode would be 29% of my body weight.
Does this make the Zerode now feel double as heavy to me as to you? ;)

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
The bike weight in your case is 15% of your body weight, in my case (145 #) the Zerode would be 29% of my body weight.
Does this make the Zerode now feel double as heavy to me as to you? ;)
I would suggest as part of you training regiment you need to get a fat girlfriend. That will make you stromger and make the bike feel so much lighter!!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
36lbs doesn't have to feel unstable in the rough. Again I direct you to my bike weight. Proper suspension and angles and it goes through the rough great. You may not care about the suspension but if you think it has nothing to do with that feeling you are in denial. Seriously you don't have to rationalize your bike. It's a good bike but why suddenly pretend that light is the source of all evil?

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
36lbs doesn't have to feel unstable in the rough. Again I direct you to my bike weight. Proper suspension and angles and it goes through the rough great. You may not care about the suspension but if you think it has nothing to do with that feeling you are in denial. Seriously you don't have to rationalize your bike. It's a good bike but why suddenly pretend that light is the source of all evil?
not rationalizing anything. Telling the facts from my perspective in my situation., I hated the 951. It was going no matter what. I was going to go M9, but decided to take a chance on the Zerode. The 951 suspension curve w/ the RC4 made the bike too stiff in the chatter and the rocks. I could feel how light it was and it felt unstable. At speed it drifted from side to side on fireroad decents. I just could not get used to it or dial it in to where I was comfortable. I crashed a lot because the bike was just unforgiving for my riding style, weight, etc.
remember I weigh 275 #. I was not making the point that light is evil. In the case of the 951 it didnt work for me. I like my Zerode it works for me where the 951 didnt. I like the feel of the additional weight, it makes me more confident. I am not a racer anymore. Sprinting to the finish line has no bearing on me.
I am not trying to convience anyone what is better. My brother now owns my 951 and he loves it. If you are comfortable, confident, and having fun. what eles really matters?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
not rationalizing anything. Telling the facts from my perspective in my situation., I hated the 951. It was going no matter what. I was going to go M9, but decided to take a chance on the Zerode. The 951 suspension curve w/ the RC4 made the bike too stiff in the chatter and the rocks. I could feel how light it was and it felt unstable. At speed it drifted from side to side on fireroad decents. I just could not get used to it or dial it in to where I was comfortable. I crashed a lot because the bike was just unforgiving for my riding style, weight, etc.
remember I weigh 275 #. I was not making the point that light is evil. In the case of the 951 it didnt work for me. I like my Zerode it works for me where the 951 didnt. I like the feel of the additional weight, it makes me more confident. I am not a racer anymore. Sprinting to the finish line has no bearing on me.
I am not trying to convience anyone what is better. My brother now owns my 951 and he loves it. If you are comfortable, confident, and having fun. what eles really matters?
So say 951 didn't work for you. Not that the 951 didn't work for you because it was light. Especially that with a very progressive bike that is known for being mediocre in the rough + progressive shock - what did you expect with that combo? Seriously it must have been the weight :rolleyes: You are heavier so the bike should bounce less under you so why should I remember it? I'm pretty sure the Zerode also plows better than my legend but that is because of the suspension. Please lets not go back to 2003 and claim light bikes are bad because you go down and heavy is fast and stable.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
So say 951 didn't work for you. Not that the 951 didn't work for you because it was light. Especially that with a very progressive bike that is known for being mediocre in the rough + progressive shock - what did you expect with that combo? Seriously it must have been the weight :rolleyes: You are heavier so the bike should bounce less under you so why should I remember it? I'm pretty sure the Zerode also plows better than my legend but that is because of the suspension. Please lets not go back to 2003 and claim light bikes are bad because you go down and heavy is fast and stable.
Heavier rider, heavier spring, bike bounces the same ?

with that I will just give up, you win, pick your prize up at the door!!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO

I am not gonna even compare the Zerode to a VPP. It isn't even in the same league as far as rough terrain and suspension feel. It literally makes a V-10 feel like a 4" trail bike. You need to ride one on rough terrain.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Heavier rider, heavier spring, bike bounces the same ?

with that I will just give up, you win, pick your prize up at the door!!
You mean you set your bike with less sag?

I am not gonna even compare the Zerode to a VPP. It isn't even in the same league as far as rough terrain and suspension feel. It literally makes a V-10 feel like a 4" trail bike. You need to ride one on rough terrain.
I'd really like to try it. Wanted in 2010 in Morzine but just got cought up in riding. I bet it sloughters the rough. Though my legend feels better than the v10 imho. It's just a bit harder to jump.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
he proided a very informative post about the Zerode, the bike in question.

Have you ridden a zerode? have you sat on one? have you even had the chance to touch one and see it in person?

He didn't say the 951 only sucked because it was light, it also sucked because he felt it was too progressive, and didn't handle the chop well.