Zillow is lit thread

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
"Quaint! Homey!"
"Ready for a buyer to make it their own!"
"Blank canvas!"

I bet they laugh their butts off writing these descriptions, well knowing that it's just polishing a turd.
"Ready for sweat equity!"

Both that one and the one I posted earlier were direct quotes from a realtor back when the wife and I were looking during the last run up. But surely the market is much more rational now. We still laugh about the home with "tons of potential". The owner was literally in the process of trying to dry out the basement from a flood when we walked through.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
"Ready for sweat equity!"

Both that one and the one I posted earlier were direct quotes from a realtor back when the wife and I were looking during the last run up. But surely the market is much more rational now.
Of course, housing prices, much like the stock market, only go up. Get in now before you get priced out!

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
that part of town used to be a real shit hole. actually almost the entire north shore
It's trendy historic Shi Tpa Town now!
Of course, housing prices, much like the stock market, only go up. Get in now before you get priced out!
I do actually need to buy a house this year despite it being the worst buyers market since I've vaguely been looking and feel like it's going to be impossible not to get screwed.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It's trendy historic Shi Tpa Town now!

I do actually need to buy a house this year despite it being the worst buyers market since I've vaguely been looking and feel like it's going to be impossible not to get screwed.
We bought at the end of last year and ended up paying 8% over asking for a house that needs a ton of work and maintenance.

Good luck and just remember, where you're headed, there's no such thing as too much lube.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I could put up with some ghosties and bad juju for $270/mo.

Though it reminds me of the movie '13 Ghosts'. Surprisingly, it's not a bad ghost related movie.
While they were remodeling it. About half the lumber was stolen and used to expand the nearby homeless community. Even after we caught the thieves red-handed the DA refused to press charges. We then invaded the camp, held the thieves at bay and took back our lumber, windows, insulation, and roofing materials. 3 trailer loads. The Oak flooring they stole was left outside and ruined by them. We had to take turns sleeping at the house to ensure that when they came back an armed, hostile presence deterred them. One gentleman we will call Sam was not deterred even after he was held at gunpoint until the Cops came. He came back the next night looking for Cans. The neighbor's kept stealing the real-estate signs and orchestrated a parking lockdown in front of the house so that contractors could not park anywhere near the place. The prior (evicted) tenant orchestrated a protest after on the day of the first open house. Someone has been taking shits by the back door.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Jonny Rockets in the basement…

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
That whole house is $66k? Damn.
When I lived in the west loop in Chicago, my ex owned a deeded parking space on the 7th floor of the building next door which she sold for $60k.
It’s da ROC!!! Henrietta ho’s and crackheads!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Jonny Rockets in the basement…
JHFC... that place is an unholy abomination.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wouldn't UoM bedding in an OH household lead to you being excommunicated or put up for adoption?