maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Found this one on reddit. People speculate it's either for a cult, or a large immigrant family. The floor plan is so absurd.
First pic screams cult compound. Mormon variety I'd guess.
definite church camp/treatment center vibes
worth noting: clarksville is a very high income area. i have family in Columbia (nearby). probably just some rich ahole.

per wiki:

Some of the most expensive homes on the East Coast are located in or around the town, whose property values are among the highest in the country. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Clarksville District 5 has a population of 56,239, with an estimated average income of $195,124, with median income of $160,606.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
not sure what that has to do with the nurse cratchett layout of some of those rooms

There's a bandstand/pope platform in one of them. Plenty of rich people houses out there that don't look like they have community scrub rooms
having money does not mean one has good taste. or common sense.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
define "living there"

Honestly that doesn't look too different from the house my grandparents lived in. The kitchen, living room, one bathroom, and one bedroom were in good condition and the rest was crumbling plaster exposed beams and lath. The place was huge probably 6000+ sq ft and they just didn't give a shit. It was a fun place to explore as a kid. It smelled like old magazines.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
That would make for one nice house with another 500,000 put into it. Our house was not that bad but not far from reaching that state when we bought it as it was raining through the roof which they tried to fix with trap on the floor in the ceiling but that was our luck so we could afford the place as there were nobody who wanted to buy.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Walk by this place regularly. Sad thing is that an elderly lady was living there. I hope she cashes out and lives large.

That looks a bit better than my FIL's place. Nobody had been inside his place in at least 10 years and it was shit. Of course it's just outside of Eugene, so it wasn't a huge seller either.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That looks a bit better than my FIL's place. Nobody had been inside his place in at least 10 years and it was shit. Of course it's just outside of Eugene, so it wasn't a huge seller either.
MIL's place... Oh boy. The shit they've found since they opened the walls up. Damage to a drain line, likely back to the earthquake in '89. All the mold? Yeah, that goes back to MIL not having someone out to actually inspect it because she was too embarrassed to see her place. It should have been fixed and paid for by HOA insurance 30+ years ago. She should have gotten $425k+ for that place, because the majority of the depreciation losses were related to the water damage and mold.