Quantcast

Zillow is lit thread

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Looks…flammable.
In Syracuse news, looks like the folk’s place is gonna go for about $450k, and the cash buyers also want to pay about $100 K in a separate transaction for the books, records, and the artwork.
Which also means that I don’t have to go and help my brother pack it all up.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
My father was a rare book academic (and as such, a collector), mostly focused on Arctic and Antarctic collections that were on the ships and ports a few hundred years ago. The really valuable stuff has already been given to Arctic collections around the world, but the ‘b-stock’ still packs quite a punch.
He was also director of NYPL, (and of the Lincoln Center collections) by proxy, so he had amassed a respectable music collection as well. Manuscripts, plays, first editions, music scores, maps, you get the idea. A lifetime of bibliomanía put to good use.
However, he was not charitable to ‘collectors’, he thought of them as little more than hoarders. He believed art should be available to the masses.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Looks…flammable.
In Syracuse news, looks like the folk’s place is gonna go for about $450k, and the cash buyers also want to pay about $100 K in a separate transaction for the books, records, and the artwork.
Which also means that I don’t have to go and help my brother pack it all up.
Its nasty there. Fentanyl capital of NY. Stay away.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
it was nice of the realtor to make the militia get rid of the swastikas before listing

I assume the separate building are to prevent to wimminfolk from tempting the alphamanfolk.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
My father was a rare book academic (and as such, a collector), mostly focused on Arctic and Antarctic collections that were on the ships and ports a few hundred years ago. The really valuable stuff has already been given to Arctic collections around the world, but the ‘b-stock’ still packs quite a punch.
He was also director of NYPL, (and of the Lincoln Center collections) by proxy, so he had amassed a respectable music collection as well. Manuscripts, plays, first editions, music scores, maps, you get the idea. A lifetime of bibliomanía put to good use.
However, he was not charitable to ‘collectors’, he thought of them as little more than hoarders. He believed art should be available to the masses.
rideit,did he have anything on Sir Earnest Shackleton? I read the book and have seen many a Doc’s. The story is hard to believe,like someone made it up. Did you know they found the Endurance?

Avy

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Take it easy Michelangelo.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It feels wrong but I kind of like it, artwork aside. That upstairs room is cool and it's got a fenced in yard for the dog. Obviously the place needs some TLC to go along with a fresh coat of paint and the roof looks like it's about 30 years old, but it's got potential. Need garage and basement pics.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It feels wrong but I kind of like it, artwork aside. That upstairs room is cool and it's got a fenced in yard for the dog. Obviously the place needs some TLC to go along with a fresh coat of paint, but it's got potential. Need garage and basement pics.
It fails miserably in the 3 most important real estate principles, though: location, location, location.

:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout