Quantcast

Zillow is lit thread

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
And inflicted on a population that has a median income a fraction of Vancouver's.
($39,800USD Vs $99,000USD)..... Fucked up or what!

NZ's median income in 2021 was $58,800 NZD
NZ's median house price in 2021 was $1,200,000 NZD.
no wonder people are angry that is not sustainable

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
pondering this. would have to retest for perc.
30 acres, some elevation/rocks, some stuff laid in, not too far to get things, not too close to others. not too far from good riding.
That is not bad. Especially if you could do micro hydro and have power and you have a easy to live with off grid place. Cabin is a little on the small side but a start I guess if you don't mind is a little rustic. If something like that was available around here I would have bought it long time ago.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
pondering this. would have to retest for perc.
30 acres, some elevation/rocks, some stuff laid in, not too far to get things, not too close to others. not too far from good riding.
What are zoning and land use laws like out there? That is always the first thing that you need to check out here. Oh, and water rights! Can you legally pull water out of that stream / spring ?

Property looks pretty sweet though.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hey @Nick found your new pad

Too big! I'd build half the size and retain moar trees on that lot.

S clued me into that house over on Colorow. $995k, went under contract on day 1. Kind of a bargain for the 'hood.
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/394-Colorow-Rd_Golden_CO_80401_M17567-74786

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Why so cheap? (Serious Q)
No idea. It backs up to the nature center! But has no mountain views like the 6th's have.
I shoulda bought it, but I had to check my bank account to see if any $1M checks had been deposited that maybe just hadn't cleared yet. In that time, somebody else swooped in.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Toured this place last night, not the worst of this thread by any means, but goddamn the layout was terrrrrrrible. Everything was a step up or a step down, stairs were definitely not up to code, way too steep, and the doors all swung weird directions, moving through the downstairs reminded me of subway turnstiles, only 1 person can enter a room at a time. On the upside, if somebody broke in they'd for sure roll an ankle trying to make off with your shit. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1675-Calle-Artigas-Thousand-Oaks-CA-91360/16435735_zpid/

The pricing history and how many times it has fallen out of escrow and been put back on the market, combined with price cuts in a market where everything sells for significantly over asking makes me thing the inspection reports have been rather poor as well.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Toured this place last night, not the worst of this thread by any means, but goddamn the layout was terrrrrrrible. Everything was a step up or a step down, stairs were definitely not up to code, way too steep, and the doors all swung weird directions, moving through the downstairs reminded me of subway turnstiles, only 1 person can enter a room at a time. On the upside, if somebody broke in they'd for sure roll an ankle trying to make off with your shit. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1675-Calle-Artigas-Thousand-Oaks-CA-91360/16435735_zpid/

The pricing history and how many times it has fallen out of escrow and been put back on the market, combined with price cuts in a market where everything sells for significantly over asking makes me thing the inspection reports have been rather poor as well.
Sure is a miss match of styles and has the age old classic lipstick on a pig look.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Our house has a dozen steps to get inside either of the outside doors or via the garage.

It's one of a few things that will mean I'd likely not want to be here into old age (if I survive COVID, climate wars, wild fires, drought and MAGA civil war 2.0)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Sure is a miss match of styles and has the age old classic lipstick on a pig look.
It was truly an entertaining house to walk through. They needed a short door for the closet under the stairs, so the cut a traditional 6 panel door in half, right directly through the depressed panels. The front yard was pretty steep, so naturally there were stairs, but you had to make a few steps up to get to the front door, then immediately step down a few stairs to get to the first floor. "Death steps" everywhere. Some finishes are pretty nice, other areas are hot garbage. Huge lot, but a tiny back-yard since most of it's hill, and because it backs up to open space insurance would run about $5k/year.

Perhaps the weirdest thing was all the security measures downstairs, and multiple twin beds in each room, makes me think it was either a failed old folks home, or a failed polygamists' compound, maybe a little of both column A and B.

It was a hard no before we even set an appointment to see if, but I had to go check it out just to see what's what.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Nothing says 70's chic like a split level.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Man... @Changleen is gonna be *pissed* when he sees the outdoor/glassed-in gas fireplace-for-no-reason. :D

View attachment 170267
One of my kid’s friends has an electric fake fire*. Pretty cool actually, you’d never know at first glance — it certainly looks ‘realer’ than that crappy gas one. I suppose at least it is gas and not coal.

(*Powered by renewables of course…)

Last edited: