Quantcast

Zillow is lit thread

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Where's your sense of adventure?
I think we will have to strip you of your honorary kiwi status for this.... Very poor form.
I’m official, not honorary. Sheesh! If I wanted to be surrounded by poorly informed right wingers I’d move to the Coromandel.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Un/underinsured most likely

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
People I know bought this fully furnished in 2016 and now trying to sell it after upstate has become the new place to gentrify.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
People I know bought this fully furnished in 2016 and now trying to sell it after upstate has become the new place to gentrify.

If Platty was still functional :p

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

The on and off over the last year probably isn't helping that price.

We've had a $300k (50%) appreciation over 4 years, which doesn't even factor modernizing (that we only paid for small amounts because of the flooding), which would likely drive the price up more. If we had somewhere else to go, it would be hard to not do it. But alas, we're not leaving CO, so nowhere to go.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The on and off over the last year probably isn't helping that price.

We've had a $300k (50%) appreciation over 4 years, which doesn't even factor modernizing (that we only paid for small amounts because of the flooding), which would likely drive the price up more. If we had somewhere else to go, it would be hard to not do it. But alas, we're not leaving CO, so nowhere to go.
Agree and even more strange they raised the price even more. It has been a strong market upstate but who knows what the right price is at the moment.

I think we have had 100% appreciation but unless we move away from the city we would never get anything better. I actually think it would be much better to rent out than ever sell this place if we wanted to move.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
70's bush style landscaping fixer

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
This home is actually pretty awesome. It could use some updates and maintenance, but architecturally it’s a gem.
Everytime I see a cool house like that I think about the frank Lloyd wright houses that have major problems and are crazy expensive to fix.

But I still wish I could afford to buy them.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Was probably installed the same year the last maintenance was done on that bridge.
Or maybe even the year the bridge was built - 1972.
This home is actually pretty awesome. It could use some updates and maintenance, but architecturally it’s a gem.
I agree, it's really cool, but not for that price.
Everytime I see a cool house like that I think about the frank Lloyd wright houses that have major problems and are crazy expensive to fix.

But I still wish I could afford to buy them.
Same. If they were less expensive I'd consider it, but they are always pricey and need a ton of work.