Quantcast

Zillow is lit thread

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Interesting project, could be cool, could be a nightmare.... Think I'd end up wanting an elevator.

My parents had a house with an elevator in Mexico. Constant maintenance. After one of them got stuck in it for a while they wouldn’t ride in it together anymore. Guests always loved it though and the tile stairs fucking sucked when drunk. Glad that piece of shit is out of our lives. Fucking place would be 60 degrees and windy, 3 minutes up the road in puerto Nuevo it would be fucking 100 degrees.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
My in laws used to live in Porterville. No other reason to go, and that's not a very good reason.
When I was 16, I worked as a delivery driver for Pizza Hut. I once had to drive to a Porterville location to pick up cheese, because we ran out. I got paid to drive there, and even that was not a good reason to go there.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Salida, here we come!
We could buy, like, 7 of these!

View attachment 187413
I mean... You could buy that, strip it to the studs and effectively rebuild it modern with every current efficient everything you could possibly add, for under $400k total. And it's less than 2 miles from downtown Salida. That's kinda fucking awesome.

edit: Just read it again. That's a mobile home. You're spending $200k for the property.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
And in that article is a phrase I have never heard, ‘Rusticratic’.
It makes me a little queasy, but perfectly describes a ton of the big houses here.

(but also describes some of the insanely beautiful Adirondack ‘camps’ from the first round of insane wealth in the 1920’s).

Last edited: