mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

This house sold for $220k 7 years ago. IMO its a $500k property, not 1.7 million. LOL maybe a recession is coming down the pipeline...

The mtb trails are out the front door which is nice. Not $1.2 million nice though.
$1.7mil for 1500 sq ft in Yakima?!? :crazy: :rofl:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It seems to be standard procedure 'round here to list homes way over reasonable prices, I assume hoping to get some out of town buyer to jump on it. You see a lot of big price drops after a week or two on the market.
They've dropped 150k off the asking price already and likely are praying for an out of towner to jump in.

If they want to be real - they need to cut 1.2 million off the asking price. Hahaha

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC

This house sold for $220k 7 years ago. IMO its a $500k property, not 1.7 million. LOL maybe a recession is coming down the pipeline...

The mtb trails are out the front door which is nice. Not $1.2 million nice though.
Is there a reason for the exterior doors to be hung at different heights? Seems weird..

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This place is for sale at the end of my street.

It has a nice deck, I guess?

I wonder how their "boathouse" works, as the water there is super shallow, you can even see the gravel under their jet ski? :rofl: You can walk 100 feet out into the lake here and the water will still be below your nips.

They did slap some paint on the exterior though, which looks nicer than the previous poo brown.

1683060466301.png

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Is there a reason for the exterior doors to be hung at different heights? Seems weird..
These owners executed a crappy remodel. I am guessing one of those doors is an exterior access closet of some kind.

I am in disbelief of the asking price on that place. For 1.7 million theres way fancier properties available.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

I wonder how their "boathouse" works, as the water there is super shallow, you can even see the gravel under their jet ski? :rofl: You can walk 100 feet out into the lake here and the water will still be below your nips.

They did slap some paint on the exterior though, which looks nicer than the previous poo brown.

View attachment 193273
Nothing is more boring than this current trend of grey and white everything...going to be pretty funny in 10-15 years when everyone is ripping grey flooring out of every house.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

View attachment 193273
Being near the Go station and on lake Simcoe. Makes this the best of both worlds. Simcoe is incredibly clean. Barrie is a nice city. On the cusp of cottage country but still accessible to TO via public transport. Double decker cars are nice. So is Union Station. Just don't fall asleep or you will end up in Etobicoke.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, this isn’t really lit or anything, but this is what stuff is like a few blocks away. (po’ people houses)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So, this isn’t really lit or anything, but this is what stuff is like a few blocks away. (po’ people houses)

Nice cabinets. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh wow, I did not recognize it. Seems like it’ll be a tough sell! 1/3 acre in hollywood however… is that teardown territory?
I would think there is someone both rich and crazy enough to buy it as is. It looks like it's in incredible condition. It's huge, too.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Hey, my parents house!
A gazillion dollars!
(sounds like there might be a bidding war, realtor estimates about 25% more).
It’s a super-unique property for Syracuse.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Hey, my parents house!
A gazillion dollars!

Is there something wrong with Syracuse? Honest question, I know nothing about the area. That home would be pushing a million dollars here.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hey, my parents house!
A gazillion dollars!

Damn, that's crazy. My folks house is half that si
Is there something wrong with Syracuse? Honest question, I know nothing about the area. That home would be pushing a million dollars here.
:stupid:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Would be 7 or 8 here in town with that acreage. Yes, there is something wrong with Syracuse, mostly it being a rust belt washout (after Carrier left).
Micron is building a new high tech manufacturing and engineering facility close by, so this house will be very attractive to that set. (decent schools, near great private schools, near SU, easy commute).
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if someone scraped it and built something big and modern, but the 100+ year old farmhouse part gives it a cool modern/retro feel.
The biggest issue is that the kitchen is crap, basically a galley.
My thought was to completely re-configure it, and make that large library/office space into an amazing open kitchen/place where everyone hangs zone.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Would be 7 or 8 here in town with that acreage. Yes, there is something wrong with Syracuse, mostly it being a rust belt washout (after Carrier left).
Micron is building a new high tech manufacturing and engineering facility close by, so this house will be very attractive to that set. (decent schools, near great private schools, near SU, easy commute).
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if someone scraped it and built something big and modern, but the 100+ year old farmhouse part gives it a cool modern/retro feel.
The biggest issue is that the kitchen is crap, basically a galley.
My thought was to completely re-configure it, and make that large library/office space into an amazing open kitchen/place where everyone hangs zone.
Syracuse is a decent town. The rundown areas keep to themselves. Schools are good. Wegmans. Cost of living is cheap. Great access to the North Country and Finger Lakes. Lots of good jobs. Winters suck. Lots of snow. Summers are grand enough to make up for it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
evergreen colorado....for 465k id ssk the carpet be removed and hardwood put in...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
evergreen colorado....for 465k id ssk the carpet be removed and hardwood put in...

looks cool, but couldn’t help noticing there’s not a straight wall in the place!