Quantcast

Zokes Z1 SL?

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
Sorry but the forum won't let me search fo Z1 SL because the word is too short. Anyway does anyone have one of these? HOw do they perform? I might need to get a new fork and this looks like the ticket. I would really like something that feels like my fox float 125rlc just stouter as this is going on more of a burly hardtail.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I had an '04 z1 fr sl and it doesn't feel anywhere near as good as the '03 manitou firefly I have now (firefly was a bunch cheaper too).

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
dfinn said:
I had an '04 z1 fr sl and it doesn't feel anywhere near as good as the '03 manitou firefly I have now (firefly was a bunch cheaper too).
This shows you how bad these forks really are(when a firefly is actually better than a Zoke)

Supposedly 'M' has new internals for the SL this year.('06)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
dfinn said:
that year firefly are pretty dang nice. stiff and supple, like my wang.
You forgot to add little, tiny, and small. Well, thats what Zedro told eveyone. :nuts:

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
I was looking at the 2006 version which I quickly realized was not even for sale yet. I'll just have to wait and see once people start riding these things.

As far as the manitou, I'm sure they're making good stuff but I've broken way too many manitous to ever buy one again so it's out of the question for me.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Zaskar Rider said:
I was looking at the 2006 version which I quickly realized was not even for sale yet. I'll just have to wait and see once people start riding these things.

As far as the manitou, I'm sure they're making good stuff but I've broken way too many manitous to ever buy one again so it's out of the question for me.
Ive broke 7 manitous and ZERO Zokes.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Kanter said:
I have never seen a Z1 SL last more than a month.
I have had three & used them for everything from trails to 4x to dirt jumping. Amazingly light & strong 5" fork. No issues with them ever as long as you read & follow the manual's air pressure chart. They just take about a month to break in to their ultra plushness. On the other hand, my Shermans took about a month to break, period.

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
kanter, what is it about the z1 sl that breaks? It must be something in the air spring because the rest of the fork is the same Z1 chassis as the rest of the series isn't it?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The oil/air chambers leak into each other and the fork looses travel and feels dead. Some people ride them that way. Eventually they lock up and get about 1-2" of travel.