Quantcast

Zumbi F-22... what's the good word?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Did a search on this and didn't see anything. Anyone have anything to offer up on this sexxxy looking rig? I've been lusting for the F-44 for a while, but this has goodness all over it too.

http://www.zumbicycles.com/english/f22.php

destiny: Freeride, mini DH, extreme Enduro
material: 7020 alloy frame, 7075 alloy links, Ti6Al4V pivot axles (F-22 Ti version)
size: S, M, L, custom top tube length and head tube angle
colors: white/green, white/orange, white/red, white/black, custom, polished, anodized
travel: 140, 170 mm
shock options: custom tuned Fox Float or DHX series, Elka Stage 5, Avalanche Montie, DHS
weight: 3590g (with Fox Float shock, size M)
warranty: full two year warranty

other features:
- shock dimensions eye2eye 7.5", 8.5". Stroke 2.00”, 2.25”, 2.5"
- designed for front suspension travel: 130-180mm
- adjustable head tube angle
-1 1/8” head tube
- tire clearance: 26"x 2.6,
- 150, 135mm spacing, 12mm thru axle option
- 83, 73mm BB shell
- 31.6mm seat post
- replaceable cnc derailleur hanger
- ISCG OLD mount
- E-type front deraileur
- laser etched head tube logo

We have been working on this frame throughout the past two years. Our fresh new design is dedicated for Freeride, mini DH and extreme Enduro with downhill performance of its bigger brother F-44. Redesigned Zumbi FPS System suspension linkage. The F-22 can be built into a light extreme enduro bike with 140mm of travel or a more aggressive freeride, mini DH bike with 170mm travel depending on the shock length You choose. Active suspension under hard braking. Easily adjustable head angle. S-bent swing arm profiles increasing stiffness and crank clearance. Pedal bob free. Super stiff linkage thanks to our pivot axle design. Optional Ti6Al4V Titanium pivot axles in F-22 Ti version saving weight. High quality sealed ball bearings. CNC machined details and hand welded in our factory in Poland. Optional custom geometry.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Awww, thanks :D

I'm in the market for a new rig, since my HT got ripped off. Now, I'm thinking a 2nd full squish with a more all-mountain slant might be in the cards. Of course, I could just air-shock the Nic and get a lighter wheelset for it and it would be a solid player.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Nicolai has a PUSH'd DHX 5.0 w/ a steel coil and a 888 WC ATA, Outlaws, 2-ply Mins, SLX cranks, Dirty30 bar, Crampons, and a few other bits.

I'm thinking I could drop about:
2lbs of tire (single ply tires for all-mountain)
1lb of wheel (lighter custom wheelset)
1lb of rear shock (go air Roco, maybe even RP23)

I was even thinking of a single crown 66 ata, which might shave another 1/2 lb. Of course, I could just suck it up... though, ditching the rotational weight would be nice.

J1 is good with a new spawn. J2 is MIA.

...and now back to the Zumbi :D

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, I can't read French, so that won't get me far. I seem to recall that thread of yorus, and I'm shocked I didn't put my $0.02 in it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I think removing the enduro phrase from any marketing stuff attached to f22 would get a lof flame off your backs as the enduro crowd is seriously dorky and easly offended so flame is imminent ;) I like the looks, even though I'm not a fan of steep seat tubes. The only thing that baffles me is why it doesn't come in 1.5 headtube? It's a gravity bike designed to work with single crowns so 1 1/8 doesn't seem like the most reasonable option.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
If the F22 rides like my F44 does, it'll be awesome.

My one and only gripe about the F22 is the inability to run anything but a single ring. But, if you run a 32t or a 34t, you should be in good shape without any concerns for moderate climbing.

And my F44 rides like a dream. I'd love to get my hands on one of these F22's.

edc

Chimp
Nov 19, 2006
thats the first air shock one i have seen, dont think that the brand has done that well in the uk

ZUMBI

Chimp
Mar 22, 2007
Myslenice, Poland
thats the first air shock one i have seen, dont think that the brand has done that well in the uk
If You are having in mind the 4 Mountains Team then Zumbi was just one of the many other sponsors such as Fox Mavic Funn... and we did our job well suporting the riders with frames. Problem was with the Teams Manager Jason King who prommised money for the riders and never payed them a cent. He dissappieried and sold some of the team bikes.Sad story. Bad man.

Zumbi is doing good in UK. This weekend in London quarry Duncan McCann will show all our new rides including the electric F44. There will be some magazines there such as Dirt etc. There will be lots going on.
For more details about the show ask Duncan http://www.zumbicycles.co.uk/contact-us.php

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
If the F22 rides like my F44 does, it'll be awesome.

My one and only gripe about the F22 is the inability to run anything but a single ring. But, if you run a 32t or a 34t, you should be in good shape without any concerns for moderate climbing.

And my F44 rides like a dream. I'd love to get my hands on one of these F22's.

Where is your Zumbi:D

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Getting fixed my Pawel at Zumbi.

Hopefully I'll have it back in the next two weeks. :D

Then I can continue my representation of Zumbi around Northern California. :thumb:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Brian I still wonder why haven't you posted Kariel's new hardtail ;) Imho it's butt ugly but some people may like it ;)

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Pawel, when I was in the market for a bike, Brian was hounding me NON-STOP to get a Karpiel.

Not to worry. I'm still MORE than satisfied with my decision to pick up my F-44.

And Brian's an old man. He's going senile. :D