Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Edit button. Delete thread option. Checkbox. Delete thread button.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
1. mo·tor·cy·cle
Function: noun
Meaning: a vehicle with two wheels that is powered by a motor and that can carry one or two people.

ZUMBI

Chimp
Mar 22, 2007
Myslenice, Poland
well our designs lets You easily unscrew the motor holder and You have a race ready DH bike without the boosty. It takes 15 min and Your set. The whole bike weighs just 2.2 kg more with the system. Battery is around 2kg in the backpack.
next thing is how many of You tried a bike like this?
Every rider who tried our e-bike had a smile from ear to ear when riding it and when I see all the negative internet comments about different ebikes it makes me laugh.

Last edited:

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
well our designs lets You easily unscrew the motor holder and You have a race ready DH bike without the boosty. It takes 15 min and Your set. The whole bike weighs just 2.2 kg more with the system. Battery is around 2kg in the backpack.
Every rider who tried our e-bike had a smile from ear to ear when riding it and when I see all the negative internet comments it makes me laugh.
:spam::spam:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
1. mo·tor·cy·cle
Function: noun
Meaning: a vehicle with two wheels that is powered by a motor and that can carry one or two people.
Who cares? Wouldnt you want to try a 20kg motorbike based on a prooven dh bike?

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
I for one happen to like seeing anything bike related. While its not something that I'm in the market for I still enjoyed the video and like to see companies trying something new and thinking outside the box. Keep up the good work :thumb:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
People need to stop being such purist haters. I think that thing looks like amazing fun. Would I buy one? Perhaps if I didn't already have a DH bike and a dirtbike and other motorcycles. Would I love playing with one? Absolutely. Would I buy one anyway if I had that kind of money to spare? Absolutely.

No one is forcing you to buy one, or evenride one, and therefore I think you're all being idiots for bashing something that can't possibly be a bad time.

Some people like to race, some people like to freeride, some people just really like bikes and what can be done with them from a technological standpoint. I'm a mix of all three... I also like to ride XC, bang out some miles on the Road, and sometimes I say screw a bike and ride my supermoto.

the hate is retarded.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Who cares? Wouldnt you want to try a 20kg motorbike based on a prooven dh bike?
Perhaps. But motorized vehicles aren't allowed on MANY trails out here.

I was making a simple point: bicycle + motor = motorcycle.

I can imagine what an influx of motor assisted DH bikes would do to trail conflicts and issues. It wouldn't be good. (I guess there may be places where that may not be a concern, I just don't know of any.)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
it looks like a ton of fun. especially since you can remove the motor assembly so fast.
ive always wanted to ride a DH bike with a motor or engine. the motor option is nice since its so quiet and is environmentally friendly.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
im kinda glad i havnt been on forums for the past 3 months
people like being d1cks
i think its super cool, i would like to see it in dirt though
lovely editing too, what did you film with?
whats the song? catchy too

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
haters? no, I ride bikes because they don't have motors, and they require effort to ride them....let alone the potential advocacy, management, and access headaches this could cause.....thanks, but no thanks.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
haters? no, I ride bikes because they don't have motors, and they require effort to ride them....let alone the potential advocacy, management, and access headaches this could cause.....thanks, but no thanks.
I ride bikes because they are fun, never understood the effort thing. For that I go to the gym. Much more effort in a shorter period of time.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
going to the gym isn't fun, pedaling bikes in the forest is.
For me Gym is Fun, Pedaling is Fun but on my dh bike (and f44 is a dh bike) I dont pedal that much unless Im in a race. Is pedaling the 1st thing when you think about dh and having fun?

Last edited:

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
it looks like a ton of fun. especially since you can remove the motor assembly so fast.
ive always wanted to ride a DH bike with a motor or engine. the motor option is nice since its so quiet and is environmentally friendly.
Nothing environmentally friendly about a motor bike with a nasty arsed battery

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
Every rider who tried our e-bike had a smile from ear to ear when riding it and when I see all the negative internet comments about different ebikes it makes me laugh.
seriously, I want it!

Everywhere there is not much to do with a heavy dh bike. Also I have take the bike up :rant:

nice idea to have fun the whole season and in local places there is no lifts..

I dont want 100-200kg motorcycles and pay for taxes, license

I hope electric motors will popular everywhere.. if electric cars are coming, why not for bikes..

im excited

btw what costs such frame?

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nothing environmentally friendly about a motor bike with a nasty arsed battery
Actually you'd be flat-out wrong there: http://ebikes.ca/sustainability/Ebike_Energy.pdf

Anyway, I think all of the above posters complaining about the motor should STFU if they've ever shuttled or ridden a lift-accessed mountain. Hell, why aren't you riding your bicycle to the trailhead instead of driving it there in your 4x4 pickup truck? :rolleyes:

ZUMBI

Chimp
Mar 22, 2007
Myslenice, Poland
Thanks for all the comments!
Video was filmed using a D90 Camera
editing by Adobe Premiere
next time we will use a better camera as we arnt happy with the quality

to the haters: I wish You all first tried a bike like this and then write Your opinions
We have mountains just behind our workshop with no lifts known to me just from XC rides and I started exploring them on this ebike again and it just opens new horizones and possiblities like climbing up on rocky steep uphills where its impossible on a XC bike and then going down on a full bred DH bike. Besides that I just go and explore any routes I see on the mountain and not just stick to the standard bike or tourist routes and that way I find new places to ride. I belive the ebikes have a future and we will evolve this design. We alraedy started selling these bikes in 2010 in Switzerland and Germany. You can find the finished products on http://www.boosty.ch with all the technical data

e bikes are for fat people who are weak
lifts are for fat and weak people. be a tough guy and pedal Your 18kg DH bike up a hill and dont be a chicken on the lift. Besides the more You pedal these ebikes the longer You can ride saving the battery so lazy people wont get far on them. I can get up to 5 hours of riding in the mountains on a fully charged battery. If thats not enough for You You can always pack the charger and charge the battery in any mountain refuge, gas station etc.

Last edited:

sgarstin

Chimp
Feb 26, 2010
I love how people can't deal with any kind of change to their conventionality. I am not saying this idea is good or bad.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC

to the haters: I wish You all first tried a bike like this and then write Your opinions

lifts are for fat and weak people. be a tough guy and pedal Your 18kg DH bike up a hill and dont be a chicken on the lift. Besides the more You pedal these ebikes the longer You can ride saving the battery so lazy people wont get far on them. I can get up to 5 hours of riding in the mountains on a fully charged battery. If thats not enough for You You can always pack the charger and charge the battery in any mountain refuge, gas station etc.
Holy crap dude, you've managed to insult a WHOLE lot of people with your comments, I sure hope you are not in charge of marketing for Zumbi because your attitude isnt very professional.You should actually take the critics into consideration and apply that to your marketing plan bro.

I for one also think the ebike is a bit of a joke.I get your points but I have a very different opinion...Does that make me fat and lazy ?Im sure it can be a fun for a while but I dont see that being THAT much fun either...

I ride bikes pretty much 5-6 days a week year round, including XC , DH and over 80 days in Whistler. I also ride moto every now and then and the ebike gives me the impression it is some sort of a weak crossover between DH and moto. Im 5'10 , 145 pounds...wouldnt call myself fat by any means.

Do you seriously think lifts are for fat and lazy people ????!Im guessing you are probably not a very fast DH rider then.Beside, following your logic, every moto guys are just a bunch of fat rednecks as well are they ? How does pedaling an electric assisted mountain bike makes you fitter exactly ?

Bottom line, I'll keep my mountain bike nice and clean and buy myself a nice dirt bike instead.

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
so if these bikes are going to be making their way into the market in the US, what will they be classified as? ORV's? I know for damn sure if i have to ride ORV trails I'm going to get a bike with a real motor. sure there are less than sanctioned mtb areas here and there where these could be ridden without anyone really saying anything, but they will probably open a whole nother can of worms when it comes to trail access and its concievable that they could be bad for mountain biking as a whole. if i had to guess I'd say they will be classified as ORV's.
I do think these pedal/electric hybrids look like fun and open up some pretty cool possibilities for rides. will they catch on? who knows. will I buy one? no.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Do you seriously think lifts are for fat and lazy people ????!Im guessing you are probably not a very fast DH rider then.Beside, following your logic, every moto guys are just a bunch of fat rednecks as well are they ? How does pedaling an electric assisted mountain bike makes you fitter exactly ?

Bottom line, I'll keep my mountain bike nice and clean and buy myself a nice dirt bike instead.

I think your Irony-meter is broken. It was for comparison purposes. Read the quoted part. Duuuuh.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here

We have mountains just behind our workshop with no lifts known to me just from XC rides and I started exploring them on this ebike again and it just opens new horizones and possiblities like climbing up on rocky steep uphills where its impossible on a XC bike and then going down on a full bred DH bike. Besides that I just go and explore any routes I see on the mountain and not just stick to the standard bike or tourist routes and that way I find new places to ride. I belive the ebikes have a future and we will evolve this design. We alraedy started selling these bikes in 2010 in Switzerland and Germany. You can find the finished products on http://www.boosty.ch with all the technical data

A bit of friendly advice. If you want to project your company in a favorable light in a forum setting, do not allow yourself to be baited into a fight. Ignore any negative comments, converse about the good. Nothing spreads negative attitude faster than acting like a 14 year old with his first forum membership.

I was teasing you about spamming until you got hostile. To tell you the truth I think it's a neat project. Not all that marketable, but interesting.

You are spamming, though. Next time try admitting that you're advertising where you're not supposed to. A little humility goes a long way. As long as you're adding interesting content you won't be attacked.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
he pointed out that it was a prototype. It isn't for sale at the moment. People get all up in intense and turners and canfields jockstrap and start rubbing themselves the moment they post proto shots. This was a cool idea that zumbi was stoked on and is in proto stages. I don't really see it as spam.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec

hopefuly your engine runs on lipo batteries and catchs on fire and you die on it.

I dont know the conv. for kilos to pounds cause I dont really care about weight,or a engine,because im going ************************DOWNHILL*********************

The lift is there so I get up the mountain in a timely fashion.
Not cause I cant make it up.tough guys fight not pedal bikes up a mountain :rofl:

Instead of doing 2 runs on your pootastic electric bike,I can get easy 25 to 40 runs in a day with the lift,and not need a motor to get down the hill cause im fat and slow and weak.

not just that,adding a motor and batteries is a terrible idea,one day your motor will die,one day your batts will die=MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day you will need replacement parts for your poo motor,one day your going to need to learn to fix your poo motor.

zumbi's are cool,the rest of you and your ideas are gay.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
p-spec the more I read your post the more Im convinced you are a bit slow.
From what I got with the people who had a chance to ride it its a way to ride your bike when there is NO LIFT. Thanks to this instead of being a though guy and do 2 runs with pushing your bike up (a full on dh rig at least on my current setup is unpedallable for any longer distance uphill) you can do 10 therefore have more FUN and Training.
The motor is designed to get you UP, not down.