Quantcast

Zumbi invasion..

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
Yup, and the sad thing is that they are prolly too stupid to just look at your sig. Anyway, are you going to get a site up for doing sales on the various products your selling? You have put together a list of cool and unique companies.
Yes, I am working on updating my site as we speak, should be done in a few weeks. Stay tuned.

If you think my product list is cool and unique now wait till 2008! I have a bunch of new deals currently in the works including components, tires, apperal etc. And most of it is stuff that the US market has never seen before, I am excited!

Thanks,

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Way nicer than a PDC with a slacker HA and a nice ala Karpiel head tube gusset....wich now i've started to call "the polish gusset" hehe.
Super nice bikes and preety nice craftmanship!!!

L

luelling

Looks more like a PDC to me, did they licence/buy the design from them?

Just because it looks similar doesn't mean that it is. Adding length to the links could change the feel of the bike a lot, or maybe moving the pivots slightly

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
Looks more like a PDC to me, did they licence/buy the design from them?
I tossed this question back to Pawel at Zumbi, I figured who better to answer a design question than the designer? Here is his responce:

Hi Joe!
Well it really is similar but just "outside", the lengths and angles of the links are totally different. My suspensions leverage ratio starts at 1: 3.25 and ends at 1:2.8. It really works progressively but in a linear way. I don't like frames which work really soft ¾ and then suddenly stiffen up that why I got into that range. When I started my design my base points were a floating main pivot system with 220mm travel out of a 3" shock, the changing of the leverage ratios in the mentioned range and backward suspension path. It took me one year to get the design working the way I wanted it. The linkage "look" itself was really based on a Cortina but without the additional shock rocker. Somebody showed me the PDC after I already built my first F44 prototype in November 2006. I don't know anything about the leverage ratios and wheel path designed by PDC but if you look at it the angles and link lengths are different so it works in a different way. I found out a while ago that PDC is out of the bike market (from their distributor in Chile) this year and they really got there idea from Karpiel. Really all todays "Virtual Pivot Point" idea frames are similar to each other but they vary in the wheel paths and progression. For me its more important how my suspension design works then how it looks.

Pawel

There ya have it...

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
FYI, for anyone that is interested in checking out the frames "hands on". We will be at the National Championships in Snowmass Aug.9-12. I will have all 3 frames on display and available for Demo. Just look for the big blue tents w/ the huge green "zumbi" banner in the tech/expo area, trust me you cant miss it :cheers:

Stibe

Chimp
Sep 24, 2008
Here is my new -09 Zumbi F-44 ti. There will be new saint gears and maybe lighter wheels. Weight is 18,5kg (40,8lbs) with Maxxis high roller/minion 2.5 1ply tires.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The bike looks great but 18.5kg with boxxer + 1 ply tires on a light frame? Seems a lot. Ditch the heavy wheels.

Stibe

Chimp
Sep 24, 2008
Actually the frame isn't that light. It weights 5,4kg with Avalanche Woodie shock and rear axle.