Quantcast

{zzz}°°°( -_-)>c[_] Saturday Early Riser Get me some fucking coffee {GMT}°°°( -_-)>c[_]

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got a lot on tap today, up early for no good reason. Gonna make Hungarian Goulash in the slow cooker today. Financée got another call from a residency program she didn't actually apply for (this is the second one, plus the one she applied for) so it looks like she'll most likely be starting a new position in early 2021. Have a loverly day, poo flingers.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you can have your coffee.....had hot tea for the first time in forever.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Bright and cold day today, finally going to put up the Grinch because everyone is giving me grief for not having it up by Thanksgiving. It only takes a few minutes, one of the best things about it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
No traffic at all on way up—may have to modify my assumptions for this weird season.

Too early for even breakfast places so we are in the town garage, tethered to one of the two J1772 umbilicals, electric heat on and kids clambering about happily on the reclined passenger seat.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Moar Coffeez.

Should ride today, but decidedly meh on 29" wheels, unless its a mullet, darn broken spokes.

Perhaps pushing up and riding the DH sled is the answer.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
coffee consumed, nature called, now cooking oatmeal. Once it warms up I will put the new tire on the dually then commence to applying lap sealant (dicor) to all the roof seams and solar panel mounting areas on the camper roof ( a yearly endeavor).

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello monkey friends! LMFAO! I got hero sleep last night, then dragged myself around the high school track for a four mile run in a 38 degree heavy rain. That fucking sucked. The rain has now changed over to snow and we're looking at somewhere between 3 and 10 inches. I'll be hunkered down in the house until there is enough snow to clear from the driveway and sidewalk.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Wife wants to set up Christmas stuff today. Will have to try my best to not lose my shit and be a gOoD dAd.

Ordered brakes for my bike last night, so that's cool. Just have drivetrain left to go, which might make a good birthday gift to myself in early January.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The rain has now changed over to snow and we're looking at somewhere between 3 and 10 inches. I'll be hunkered down in the house until there is enough snow to clear from the driveway and sidewalk.
You mean 10 to 14"? :D They've upped ours to ~8" here just NW of Boston.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Well I had a pretty average week. The weather has been great, and I managed to sneak in a mid week ride.

Unfortunately the combination of unloading 650+ Christmas trees last week and my ride seem to have given me a knot in my back that is making me feel my age. A massage yesterday completely solved it, but it’s back today.

As for today, we are planning a kitchen reno, and have a flooring guy coming to have a look.

It’s gonna be nice out, so perhaps a ride later if my back allows.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley was coughing this morning, so we didn't go up. Remote appt w/ doctor in 1hr for referral to Children's for a Covid test. With Hannah's exposure, it's pretty much a given that we have to at this point. She finally admitted that she's been coughing for 3-4 days now but masking it because she wanted to ski today. Lots of crying this morning...

Get to grout the fireplace tile today to finish that job, then putting together my dust collection unit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
5th wedding anniversary today, 12th year as an official couple. So thats kinda neat.

Happy to report that I am still good friends with all of my groomsmen (@CrabJoe StretchPants I haven't forgotten that its our 17th anniversary this year), which is more than my wife can say for her bridesmaids. Seems like there's always a bridesmaid or two who go off the rails.

Wife wants to set up Christmas stuff today. Will have to try my best to not lose my shit and be a gOoD dAd.

Ordered brakes for my bike last night, so that's cool. Just have drivetrain left to go, which might make a good birthday gift to myself in early January.
You too? :rofl: Wifey gets super annoyed with me every year because I don't get super jazzed to decorate.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Haley was coughing this morning, so we didn't go up. Remote appt w/ doctor in 1hr for referral to Children's for a Covid test. With Hannah's exposure, it's pretty much a given that we have to at this point. She finally admitted that she's been coughing for 3-4 days now but masking it because she wanted to ski today. Lots of crying this morning...

Get to grout the fireplace tile today to finish that job, then putting together my dust collection unit.
Dust collection unit...going to get one of those HEPA vacs you can plug tools into? I love the idea of not having cords running all over the damned place, plus the vacuum only being on when the tool is running without my input.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Went grocery shopping while wife and kids were napping, as snowstorm makes for no crowds. Pulled into the lot next to a good friend/co-worker just sitting in her truck. Her 2yo was passed out, so she was waiting to see if he woke up before bringing him in. Currently sitting with him so she could go shopping.

What can I say, great timing and kindness are my thing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dust collection unit...going to get one of those HEPA vacs you can plug tools into? I love the idea of not having cords running all over the damned place, plus the vacuum only being on when the tool is running without my input.
Kind of a gerryrig setup. Cyclone using HD buckets and PVC powered by my HEPA vac.

I have the buckets and the adtl stuff is $50. Low cost consequence of it doesn't work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Framing done, had to rebuild the framing nailer again. This time it was the trigger assembly. Installing the door tomorrow. Then need to get drywall.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
got to use the fatbike contraption today. Felt good to be back in the saddle, ass is saying otherwise.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Lines at Winter Park base were absolutely insane.

Like the gondola line extended to the waffle hut.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ended up pulling both the drivers and passenger side Dually wheels to inspect and check air pressure while installing the replacement for the tire that blew. Tires were good but the air pressure was all over the place. Got the compressor out and fixed that up. Torqued the lugs to 120 ft pounds then went out for an hour drive, came back and rechecked the torque. all good for now. on another note those tires are effing heavy.

IMG_20201205_095438577_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201205_111238882_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201205_101420113_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201205_095452999_HDR.jpg