Quantcast

°° trash day gmt °°

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My Friday, so suck on that. Also have Monday off, so go ahead and suck a little longer.

It's damn cold on the walkies.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Woke up at 6:15 randomly. Not working today. May well have to be the in-the-gym parent with Baby Aya in her gymnastics class this morning as my wife’s (and the elder kids’) COVID test is still pending.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I woke up, so that's an encouraging start. Going to play and snuggle the baby for a bit while "working". I'm lucky to have a workplace that is understanding.

Anyone here written a book before?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
No books because ain’t nobody got time for that

but my 38th paper was accepted yesterday, a real page-turner

397E78F5-2F4C-4BD2-9833-243C9746EEB1.jpeg

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Looks like Rock Jesus retired...not to Enduro but he jumped right to 'influcencer'. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i don't know why i haven't thought to toss the jalapeno slices for my breakfast burrito into the skillet with the eggs before this morning.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
this is the prequel

They say the first sentence is what really hooks the reader. You had me at:

"Contrast-enhanced (CE)-MRA optimization involves interactions of sequence duration, bolus timing, contrast recirculation, and both R1 relaxivity and
urn:x-wiley:07403194:media:mrm26349:mrm26349-math-0001
-related reduction of signal."

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Up late studying. I have 3 weeks to finish off this section of the CFP study and it's slow going, dense material. I don't deal with insurance at all and the more I learn detail, the more I am convinced it's a deep racket. I can't get beyond how anything individual life insurance that's not basic term, isn't a money grab for negligible benefit. If people were educated even to the basics of economics or even math, whole life and variable life policies would collapse under the weight of their own bullshit. I was already a supporter of Medicare for all, but holy shit... The things the healthcare industry can legally get away with?! And long-term care? That needs to be wrapped up into Medicare for all instead of just being a Medicaid (welfare) program. You can only have $2k to your name before you can get onto the Medicaid LTC program. It forces you to either spend $5-7k/yr for decades to buy a plan or go into poverty to get support. And if you have the wrong person look after you, they can deny the claim for reimbursement outright. What the fuck is that?

I pay somewhere around $80k/yr between income taxes and FICA, and healthcare premiums/deductibles. I would need to spend another nearly 10% annually on top of that to make sure that I have full healthcare when I get old. I understand that my household is upper income, but even then it's a hard sell. If you make $50k/yr as a household, you can just plan on living in poverty in retirement, assuming you ever get to stop working. Our country is fucking broken.

Oh, the cats are getting spayed today and will likely be getting adopted out soon.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back from the states. Good with some vacation time but always nice to be back home with some days to rest before work starts again. Heating system is still not working so I lighted up the fireplace as the first thing and making some coffee to heat up and beat the jet lag. NYC was clearly still hurting from covid with few people on the streets, a lot of closed stores and a lot of homeless people too. Still noisy and smelly so covid has not removed all the good parts of the city. Good a couple of good things including boots and Patagonia upgraded my rain jacket. It was good to visit and see friends but I did not regret leaving. If the weather holds up I will do my first bike ride this week post collarbone break.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Present, still doing battle with machinists.

Current issue is that he wants to re-run a part that uses a $300 chunk of material and takes a day to cut because his cutter comp on a thread-mill was off and the bolts won't thread in the holes. Why not just tap them? you may ask. His reason was that a broken tap would scrap the part, uh, dude, it's scrap anyway if the bolts won't go in.

I grabbed a tap, tap handle, and some lube, 20 minutes later the parts done.

I need to start drinking at work.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Wut up beeyotches!

Just got out of the woods in time to see the first snow fall. I might be heading for the SW to soak my arthritic bones for the winter or at least find a less harsh slush fest for the season.

In other news....

On the hunt for a carbon gravel bike to do some ultralight weight international bikepacking abroad with. So far I am digging the Niner MCR

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
any details you can share?
Snowmobile stuff.

California is one of those places where the USFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of rich 9th home owners who want to scream NIMBY and use environmental law to lock the gates to the hood to everyone else (part of the reason we're a state-wide matchbox). They keep suing the forest service and the forest service keeps caving so someone needs to put a stop to it.

This is on a forest that's already 70% wilderness where it snows, with additional closures beyond wilderness. They just cut us down to 10% based on zero evidence of harm where sleds have been for the last 50 years. So fuck'em. It's not about balance, or science. They've just never had anyone stand up in a meaningful way so they kept going. I'm making a bingo card for all the cliched phrases we're about to get thrown our way once this makes it into bay area papers. Gonna be funny as hell for me because I remember all the same shit said about mountainbikers 30 years ago.