Quantcast

•○●toosday gfmt●○•

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Does anyone else have or work with students? We have a few to help us with the work load, but man the hand holding that is required to walk them through some basic stuff is.....getting to be a bit rediculous.

I assign one guy a task and he responds with, and I quote, "Sorry I don't know anything about xxxxx." I mean really? Learn about it! What the heck do you think the rest of us did?

/rant

I guess I should poop now.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So I took an old Remington trimmer apart because it was taking 2 days to charge the damn thing long enough to use it for 5 minutes... and those motherfuckers simply *soldered* a rechargeable AA battery in there.

I mean, FFS.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So I took an old Remington trimmer apart because it was taking 2 days to charge the damn thing long enough to use it for 5 minutes... and those motherfuckers simply *soldered* a rechargeable AA battery in there.

I mean, FFS.

why are you complaining? Should be easy to solder in a new one.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I "rode" in another day. Headlight on, in the dark, very cold first 5 minutes. Definitely did not get my clothing right for 27 mph + high 30s Freedoms.

Kind of a visual mess with the threading but if you pore through it good stuff is in there. Inigo is a coach for Team UAE, as in the two time TdF winner. Alan is a coach up in Boulder for mainly Ironman athletes these days.

Both argue that zone 2 != zone 3 in terms of benefits based off of their own data, with the benefit coming from lots of high zone 1/low-mid zone 2 time. Alan likes to dig up all sorts of historical examples of distance athletes who do most of their training hours at 75% HR or below, in keeping with this.
Good advice if you are at risk for overtraining, which is a risk if you are a noob or putting in 20+ hours a week. Not so much if you are a weekend warrior or ebiker.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That's what I'm going to do... but for fuck's sake - if you're going to design it around a AA battery form-factor, go the extra .004 inches and make it easily replicable.

I know... too much to ask. :disgust:

But then people will buy a new battery instead of a new shaver.

You may have come across the concept of "maximized profits"?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
:wave:

I has a bit of the sads this morning. Deer got hit in front of the house last night and it was clearly badly injured. Called the police but they told me there was nothing they could do. It stumbled away after 10 or so minutes, but probably just so that it could die in the woods. Unfortunately, we live on a major road too, so its not like I could covertly do it myself either. Poor deer.
Watched a guy put a deer out of its misery this summer with a framing hammer after it got smashed buy a 300 lbs biker (wearing a gang cut). Typical morning in Oregon.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Good advice if you are at risk for overtraining, which is a risk if you are a noob or putting in 20+ hours a week. Not so much if you are a weekend warrior or ebiker.
This assumes that zone 3 has the same benefits as zone 2 just with more grind/fatigue. They say it doesn't.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Kind of a visual mess with the threading but if you pore through it good stuff is in there. Inigo is a coach for Team UAE, as in the two time TdF winner. Alan is a coach up in Boulder for mainly Ironman athletes these days.

Both argue that zone 2 != zone 3 in terms of benefits based off of their own data, with the benefit coming from lots of high zone 1/low-mid zone 2 time. Alan likes to dig up all sorts of historical examples of distance athletes who do most of their training hours at 75% HR or below, in keeping with this.
pikachuface.jpg that 4/5 dentists agree that zone 3 does not equal zone 2. I appreciate the thread and the info, but I thought you were saying to avoid zone 3 altogether, not to avoid it for base building. I am trying to push aerobic threshold right now, which makes a lot of sense to spend some time in z3 and z4. It's kicking my ass and I'm having fun. Still butthurt about not being able to complete the z4/5 death march.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wife tracked down the source of the mystery TV delivery. Apparently a b-day present for her (kinda early)... her mom said she didn't even show it being shipped yet, so she's expecting us to receive ANOTHER giant TV at some point in the next couple weeks. :disgust:

If'n this all happens, @Nick, you may be gettin' a new TV! :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
pikachuface.jpg that 4/5 dentists agree that zone 3 does not equal zone 2. I appreciate the thread and the info, but I thought you were saying to avoid zone 3 altogether, not to avoid it for base building. I am trying to push aerobic threshold right now, which makes a lot of sense to spend some time in z3 and z4. It's kicking my ass and I'm having fun. Still butthurt about not being able to complete the z4/5 death march.
What I gathered from them and what I do is indeed to avoid zone 3 altogether. Base in zones 1 and 2. Intervals in zones 4-7. No time grinding in 3.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the daily thread is what the daily thread is

AND TODAY IT IS POWER ZONES AW YISS

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Wife tracked down the source of the mystery TV delivery. Apparently a b-day present for her (kinda early)... her mom said she didn't even show it being shipped yet, so she's expecting us to receive ANOTHER giant TV at some point in the next couple weeks. :disgust:

If'n this all happens, @Nick, you may be gettin' a new TV! :D
HBD Mrs. Shtles, and I strongly approve of this message!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
WTH SS, I still have a Chromecast sitting here next to me I promised you months ago and then you just up and promise to give the TV to Nick

:p

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
that reminds me - need to find some expresso KBS on the way home . . .
You know it my friend! I have been buying up bourbon barrel stouts over the summer as I have come across some so I have a good stash for this winter. They are best after a Saturday fall/winter mtb ride.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Happy all worked out in the end. Harry deserves some beers, he did all the work. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: He'll happily drink 'em. :D
Already covered! After he quoted me the price of packaging and shipping, I added some beer money to the sum before the bank transfer. :-) And I hope that your other buddy that picked the bike up negotiated his beer money with the seller, at least that was what the three of us agreed on over the phone. ;)
So technically you are the only one not covered yet. :D

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Look what just landed at my doorstep.
Thanks to @Flo33 and his awesome bunch of friends for helping getting the transaction and shipping organized (stupid seller didn't want to ship). I owe you one! :cheers:
See if you can spot what is different @ianjenn @buckoW :clue:

View attachment 166245
Where are you going to ride this beast? I wish I still had my Sunday but ran out of room in NYC so I had to sell it. It would have been fun to take it to Sweden a couple of time a year.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Where are you going to ride this beast? I wish I still had my Sunday but ran out of room in NYC so I had to sell it. It would have been fun to take it to Sweden a couple of time a year.
More of a collectors item, but it will get some use. It is a super rare frame.