Quantcast

>>>• day with a W a htiw yad •<<<

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
what a weird title.

cold. rode early at 530 in the cold and dark. It was cold, and dark.

Thinking I might convert my flat bar bar bike to drop bars and commute on it for as long as my toes can stand. I really enjoy it and want something a bit more durable/with wider tires to make that happen.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Quality GMT title.

Closing on current house is at 10. Then I keep packing. Running out of room to put boxes. Kid is home sick, again. It's not possible to get COVID twice in a single month, right? :tinfoil:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's not possible to get COVID twice in a single month, right? :tinfoil:
/Nick intensifies

howdy all. I rode in on the e-cargo bike this morning since I'm slated to pick up kid 3 from gymnastics after I work my shift here. 'tis getting a bit chilly in the mornings.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Slept until my 6:15 alarm woke me, I can't remember the last time that happened.

So close to getting the basement habitable. Paint/caulk crown, steam cleaning a rug, then moving in the couch on Friday. It's been a long time coming.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Got the $printer back from the shop with a nice $2k bill attached to it.

Finally had time to do the 9 bedroom drawers. We've been here two years. :rolleyes:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: playing catch up with work, but things are looking good.
Cool and sunny on the weather front, but will be hot again later.

Gotta start listing a bunch of skis, guitars and guns for sale, and bagging up old clothes to donate. I have entirely too much everything, and I want to really minimize before winter hits.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Crazy good weather here too. In the 70s at this time of year I have never experience. Thanks global warming.

Did my regular schedule Wednesday ride which now sans car includes 1 hour road ride combine to and from the trail. I feel it for sure. Took it a little more chill on the trail today so the ride home was more enjoyable.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Busy; zero fucks given. Boss scheduled 1-1 after a day of onsite meetings yesterday to ask me if I am interviewing. The most direct ask yet. I think he's freaking out now that the reality has set in that plans are refusing to change advisors *again* since they just had advisors swap 6mos ago. All of my plans require a senior advisor, who will need to be taken off other plans, and his plans are refusing to accept new advisors, which means they will likely leave at RFP.

I told him that my priority is the well-being of the girls. So if I was, I wouldn't tell him. If is was and didn't get the job, then I'm a flight risk with no incentive for them to not to try and replace me. If I wasn't, then he knows I'm not willing to push for a higher income, which puts me into the spot of them not being incentivized to pay me more. Neither of which are good for me and the girls. I got the "we're friends" guilt trip bs, which I understand, but the reality is, if he can't get me paid more, my focus is on that.

I also learned a new "I wish I knew this 6mos ago" item for the kart: apparently clutches can be tuned. They are meant to be tuned for peak torque. Her is tuned for 3400rpm; her kart is peaked at 3000rpm. It's enough to somewhat explain the lag of acceleration exiting slow speed corners. So I get to spend the fall/winter testing clutch spring as setups. Yay!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Gawd I love retirement :banana:
finger-flip-off.gif

I also learned a new "I wish I knew this 6mos ago" item for the kart: apparently clutches can be tuned. They are meant to be tuned for peak torque. Her is tuned for 3400rpm; her kart is peaked at 3000rpm. It's enough to somewhat explain the lag of acceleration exiting slow speed corners. So I get to spend the fall/winter testing clutch spring as setups. Yay!
l0HFkA6omUyjVYqw8.gif

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i hope you responded "its just business"
Just shy of it. I told him I know he wouldn't do anything to fuck me over, but I have zero expectations from the company since they've already proven it multiple times over and at the end of the day, dollars are dollars. If I can make 50% more elsewhere because the company won't do it, so be it.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Made many enchiladas for dinner last night, ate many more of them for lunch, why do we not get nap time?

I should retire, too bad North Korea looks like a shithole, I could retire comfortably there. Anybody been to Niger? Seems adorable these days