Quantcast

^✓^ friderp gmt ^✓^

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Related: I seem to have moved on from the Ram Promaster to AWD Ford Transit in my quest for dirtbag camper van.

Random folks I've met have said the Ford has a "better" motor and easier to repair if need be, but I am not a car guy...
Wife and I have been after a Transit to avoid the Merc Diesel.
Agreed, We have arrived at the times that the DEQ/EPA's intrusive arm has overextended the viable use of tier III and tier 4+ diesels hence the resurgence of big liter gas blocks and EV/hybrid options. I have personally rebuilt, tuned, and worked on every brand and model of diesel engines for the last 30 years and they will never be the same. Currently, the cost of gas over diesel is still significantly cheaper than the maintenance and repair of any diesel. For example, the last diesel I built was a 6.0 Ford, it cost me (just in parts) 8 grand to rebuild and bulletproof the block in order to have a reliable truck but, it was rendered offroad only and not legal for street driving via the EPA/DEQ. Jump forward 4 years and the parts used to bulletproof the block are now illegal for any shop to sell let alone stock or have in custody so the retail support has vanished. To give you context, I can replace a complete gas short block in a truck for less than 1800 bucks in a day, versus a minimum of a $7k fix on any diesel or $25k for a block replacement that takes weeks if not months due to inventory.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ah, you want to experience weekend lift lines, too, do ya? <snip> unless you're actually there by then. :D
We're going to make a "liesurely" start of it. So we'll probably leave the house no earlier than 10-ish, all depending on traffic. This gets us to the MJ lot around 11:30, which means we'll find a spot right up front as one of the early-risers leaves at lunch time. :homer:

Way worse, a Mercedes
Potayto, potahto, innit? :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Agreed, We have arrived at the times that the DEQ/EPA's intrusive arm has overextended the viable use of tier III and tier 4+ diesels hence the resurgence of big liter gas blocks and EV/hybrid options. I have personally rebuilt, tuned, and worked on every brand and model of diesel engines for the last 30 years and they will never be the same. Currently, the cost of gas over diesel is still significantly cheaper than the maintenance and repair of any diesel. For example, the last diesel I built was a 6.0 Ford, it cost me (just in parts) 8 grand to rebuild and bulletproof the block in order to have a reliable truck but, it was rendered offroad only and not legal for street driving via the EPA/DEQ. Jump forward 4 years and the parts used to bulletproof the block are now illegal for any shop to sell let alone stock or have in custody so the retail support has vanished. To give you context, I can replace a complete gas short block in a truck for less than 1800 bucks in a day, versus a minimum of a $7k fix on any diesel or $25k for a block replacement that takes weeks if not months due to inventory.
show us on the doll where the EPA hurt your manhood

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
t-70 minutes for departure to one of the bigger nordic skiing meets for U-14s and U-12s in our area, the "Championnats Jeunesse NorAm" in Joliette, QC. It's a 3-day event where all the kids from all the clubs stay together in a school, and race on Sat, Sun, and Monday. This is my oldest's 3rd and final time there (he missed one year caus' of Covid) and my youngests first. Both are nervous for different reasons, but I think they will absolutely love the party atmosphere...

from another club, but the vibe is there:
(our team is in yellow and green [or black and green])

About to start loading the car now...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looking at a firewall and I notice quite a bit of Netflix traffic. Hmm, who is that I wonder? Oh look its the HR manager and also a second person from HR. Slow day in the office, eh?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I love watching a boss rake himself over the coals. In our team meeting, one of the younger guys was running the meeting. A question he asked of the senior guys, specifically to our manager and the guy that got the promotion, was "how would you say you've developed yourself to be a leader over your career and time with the company? Especially [promoted guy], since you just got the leadership role."

The promoted guy kind of threw him under the bus. "Not to take away from Stoney's thunder here, because a lot of my ability to get the promotion was because of what I've learned from him over the last year...". Boss just stammered around how we are all leaders in our own way and... Complete stammering. Everybody who knew that I didn't get the job basically just sat back to watch the show, because he was in a spot where he had to effectively explain to the team why I didn't get the job, without saying names.

I can't wait until I find a new position. Until then, he's now approved 30+ days off this year already without batting an eye - 10 today after that call alone.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Looking at a firewall and I notice quite a bit of Netflix traffic. Hmm, who is that I wonder? Oh look its the HR manager and also a second person from HR. Slow day in the office, eh?
turn their IP connection off for like, 30 seconds.
Would it be possible to send them a pop up window that says "God sees you masturbating on company time" ?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I love watching a boss rake himself over the coals. In our team meeting, one of the younger guys was running the meeting. A question he asked of the senior guys, specifically to our manager and the guy that got the promotion, was "how would you say you've developed yourself to be a leader over your career and time with the company? Especially [promoted guy], since you just got the leadership role."

The promoted guy kind of threw him under the bus. "Not to take away from Stoney's thunder here, because a lot of my ability to get the promotion was because of what I've learned from him over the last year...". Boss just stammered around how we are all leaders in our own way and... Complete stammering. Everybody who knew that I didn't get the job basically just sat back to watch the show, because he was in a spot where he had to effectively explain to the team why I didn't get the job, without saying names.

I can't wait until I find a new position. Until then, he's now approved 30+ days off this year already without batting an eye - 10 today after that call alone.
you should stop complying with the dress code gradually to see if they say anything

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Would it be possible to send them a pop up window that says "God sees you masturbating on company time" ?
Anything is possible :brows:

But really unless we find someone is breaking a company policy or being a security risk, I never say anything. Its not my business and heck, I wouldn't want someone else counting how many clicks I make on Teh Monkey daily.

But yeah, I don't connect my cell phone to the guest network at work for a reason. :busted:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you should stop complying with the dress code gradually to see if they say anything
I was in a hoody and flat billed hat today (the team hat; not my preferred). It was referred to as my Friday gear for the young ones.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Sorry for your issues @Jozz. Hopefully you get it sorted and it’s something like a loose turbo hose or something easy. This reminds I need to change the oil in the Transit. Guess I’ll do that tmw. I need to get oil and a filter, which means a trip to Wal-Mart…Oof.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Some folks in our neighborhood have a festive inflatable something to celebrate a given holiday. But one brave soul has a festive wolf man. If you live outside the HOA, all bets are off.

PXL_20240223_004652684.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
what a fucked up day. System went down at a dialysis center and they had to turn everyone away. that was 70% of my transports. Then traffic went to hell and other Dialysis centers were short staffed and running 30 minutes to an hour late so it put my guys behind schedule. That meant that I got to play Ricky Rescue and go pick up stranded clients and instead of working 0630 to 1430 i was out until 1700 and drove over 300 miles instead of 100 Kill me nao.

at least I had another round of Beer and falafel waiting at home