Quantcast

2 non riding pictures from last week

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Yeah they are cool? what was I looking at in that one picture, after we finished shuttling. What is the deal with your camera... getting a new one?

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Curiouscaptian01 said:
Yeah they are cool? what was I looking at in that one picture, after we finished shuttling. What is the deal with your camera... getting a new one?

I can't tell what you are looking at, but this one is better anyway. As for the camera, I don't know, mine was working when I went out to shoot lightning a few minutes ago, but its real finicky lately, I still want a new one.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
nice pics. i'd like to see more of the scene tho without losing the focus. imo landscapes are about taking in a wide angle without clutter/while still keeping the composition clean.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
The Kadvang said:
Nice. BTW, what kind of camera do you have?

I have a potentially broken Panasonic fz10. Its a good camera, but I feel like I have reached some limits of it, so I am saving for a Nikon d70.

Thanks for the advice Toshi, I feel like if I included much more, it would seem kind of cluttered, this area is really dense and I feel like it would end up being a creek with lots of busy leaf matter going on.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
fair enough. some people disagree with me strongly and take their "landscapes" with long glass...

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
T-Pirate said:
I have a potentially broken Panasonic fz10. Its a good camera, but I feel like I have reached some limits of it, so I am saving for a Nikon d70.

I picked up a D70 about 2 weeks after they were released and I have to say it's worth saving the pennys for. :D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Zaskar Rider said:
I picked up a D70 about 2 weeks after they were released and I have to say it's worth saving the pennys for. :D
Is $1299.95 a good price to pay for a D70 with a 18-70mm DX Zoom Nikkor Lens...?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
T-Pirate said:
Yes, thats about as good as you will get. There are some places cheaper but they are probably rip offs, like with no manuals or warranties.

That's B&H's advertised price... if'n ya just want the camera body then one can be had for $999.95 ...

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
if your camera was feeling a little better last weekend we could of gotten a few funny shots of us blowing up stuff...

...and my brother stomping on the burning white lightning bottle (bad idea :nopity: ) :nuts: