Quantcast

2022 Racing/Team Rumors

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Neko told me he will have “a batch” of new frames ready for Lourdes. Finger is getting plated in Florida today. Fella ran around all weekend making sure everyone was having a great time at the race. what a champ

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Surprised Bernard Kerr wasn't more effed up from his crash in the Chile urban DH yesterday. It was an ugly crash.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Good stuff as usual from Neko! O-chain FTW?

Interesting decision to use hardware from the Transition Spire. I have one of those frames and the hardware is literally the biggest issue with it. Transition has been replacing horst pivot and shock flip chip hardware for being out of spec. It is for sure the cheapest hardware I have seen on a "nice" bike.....crappy asian bargain bolts. :think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So if Vital isn't doing its slideshows anymore, who is buying Sven's photos these days? Saw him out on track in one of the track walk videos, but didn't see any of his photos on Pinkbike (or Vital). Boris either. Must be meager times for the photo boys these days, which is too bad because a) their photos were sick and b) they brought lots of enthusiasm and energy to the race coverage, not to mention background and context...

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
They shoot for all the brands. The Vital slideshows were a side hustle, more or less. Gonna miss them though, especially the interviews.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
  • Is Sam Blenkinsop done racing World Cups? That winning run of his in Schladming in 2008 when he was 18 is top-10 all-time for me.
  • Is Ethan Shandro done racing? He was on a tear three years ago until that concussion.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
So if Vital isn't doing its slideshows anymore, who is buying Sven's photos these days? Saw him out on track in one of the track walk videos, but didn't see any of his photos on Pinkbike (or Vital). Boris either. Must be meager times for the photo boys these days, which is too bad because a) their photos were sick and b) they brought lots of enthusiasm and energy to the race coverage, not to mention background and context...
Here are Boris and Svens photos and interviews. https://misspentsummers.com/lourdes-dh-world-cup-2022-zine-report-with-photos-by-sven-martin-boris-beyer-and-sebastian-schieck/

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
The brands are the ones paying all the money now they always were, just need to hustle a lot harder than you use too

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
misspentsummer.com must be the "why don't we make our own website with our own content" thing from all the photogs. And I like it. Maybe they should advertise on Pinkbike.... :D

Mick Hanna riding for Yeti? Check out his "Team". 4th place in the Sea Pig DH!

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
No Kenda tire, still a flat. :rofl:
It sounded like he took inserts out for more compliance but was still running 25/30 psi, then cracked a rim on a rock that he couldn't see and slowly lost pressure.

Cathro also said that what he saw happening was by the start of qualis, parts of the fresh gravel up top had gotten worn down in the line everyone was taking in practice, exposing rocks. Same story with that flat rock in the corner before the road gap. He said the bigger teams had people telling them about these so the elite riders could adjust.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Track must have blown up by race day. I can't recall ever seeing so many flats or lost chains. Wyn said it was the roughest Ft Bill race he'd ever been to and he's been going there a pretty long time...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Mik was riding for Yeti pretty much imediately after anouncing his retirement.
Raced for Yeti at Sea Otter on a normy bike I fink

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
It sounded like he took inserts out for more compliance but was still running 25/30 psi, then cracked a rim on a rock that he couldn't see and slowly lost pressure.

Cathro also said that what he saw happening was by the start of qualis, parts of the fresh gravel up top had gotten worn down in the line everyone was taking in practice, exposing rocks. Same story with that flat rock in the corner before the road gap. He said the bigger teams had people telling them about these so the elite riders could adjust.
User error then.