Quantcast

4th of July,Diablo,and the Groundskeeper

Gk. Willie

Chimp
May 24, 2004
Rochester, NY
So who"s in for a weekend of getting DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eviltongu @ the Diablo Freeride Park they put in @ Mt. Creek. Willies gonna be there Fri-Sun camping, might bring the Grommets take 'em for a real ride. It should be a Thurs. nite reunion. Call Stuntmatty for my number or PM me. Everyone including Canadians are welcome to come :evil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Gk. Willie said:
So who"s in for a weekend of getting DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eviltongu @ the Diablo Freeride Park they put in @ Mt. Creek. Willies gonna be there Fri-Sun camping, might bring the Grommets take 'em for a real ride. It should be a Thurs. nite reunion. Call Stuntmatty for my number or PM me. Everyone including Canadians are welcome to come :evil:
I have a huge kick arse party the 3rd and you are more than welcome to come. People are camping out too and I have 2 bands playing. I live 45min from Mtn Creek.

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
Dammit I'm working that entire long weekend! :mumble: Chris you'll have to let me know how it is and maybe I can get there Labor Day Weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtbkngrl said:
Dammit I'm working that entire long weekend! :mumble: Chris you'll have to let me know how it is and maybe I can get there Labor Day Weekend.
Damn I won't be around that weekend.

Gk. Willie

Chimp
May 24, 2004
Rochester, NY
It's so on. I'm probably heading out Fri. after work so I can wake up there and ride all day Sat. followed promptly with a gallon of Captain to nurse my bones. If I haven't broken myself by sunday I plan on doin it all over again. That party sounds pretty chill to, might have to hit that up. Are you going to ride with us Stosh?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Gk. Willie said:
It's so on. I'm probably heading out Fri. after work so I can wake up there and ride all day Sat. followed promptly with a gallon of Captain to nurse my bones. If I haven't broken myself by sunday I plan on doin it all over again. That party sounds pretty chill to, might have to hit that up. Are you going to ride with us Stosh?
I probably won't have time Saturday seeing as how I'll be setting up the party and than on Sunday I'm sure I'll be way to hungover to ride and I have to spend the day cleaning up.

Gk. Willie

Chimp
May 24, 2004
Rochester, NY
Dirtmerchant:
The Drive Is 5 hrs give or take. You and your partner should both come I was hoping you would see the invite. You and me will definetly be riding the lifts together...........

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
Gk. Willie said:
Dirtmerchant:
The Drive Is 5 hrs give or take. You and your partner should both come I was hoping you would see the invite. You and me will definetly be riding the lifts together...........
Can't make it for the Fourth, we have a party and fireworks, etc.
Was thinking actually of a Platty trip, but is it worth it to go to Diablo
instead? Gimme a yell, I wanna check out your trails.....
Also, StuntMatty: Mike asked me to ask you to give him a shout,
if you still have his #.

Gk. Willie

Chimp
May 24, 2004
Rochester, NY
My understanding is the same people who built whistler were involved with building Diablo, theres supposed to be tons of skinnies and drops and nice dirt jumps. Its pretty much the same mountain range as plattekill so I assume its the same terrain

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
Gk. Willie said:
My understanding is the same people who built whistler were involved with building Diablo, theres supposed to be tons of skinnies and drops and nice dirt jumps. Its pretty much the same mountain range as plattekill so I assume its the same terrain
That's not really what Matt said, I thought he said what you saw in
the magazine ad is practically all there is; and it's really wide. And for
what it's worth, Whistler was fun, but not THAT great! Maybe this year
when they open the top half, it'll be better. We left early and went back to The Shore!
Splattekill will probably be next for Ted and I. BTW, we went there right
after we got back from Vancouver, and can honestly say I like it as much
as out West!

Gk. Willie

Chimp
May 24, 2004
Rochester, NY
Go to the MOuntain creek website and look at the gallery it looks sick. Besides Matt went to Snowshoe not Diablo. I dont know anyone whos been so I'm goin investigating. Ive always been of the opinion Plattekill was as good as anything around, but Ive been there and done that so It's all about whats next.

On a side note I just explored this rock quarry behind my house. Easily 50 drops rangeing from 5 -20 ft. Who needs Tryon thats my new home. I'm going to host a ride at my house in 2 Thursdays.

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
"I'm going to host a ride at my house in 2 Thursdays."
Cool! Call me, or post here maybe. PM maybe? You are right,
I haven't heard anything about Diablo, I was thinking of Snowshoe.
I'll look at the sight right now. I know what you mean 'bout Platty,
but camping there is cool.....
Also, it's tough with kids to get out much. What about the weekend
after next, for NJ? We can prolly' both make it then.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
GiantDHRider said:
diablo was off the hook today! new terrain every time i go
Just what I want to hear!!!!! Thanks GiantDHRider.

GK Willie, If I don't get a chance to talk with you this week, I will be seeing you down at Diablo for sure. I need to get some extra hours at work so I can finish my floating rear brake for the Lenz :devil:

Gk. Willie

Chimp
May 24, 2004
Rochester, NY
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Ralph call me, pass around the number.... So what is everybodys plan, is it pretty close to mine? GiantDh Ill be on a Red Dare w/888 sportin fox gear, if you see me grab me. I want someone who knows the place to show me whats up. I'll hit anything once usually twice. I want to hit the monster air dirtjumps in the website gallery :eviltongu
We dont have anything like that around here

ell bee

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Olean, NY
Instigator and I plan to leave here Thursday around noon, if I can get him to wake up after working all night. Probably won't really ride Thursday, or just a light cross country. I'm really looking forward to it, as I went to White Face with the jackalopes last year and had only been off road twice and was in POOR condition. I feel a bit more ready and hope Ralph will push me to do some stuff he's knows is a bit beyond my current limitations. Can't wait to meet some other monkeys!! See you there!

ell bee

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Olean, NY
By the way, Instigator and I will be staying at Beaverhill Campground. Eastcoastzigzag says it's "wicked close" to the park and he may be dropping in to ride with us too.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
ell bee said:
I feel a bit more ready and hope Ralph will push me to do some stuff he's knows is a bit beyond my current limitations.

I will take her to the top of the biggest hill, go to the edge of the steepest part and push :devil:

I am a dead man :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Not sure yet...might be camping w/Instigator but it depends on the weather. Will you be joining us as well?
What days are you going for?
Where are you camping?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
What days are you going for?
Where are you camping?
I think we'll be getting there on Friday afternoon (early hopefully) and will ride Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday (if the weather is good) and come home either Sunday night or Monday morning.

I think Instigator said that he had a campsite reserved nearby...I think it was called Beaverhill Campground. We haven't really finalized anything yet...just heard the name "Diablo" and decided we must hit it! :sneaky:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
I think we'll be getting there on Friday afternoon (early hopefully) and will ride Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday (if the weather is good) and come home either Sunday night or Monday morning.

I think Instigator said that he had a campsite reserved nearby...I think it was called Beaverhill Campground. We haven't really finalized anything yet...just heard the name "Diablo" and decided we must hit it! :sneaky:
Ok listen let me know when exactly you are going down Friday. Maybe I can squeeze a ride in after work. I work 15min from Diablo. Here's the thing I'm having my yearly huge a$$ party Saturday so that day is shot and most of Sunday will be as well.

I could meet you for lunch on your way down on Friday too maybe. You should pass right by my job.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
Ok listen let me know when exactly you are going down Friday. Maybe I can squeeze a ride in after work. I work 15min from Diablo. Here's the thing I'm having my yearly huge a$$ party Saturday so that day is shot and most of Sunday will be as well.

I could meet you for lunch on your way down on Friday too maybe. You should pass right by my job.
:thumb: Sounds like a plan. I will let you know when we finalize some plans. By the way, I think you might be coming down with something...you might just have to call in sick or something :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
:thumb: Sounds like a plan. I will let you know when we finalize some plans. By the way, I think you might be coming down with something...you might just have to call in sick or something :devil:
Bwahhhhhhhh yeah... it's that time of year. Calling in sick to my job blows because there is only 5 of us so you always get the 3rd degree when you come in the next day. I work with a bunch of hypocondriacs(sp?) so they always want to know what you have.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
:eek: only 1 keg...I can't imagine how badly I would get beaten down if I only got 1 keg for deck party :( ;)
Yeah well I got like 5 coolers I'm going to fill with bottles. Plus I have a 4X8 stainless steel table like ones you see seafood presented in at a supermarket with ice in them. I have one of thoes I fill with bottles.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
Yeah well I got like 5 coolers I'm going to fill with bottles. Plus I have a 4X8 stainless steel table like ones you see seafood presented in at a supermarket with ice in them. I have one of thoes I fill with bottles.
phew...I was worried for you ;)