Quantcast

..and now Equal Time for the Ladies..!!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
'BABY TAKE IT OFF'
NYPost.com | 1 Jul | FARRAH WEINSTEIN

WOULD you take your clothes off for this woman? Dozens of drunken college men did - on camera - and now they're appearing in the first ever "Guys Gone Wild" DVD.

In the bawdy video, on sale July 13, producer Misty Nicole uses her good looks and sexy voice to charm men out of their clothing - and into performing outrageous stunts they probably now regret.

"It's like 'Jackass' but with naked frat boys," says Nicole, a 24-year-old Texas native who now lives in West L.A. "I would find the craziest group of guys, take my camera and start to film them."

It's the female answer to "Girls Gone Wild," the $100-million-selling DVD series that has college girls all over the country lifting their tops for the cameras - and men everywhere emptying their wallets to see them.

With his latest release, "Girls Gone Wild" mogul Joe Francis is hoping to cash in on a new cultural phenomenon: the full monty.

"Since the birth of 'Girls Gone Wild' seven years ago, people have been asking 'Why isn't there a ''Guys Gone Wild?,"''' Francis told The Post.

"While I've always realized there is a market for 'Guys Gone Wild,' I just couldn't bring myself to sit and edit footage of naked guys. No offense. Luckily, over the past year I've hired a team that I trust to produce, market and distribute this product from beginning to end."

Francis, notorious for flying celebrities like Ashton Kutcher, Paris Hilton and Luke Wilson all over in his private jet, is in the process of doing a "Hooters"-style restaurant chain, has an apparel line and just released a "Girls Gone Wild" CD with Jive records.

It's also a running joke among celebrities. Jennifer Aniston gave Brad Pitt a set of "Girls Gone Wild'' DVDs for their second anniversary, and Pitt has been caught wearing a "Girls Gone Wild" trucker hat.

So when Nicole heard through the out-of-work-actress grapevine that a male version was looking for a producer, she knew it was a chance to make a splash.

With three other camera girls, the former waitress set out for South Padre Island and Cancun, Mexico during Spring Break 2004, where they set up big "Guys Gone Wild" banners outside nightclubs like Tequila Frogs and La Boom.

She followed the original's formula by flattering and flirting with the guys. But she and her team weren't content simply to have her subjects flash - they also do cartwheels, back-bends, one-handed push-ups and splits.

There was one occupational hazard. "They were asking me out on dates, trying to get me involved and grab my camera," she said. "That was the most annoying part of the job. It's flattering, but after you go over it a million times it gets annoying."

At a screening sponsored by The Post Tuesday night at Bogart's bar in Midtown, more than a dozen women screamed, laughed and covered their eyes at times. Mindy Lyons, a 26-year-old TV producer from the West Village, sat glued to her seat.

"I'm mesmerized," she said. "It's a sociological dissection. Why would someone actually subject themselves to this and why would they show off their hairy butts when they're not that cute?"

Bill Horn, VP of communications at Francis' Mantra Entertainment, said the new release is meant as much to entertain as to titillate.

"Younger women have a different view of sex and sexuality - it's a little bit more open and playful," he said. "They've also grown up in the era of 'Girls Gone Wild,' and what's good for the goose is good for the gander."

So says Sasha Ellard, a 30-year-old West Village cocktail waitress who previewed the tape for The Post.

"I really like it," she said. "Why not let us take a peek at what the men have under their clothes? They're working out to make their bodies hard, so why not? Girls, boys, everyone should go wild."