Quantcast

Any Formula 1 Fans?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
hitting the top of her head at 171 mph and not dying is insane. hopefully what the driver she hit said about being a sudden, random yellow, wasnt true.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Excited to see week two of pre-season underway and trying to guess the form of each team. Only a couple of weeks until the season opener in Australia.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
And the kid proves just how good Hamilton's Mercedes really is.

This was a great race.
Agreed, couldn't believe when he got the puncture and dropped down to ~15th. I thought he'd even miss out on his first points, so at least he fought back to 9th.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Agreed, couldn't believe when he got the puncture and dropped down to ~15th. I thought he'd even miss out on his first points, so at least he fought back to 9th.
He also got a point for fastest lap, I think, of which he ran several on the tear up to the front after that awful pit and tire fiasco.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Unbelievable performance by Russell in a car that doesn't fit him. Sure, it's the fastest car (no one can deny that) but watching him stomp though the field after the pitstop mess and then again after the puncture was something else.

I'm sure that some at Merc are asking "How much are we paying Hamilton?". I'm also pretty sure that Valterri is one nervous guy right about now.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Unbelievable performance by Russell in a car that doesn't fit him (he was actually icing down his shoulders at one point during the weekend). Sure, it's the fastest car (no one can deny that) but watching him stomp though the field after the pitstop mess and then again after the puncture was something else.

I'm sure that some at Merc are asking "How much are we paying Hamilton?". I'm also pretty sure that Valterri is one nervous guy right about now.
It's a shame that Russel will likely be back in a Williams next year, rather than something competitive.

It would be great to see some more competition at the front of the grid. I think next year will likely be similar to this from a constructors standpoint with the rules change being delayed due to COVID and current Ferrari engines running like 2-strokes.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
It's a shame that Russel will likely be back in a Williams next year, rather than something competitive.

It would be great to see some more competition at the front of the grid. I think next year will likely be similar to this from a constructors standpoint with the rules change being delayed due to COVID and current Ferrari engines running like 2-strokes.
Completely agree. I don't think it will happen next year but I'd like to see him at Merc and giving Hamilton a fight - and we know how much he doesn't like that (Rosberg?). I'd also like to see Perez at RB as I think he'd be able to give Verstappen a fight - and he seems like he'd like a fight. That might spice up the front of the grid...?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This should be a good watch again. I didn't think there would be a season for last year.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
This should be a good watch again. I didn't think there would be a season for last year.

Excited for this as well. Like you, I wasn’t sure if they could pull it off, but was pretty happy when my wife showed me that they did.

I also dropped the coin for a 1 year subscription to the official F1 app on Roku, which has lots of features including live radio feeds from all teams. It will be interesting to see how that works. You can also watch most of the races going back to the early ’80’s, which is great when there’s nothing on. You might want to check it out if you haven’t already.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Seriously, that kid in the McLaren is killing it. Lando taking p2 in a car that is maybe 5th fastest on the grid. Skills.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah, Bottas has been in that Mercedes for long enough without achieving enough. Giving Russell a full season would be good to see.
Talk about dudes out qualifying their teammate, Russell is crushing his and half the field in that weak ass car. Look what he did in a car he didn't fit in. He will be crushing in a top ride.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell, tomorrow will be awesome. This track is nutty and fast. Perez got cut in Q1, so Max is all by himself up front except for Gasley in P4.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Max dominated that race. Also, there should be some kind of a drinking game where you have to take a drink every time Lewis complains about his tires.