Quantcast

Anyone into Modern furniture & design..?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It hs been raining everyday for 4 weeks so we decided to do a lil' window shopping Sat.... so...

I bought a splitback sofa, lounge chairs, cocktail table and breakfast group Saturday for a new house I'm building for myself and Miz N8. Most of the pieces were reasonably priced and came from Comfort Designs out of PA...

We like the ultra cool stylings of today's modern furniture designers...

There is some really fun stuff out there...

The sofa (but not in this color)

Breakfast chairs

Barstools

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
There is a lot of furniture choices out there. I'm not huge into it but we have to have a good eye because we pick out stuff for buildings and homes sometimes to match our design.

Personally I'm not a fan of "modern" or "contemporary" furniture because like wood paneling it goes out of style to quick.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
The chairs are very cool! The bar stools in particular! The couch, eh, looks good but fails the Nappability test that is more important

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
The chairs are very cool! The bar stools in particular! The couch, eh, looks good but fails the Nappability test that is more important
Exactly! Thats the first thing I look for.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
These pieces are part of the "Martini Lounge" theme that we came up with just for fun. The interior walls are going to be a fun green color and the oak kitchen cabinets will be stained that dark java/black as seen on the wood backs of that chair and stool...

We usually change houses after 3-5 years so if we get tired of it then we'll sell it and start over...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
No offense man, but if your just looking for something for your living room (you know, the room you never go in) then it's fine. Although the couch looks cool, it's looks about as comfortable as a cement bed at an Iraqi prison camp. To each his own though. Good luck with the crib. I bought one of those huge ass L couches, except mine is kinda like a U rather and an L, well it's a bigger L and as comfy as a bastid. 54" TV, 700W Sony surround sound with REAL speakers, not those wimpy 4" ones, 12" 200W sub, mini fridge, 3 internet jacks with one desktop pc. BOOM BOOM ROOM YO.
I wont tell ya's what the hook in the ceiling is for, but I will tell you it's will hold 300lbs :D
Knuckle

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Knuckleslammer said:
No offense man, but if your just looking for something for your living room (you know, the room you never go in) then it's fine. Although the couch looks cool, it's looks about as comfortable as a cement bed at an Iraqi prison camp. To each his own though. Good luck with the crib. I bought one of those huge ass L couches, except mine is kinda like a U rather and an L, well it's a bigger L and as comfy as a bastid. 54" TV, 700W Sony surround sound with REAL speakers, not those wimpy 4" ones, 12" 200W sub, mini fridge, 3 internet jacks with one desktop pc. BOOM BOOM ROOM YO.
I wont tell ya's what the hook in the ceiling is for, but I will tell you it's will hold 300lbs :D
Knuckle
Ah... for my 'media' room in the house I'm currently designing to build for next year (in the attic space above a 3 car garage; I've got a 10/12 slope on the roof) I've going for one of those cool retro sectionals that looks like something outta the Jetsons... Miz N8 likes the look and I've convinced her that only a 52+ inch plasma will fit the decor...

:p

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Knuckleslammer said:
Be careful with plasma man. I don't know anything about it, but I've heard it's too new and the technology isn't up to par yet. Unless you have 8k per year to buy a new one. :D

Knuck
More like every 7 years... at least that's what the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab told my g/f... :think: