Quantcast

Bike frames from China

B1105

Chimp
Dec 22, 2003
Hey guys,
I've recently been interest in importing a few trials frame from China from some company. In doing so, I stumbled upon some frames that look very similar to those of like VooDoo, DMR and like Planet X. The company does say that they do distribue to those companies listed and QBP(Surly). My question is, for these companies to be a "brand", can they just import these frames from china and slap a sticker with their name on it? Do you need actually have a company to do this, or can anyone do it? Sorry if I sound all noobish, I'm just kinda curious as to how it all works.

Thanks

Byron

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
when you say "they do distribue to those companies", do you mean they manufacture them? Cuz distribution is a seperate topic.

I know nothing about those bikes in particular, but any company can outsource production of their products to anyone they want. If said company wants to maintain a good reputation, they'll oversee production to make sure the quality is there.

Some manufacturers in China will "steal" the designs they've been given to produce and produce a lower quality version to sell on their own.

B1105

Chimp
Dec 22, 2003
I belive they manufacture for those companies, and then those companies re-sell to consumers. Sorry, I did not word it coherently. So, can anyone jsut slap on a label, and claim to sell it under that "company"?