Quantcast

Cell phones

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
they all suck. i'm told verizon sucks the least and nationwide gets the best reception, but they're a little more expensive because of that. in your area there might be a better company (i.e. cingular, sprint, att, nextel).

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
ATT Wireless gets the most complaints, but they do have a modern network that Singulair and I think Verizon share. I used to work at ATTWS.

Qwest has crappy phones but good service plans and coverage, and they use the Sprint network for national coverage. I sue them for my personal phone.

I have a Nextel at work and with the radio feature it is pretty neat, but they are way expensive.

I don't know much about the rest.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
MY first one was with ATT... it was OK

Then I got Sprint... cried about hat until the day I dumped them and destroyed the phone.

Now I have Cingular - they are Ok but they screw up the billing once ina while.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I live in the middle of nowhere and I get good service/reception with Cingular. I have been with them for 3 years now and will continue with them until the Nextel stuff gets less expensive.

With my plan, I have free nights & weekends (starting at 7pm) and nationwide calling without roaming charges and tons of rollover minutes (I think it 850) for $50/month.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Everyone I know who has/had Sprint hates/hated it, but everyone I know who has Verizon (incl me) likes it.
Sprint KILLS you on roming charges.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Repack said:
Everyone I know who has/had Sprint hates/hated it, but everyone I know who has Verizon (incl me) likes it.
Sprint KILLS you on roming charges.
out east i get good reception with sprint. almost equal to verizon. but i'm in cali for the summer and reception is crappy here. it is true though that everyone with verizon seems to be happy with it. i don't think i hate sprint any more than anyone hates their cell company.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Sprint is the transvestite-satan of cell phones.

T-Mobile is ok, and what i use now, but i want to cancel in hopes of disrupting Jan Ullrich's bid for the le tour win. Im gunna go watch discovery now.