Quantcast

CO Monkeys High Alpine Death March

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Which of you CO monkeys is interested in doing a solid, day long, high alpine epic ride sometime this summer? I'm thinking this won't actually take place until sometime in later July or early August once everything has had a chance to melt out some. Given my n00bie status I'll leave the route suggestions up to those with more knowledge than I.

So who's in? Stoney? Full Trucker? Nick? SkaredShtles? Pesqueeb? Perhaps this would make a good "Welcome to CO!" ride for Toshi. :D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hell yea, I'm in.

Death marching is overrated. (shut up SS, yes it is) How about a day doing all of Monarch Crest? I'd kinda prefer to shuttle and ride Green's AND Fooses Creek off of Monarch?

(this has been lingering at the top of my list for two summers now)

I rode some sections of the Colorado Trail outside of Salida last Summer that were just STELLAR. I'd totally be up for some more exploring of the CT out there, but I don't have an all-day route in mind.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Okay, so it doesn't have to be a death march per se, I just figured that would lure SS in. He seems to thrive on the pain of others.

Monarch was on my list as well. Five star epic if I recall correctly. I like the sounds of that.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ugh. I would take two days to do an all-day ride, and I don't want to hang out with the coyotes at night. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hell yea, I'm in.

Death marching is overrated. (shut up SS, yes it is) How about a day doing all of Monarch Crest? I'd kinda prefer to shuttle and ride Green's AND Fooses Creek off of Monarch?

(this has been lingering at the top of my list for two summers now)
We attempted this last fall. Early fall. Only ended up finishing Agate and Starvation due to troublesome amounts of new snow. Which is a shame because we did all our homework and had all vehicles staged to do Agate/Green's/Fooses. <sigh>

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm realistically out because I don't know when the movers are arriving with my junk. Window is July 5-12. Wife, kid, mother in law fly in July 11 and I start work July 15.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sounds like Nick, Full Trucker, and myself are down. I like where this is going. :thumb: Any date suggestions? I can't do August 9-17 as I'll be moving into the ole house then.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
To the top!

How're things looking up high FT? Getting pretty clear?
Shoot, I never come in this forum... clearly. I rode a bunch of High Country this year, had a good summer. Still some to get here and there but none for me. Definitely gotta PM me on this forum, most of my rides are organized off the public boards.