Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm a couple weeks away from the 6 month pfizer mark. thinking if boosters are around i'll get one. i'm not one to jump lines, but there doesn't seem to be a shortage of supply in my area.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i'm a couple weeks away from the 6 month pfizer mark. thinking if boosters are around i'll get one. i'm not one to jump lines, but there doesn't seem to be a shortage of supply in my area.

Thing were pretty scarce around here, was planning to get my booster up near work where things were a different story but there was a booster only clinic that popped up in downtown Seattle over the weekend. Even had free parking which was nice considering there are only about 5 street parking spots in all of downtown anymore.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thanks, I got the J&J first time around. Need to decide what to get blasted with next.
Supposedly a different flavor booster works better and Moderna produces twice the antibody response than pfizer with an original J&J shot.

It seems like the magic of the Moderna shot really comes from it's higher dosage, so even with the Moderna booster running at a half dose, it has more magic inside than the pfizer shot.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Supposedly a different flavor booster works better and Moderna produces twice the antibody response than pfizer with an original J&J shot.
Most of my colleagues that got Moderna booster shots for their J+J shot had pretty bad side effects, 1-2 days fever, muscle and joint pain, headaches. Also for 2x Moderna more often than not people here had side effects.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Moderna boosters were made available last week while I was backpacking. Going to schedule one for my Mom and hopefully the VA will wrangle the old man for another jab. Then I can get stuck again. Did I mention that I fucking hate needles ? But I hate those who won’t put their big boy pants on and get vaccinated even moar !

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Most of my colleagues that got Moderna booster shots for their J+J shot had pretty bad side effects, 1-2 days fever, muscle and joint pain, headaches. Also for 2x Moderna more often than not people here had side effects.
Standard Moderna shot is 100mg I beleive, booster is only 50 where as each pfizer shot is only 30. I suppose there could be some causation between both its increased effectiveness and side effects. Had this been a normal development cycle I think we would have seen rather different dosing regimens for all of these vaccines. Where as safety was still a primary concern dosing was not optimized and there was a rush to just get something that works on the market.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Mix and match vaccines seems like the move, which sucks because I've been talking all kinds of shit to anybody who got Moderna or J&J, no I mite have to get a Moderna booster? Disgusting.

All you guys talking about gettin this here vaccine. That vaccine is killing people. Be careful taking that stuff.

Heard it's killed more people than Covid has, no really, somebody told me that with a straight face. Tried the 'ol logic on them, I know virtually nobody who doesn't at least know of somebody who died from Covid, I know zero people who have died after taking the vax, didn't work.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
For boosters:

Moderna by a hair over BioNTech/Pfizer. Don’t boost with J and J: besides the limited efficacy also possible risk of sensitizing to the adenovirus vector itself.

/me had 3 shots of BNT and is ok with those data. Also note that the non-immunocompromised Moderna boosters will be a lower dose than the initial ones.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
say what now?

you serious?
It's a thing.

So I should just stick with Moderna, or try a mix-n-match?
I'd stick with Moderna in your shoes.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's a thing.

I'd stick with Moderna in your shoes.
Sorry, I meant has this been shown with the J&J specifically? Or you just saying it's more likely with a non mRNA version?