Quantcast

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Hey now don't sell us short. If 100k deaths were mentioned two years ago, people would have thought that was a bad thing!

We've come a long way

#progress
#yeswecan
Luckily the virus originated in China. Would it come from a muslim country w/o nukes, the US would be at war with this country.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ineligible for booster, just checked.
As long as it's been six months since your last shot, they don't ask any questions. I didn't really think my health issues qualified me (anemia and asthma) but I went per doctor's orders. I went to CVS. All I had to do was show my vax card and they gave me the booster, no questions asked. I don't fault anyone for getting the booster. Lord knows there is enough to go around.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My state has now hit 90% double jabbed and everyone that wants it can get a third shot of their choice early next year.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Rodgers told McAfee he is taking ivermectin on the advice of his new friend, podcaster Joe Rogan (the CDC does not consider ivermectin effective in treating or preventing COVID-19), and that the “woke mob” will be disappointed to hear that after 48 hours, he feels great. I am sincerely glad he feels great, but also: So what? I once felt great just 48 hours after eating at Applebee’s. What does that have to do with anything?

Time to go to Applebee's?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Rodgers told McAfee he is taking ivermectin on the advice of his new friend, podcaster Joe Rogan (the CDC does not consider ivermectin effective in treating or preventing COVID-19), and that the “woke mob” will be disappointed to hear that after 48 hours, he feels great. I am sincerely glad he feels great, but also: So what? I once felt great just 48 hours after eating at Applebee’s. What does that have to do with anything?

The delicious Applebee's irony is that he kept it quiet to avoid attention. Which has backfired gloriously.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
My state has now hit 90% double jabbed and everyone that wants it can get a third shot of their choice early next year.
Quebec is at ~91% with one and 87% with two, of those 12 and over.

Bring on those child shots! Daily infection rates aren’t low enough… 688 tested infections yesterday.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Throw Rogan

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am seeing a lot of COVID tonight

but also a lot of people sick with non-COVID things

in general it is just nutty busy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Hey Guy’s,I only read the last two pages of this thread as I did not know if it would be too much for me. I have a problem,my son,now 33 and his girlfriend 27,refuse to get the shot.They have been together 9 years,they live together as well. My Wife has heart problems and I cannot fuck around taking a chance with Family coming over unless. I have Tried to talk him,he won’t do it. Then I was all excited when figured out how to have them over for ThanksGiving. I said Handsome just take a Test to see if you are clean. He at first said it would be a problem with his girl. Tell her I am calling tomorrow night. When we spoke,she could not give me a reason why? She tried to deflect Pa,It did not work,then my son said He would not take the test as well In the same conversation. That was the last time we have spoke. Mind You,I FaceTime them every night for years. Thoughts are welcome as I am at wits end.
Avy

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hey Guy’s,I only read the last two pages of this thread as I did not know if it would be too much for me. I have a problem,my son,now 33 and his girlfriend 27,refuse to get the shot.They have been together 9 years,they live together as well. My Wife has heart problems and I cannot fuck around taking a chance with Family coming over unless. I have Tried to talk him,he won’t do it. Then I was all excited when figured out how to have them over for ThanksGiving. I said Handsome just take a Test to see if you are clean. He at first said it would be a problem with his girl. Tell her I am calling tomorrow night. When we spoke,she could not give me a reason why? She tried to deflect Pa,It did not work,then my son said He would not take the test as well In the same conversation. That was the last time we have spoke. Mind You,I FaceTime them every night for years. Thoughts are welcome as I am at wits end.
Avy
It sounds like you're experiencing the reverse generational response that most of us are dealing with. Sucks man. But if your son can't respect the risk to your wife (his mom even maybe?) then I know what my take would be. See y'all next year.

Some level of mutual respect has to be there no? @stoney, help plz

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
It sounds like you're experiencing the reverse generational response that most of us are dealing with. Sucks man. But if your son can't respect the risk to your wife (his mom even maybe?) then I know what my take would be. See y'all next year.

Some level of mutual respect has to be there no? @stoney, help plz
Yes it is is his Mother. He keeps saying things like the CVC site even tells you that the numbers of deaths from COVID are wrong. Proving the the numbers are not true. I get Angry,confused on how to get through to him?
Avy

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm dealing with the reverse pretty badly. Up until last year, I talked to my Mom near daily, even if only for 10min and my Dad every weekend. My Dad has been beating the drum that it's fake, that the risk is super low, etc. In July we went to ID to see my grandparents for my Grandpa's 90th bday. (For context, neither of my girls are vaccinated as until last week, they were too young. We've been diligent about wearing masks and only really go without when we're around people who we know are vaccinated. We still wear them even though our county doesn't require it.) Just after we got off the plane my Dad called me to tell me that he wasn't vaccinated. In 40 years, while my Dad and I have had disagreements, we've never really gone "all-in" on a fight. I was yelling at him while we were standing in line at Avis. I don't know if I've ever been that mad at him before or since. We didn't speak a lot during the trip, though I did let me Mom know I was pretty upset with her for not making sure we knew in advance.

That whole shit show was in July. My Mom emailed me about 2 weeks ago asking our plans for Christmas. It was maybe the second time I've heard from them in any form.simce July. I made it damn clear that until he gets or the girls get vaccinated, he's not coming, especially because he refuses to wear a mask in general. She's totally welcome, as she is vaccinated. It took another 8 days to respond to me saying that not getting the vaccination "isn't political; it's about concern regarding efficiency and risk." I still haven't heard back after 5-days when I pointed out that if it was a risk issue, he'd be wearing masks otherwise. Again, I used to talk with her almost daily.

It also makes me furious that his refusal to acknowledge being incorrect is a molehill he's willing to die on. Even if in his head he's figured out that he's wrong, he'll never validate it and get a shot accordingly.

@Avy I go through this whole story because I crossed the threshold of where you are sitting now a few months ago. I finally got to the "tough shit", our priority is under this roof and if you can't accept that then you aren't coming to visit. Tell them it's black or white - test or not coming. It was to be absolutely clear - that if she gets it, she will likely die (sorry to phrase it so harshly). He has to get it through his skull.

I don't know how close you guys are in general, but you might be able to lever that if you are. There are no in betweens with us at this point; I am no longer compromising around the safety of my girls. He has been told as much and my Mom is starting to give him pressure. Tell him it's get it (vaccination or test) or don't come and that is your permanent position. Where does his loyalty lie? To his mom or to political media and what he hears around work? Her life is more important that time spent - end of conversation.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
A couple of potential talking points that may be of use.

As of today, 7.6 billion doses of the vaccines have been given around the world. There is no mass-die off, no epidemic of side effects. The evidence is getting the vaccine is considerably safer than taking a drive on the freeway.

Another, I think, overlooked fact; The MRNA vaccines lose effectiveness against infection from around 90% down to 60% in around 5 months, (Adenovirus based ones drop slower it start from a lower effectiveness so end up about the same, slightly less) hence the desire for third dose boosters.
However, the data worldwide shows that the efficacy against hospitalisation and serious side effects hardly reduces at all, starting in the high 90s two weeks after your second dose and to the latest data available, it stays up in the 90s so long as we have data so far. This is great news that I feel is often missed.

Finally, we’re having the same issues in NZ, albeit thankfully with a smaller sections of the population. Here there has been a strong focus on taking time to listen to and acknowledge people’s concerns and then focussing on giving people access to (other) people they respect to calmly give evidence that will assuage the hesitant’s concerns. This has been working apparently quite well, although it seems to take a lot of energy, and relies on the existance of such an ‘authority’ figure.

So; listen, acknowledge, offer calm rebuttals once you have the opportunity to research them. Try not to get emotional except when you emphasise their selfishness and the impact it is having on you.

Best of luck. Sorry Rupert Murdoch and the right have fucked up your society so bad.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's official, fully vaxed by 1/18/2022 or don't let the door hit you in the ass. New Corp policy.
I'm waiting to see what my AL US HQ decides to do. I know the division that works federal stuff is different. But being Alabama I'm sure there's plenty of personal "research" been done on vaccines versus horse dewormer.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm waiting to see what my AL US HQ decides to do. I know the division that works federal stuff is different. But being Alabama I'm sure there's plenty of personal "research" been done on vaccines versus horse dewormer.
Since we got bought by a HUGE global Corp, I'm not surprised the US locations are following the rules.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we are back in office 60% of the time as of october 4. vaccines mandatory (with exemptions for actual medical conditions). our company has been offering free on-site vaccinations to any employer, contractor or direct family member free of charge for months. i'm directly aware of 2 people that have been terminated because they refused to get vaccinated. one was a PHD in biomechanical engineering whose entire career was based around a single product he developed while here.

note: i work for a medical device company, and not a small one.

note 2: there was a 4 week grace period after the Oct 4 deadline in which you could get/begin your vaccination. the terminations were effective at the end of october

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout