Quantcast

Dakar???

J

JRB

Anyone know the shock length on an 04 Jamis Dakar??? A shop in IL has some comp frames for $400 and experts for $500. I am considering this, but will want to put my swinger on it. Seems like a good deal. Any thoughts??? Anyone got an Iron Horse on the cheap or know where I can get one?

Hugz :love:

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
I think the i to i is like 6.5, its real short.
That's what the swinger is. Tanx

Wumpus - you know I bitch about the top tube. If you think the Salsa is long enough, I will make you a deal. :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I had a dakar for a long time... a 97' Easton model.
It was my first full suspension bike and I still think its the best singletrack bike I have ever ridden. I dented the crap out of the downtube and used that as an excuse to seld it for $$ to use my current bike.

As for the shock length, cant help you there, but I can tell you that you will probably like the Dakar. I also like long top tubes and it was perfect for me in thta respect... just barely shorter than my AC, and thats saying something in an XC bike :D

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
stosh said:
You have a hammer head focker!

He did try to use his head for hammer, but I believe the ground won.

He really does ride a Salsa.

Wumpus, Trailsurfer(mojo), Loco, Garry(Mojo) at Cameron Park, Wacko, TX

J

JRB

It's done - the pic sucks, but the bike is done. Nowhere to ride it, but the bike is done. Likely will hit up some urban this evening.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nice man congrats!

Thats one of my more favorite bikes lately. There is a good local dealer I may buy my next bike thru.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That looks really sharp - do the Dakars still use the horst link? I know the Dakar XLT's don't anymore.

Are you going to put your swinger on it?

J

JRB

MMcG said:
That looks really sharp - do the Dakars still use the horst link? I know the Dakar XLT's don't anymore.

Are you going to put your swinger on it?

Horst link - no. I noticed an 03 that a friend has didn't have the Specialized patent sticker and we wondered if they got in trouble. I may put the swinger on, but I want to try it with the propedal first. I think I need new reducers to use it.

J

JRB

Arsbars said:
Finally someone else other than me viewing Jamis as a great deal, for a great bike

Yeah - it was hard to not buy this frame for $500 with a float rl. Selling my Salsa should come close to evening things out as cheap as it was.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
loco-gringo said:
Horst link - no. I noticed an 03 that a friend has didn't have the Specialized patent sticker and we wondered if they got in trouble. I may put the swinger on, but I want to try it with the propedal first. I think I need new reducers to use it.
I don't think Jamis ever noted the Specialized patent ever. I think I read somewhere where they said the new stable platform shocks eliminated the need for their FSR like design......but methinks that is just a bunch of marketing BS. Perhaps they did get "caught" finally or something.

Either way - your frame looks stealthily sharp.