resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
short film on lookout at desolation peak

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
short film on lookout at desolation peak

Cool. I always think of Desolation Wilderness in CA when I hear that name, it's a big wilderness area off of Highway 50 near South Lake Tahoe.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
old man and his 400 acres of ref wood

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Started watching the HBO documentary on Action Park. I went there a couple times every summer when I was a kid. Brings back so many memories. I think going to that place, and surviving it honestly gave me solid life skills I have used as an adult.

I remember my first time there was with my dad. As we stood in line we would watch people get injured or close to it in various ways, my dad would identify the potential hazards, give me advice on how to avoid them then just give me a push.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I will need to find a way to watch this. The previous journey's they did together were great, I think it was Long Way Round and Long Way Down...

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
6th, yeah, the previous seasons were on Youtube for a while and just got pulled off.

Pardon the reek if this is a dogfood fart of a repost, but the F1 series Drive to Survive on Netflix is excellent. 2 seasons covering the, uh, last 2 seasons.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Pardon the reek if this is a dogfood fart of a repost, but the F1 series Drive to Survive on Netflix is excellent. 2 seasons covering the, uh, last 2 seasons.
Looking forward to Drive to Survive covering this year. Will be interesting to watch the implosion of Ferrari from the inside.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
6th, yeah, the previous seasons were on Youtube for a while and just got pulled off.

I'd have rewatched if I'd have known. I'll hunt to see if I can find them as S might like them. Same for Drive to Survive as we don't have Netflix.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Great look inside the teams. Season 2 covering 2019 is especially poignant given what happened at Monza this past weekend.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Started watching the HBO documentary on Action Park. I went there a couple times every summer when I was a kid. Brings back so many memories. I think going to that place, and surviving it honestly gave me solid life skills I have used as an adult.

I remember my first time there was with my dad. As we stood in line we would watch people get injured or close to it in various ways, my dad would identify the potential hazards, give me advice on how to avoid them then just give me a push.
the hold my beer of waterparks...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Great look inside the teams. Season 2 covering 2019 is especially poignant given what happened at Monza this past weekend.
Binged through S1 and S2 since last weekend, shame there likely won't be an S3 from this year :(

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Operation Odessa was both every bit as insane as I thought it would be, and somehow not even a little bit nuts. Worth watching for sure.

Probably been talked about, but "The Last Dance" gets a solid 2 out of 5 stars from me. It was pretty interesting, but all the jumping around made it hard to follow, maybe not an issue if you were an MJ fan at the time, but made my head spin.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've been eyeballing these as well. They're good you say? I think available on either Prime or Netflix.
Haven't seen Long Way Up, but I've seen the other two. Mildly entertaining, but not mind blowing. 7/10, probably wouldn't watch twice.
I got most of the way back through watching Long Way Round I think a couple left still. Haven't re-watched Long Way Down or seen any of Long Way Up. They're entertaining. My memory from watching long way round originally was that they didn't show enough Canada or Murica...