Quantcast

!!! ednwsday !!! ednesday !!!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Awake too early. Still getting the body clock back to normal after being 7 hours ahead for 10 days.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Fedex status of the 1up shipment is out for delivery, so decided to work from home today. Don't need that rack sitting on the front porch until 8:30pm when we get home.

Ride night, should be good.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Feeling about 90% recovered from the Sunday night vomitfest. It hurts to take a deep breath. ANYWAY, I am in the office this morning but will be leaving early to take the young doggo to the vet. She seems to be having an issue with one of her back paws. I see a cone in her future.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Slept alright. Fell asleep reading the kiddo stories at 8. She has finally given up her nap so bed time is a little easier.

Raining here. We finished planting soybeans last night, so all it needs to do is grow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what had been just general soreness has progressed into actual pain. started in my right knee yesterday, this morning has progressed up to my right hip. can put weight on my right leg, but not quickly. there wasn't a single event that would have triggered the injury, so leading suspect is just overuse. haven't been getting much saddle time on the mtb due to weather (but a decent amount of road biking), so that kind of jives. advil and knee brace today, cyclobenzaprine for bed tonight.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
what did you go with?
I ended up with Conti GP5k 28mm with latex tubes. Bike closet.com had some wicked deals, and for whatever reason they didn't charge me tax. I wanted some weird gucci italian open tubular style high-tpi tires, but honestly the rolling resistance and durability on the contis are the best on the market. The specs on height and width work well too, rather than trying to finagle some weirdness.

Sorry, super long story but I've been wracking my brain around it for too long.

Also, I'm going to have my 1.25" hitch installed. Would love to go 2" but my welder friend said he'd have to re-engineer the brace to lower the receiver, and if he installs it in place I'd have to cut the bumper and I'm just not confident that's the best choice. I'll hopefully get it installed next week then see if the 2" receiver will fit or just order the 1.25 lower.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I ended up with Conti GP5k 28mm with latex tubes. Bike closet.com had some wicked deals, and for whatever reason they didn't charge me tax. I wanted some weird gucci italian open tubular style high-tpi tires, but honestly the rolling resistance and durability on the contis are the best on the market. The specs on height and width work well too, rather than trying to finagle some weirdness.
cool. i got the gp4k 4 seasons in 32mm and have been digging them.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I figure there has to be a reason that there are 2000 reviews on the contis with 4.5 stars, vs. 9 reviews on the Veloflex or Challenge tires....

Tubeless will have to wait for now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Starting the work day from home, dropping off Baby Aya at preschool via e-bike, heading to work to finish out the day. Today is colorectal multidisciplinary conference. Lots of 30something and 40somethings getting colon cancer.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Baby proficiently army crawls now and has a mind for trouble. Busy wrangling her all day.

House is coming along nicely. Guys pulled off all the fascia boards and soffits. Will all be getting replaced and repaired today with PVC. Then it'll be calling in the gutter guys to hang something so I don't continue to get water drips along the sill.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
slogging through work. getting crushed by trying to pull together all the elements of a 350p book with 200 images in a very short window of time. in addition to whatever else i'm supposed to be doing. LE UGH.

but tonight childhood buddy flies in; tomorrow we ride local; and friday up to snowshoe for the weekend. so i've got that going for me...

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Hoping I don't get sidetracked every half-hour so I can focus on getting a project reviewed today. Going to my youngest daughter's gymnastics class tonight, should be fun.

ETA: I just realized that my flat-earth, Trump nut-swinging office mate is working from home today! :banana:

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
After my "medical procedure" yesterday, I was give the green light to eat whatever I wanted. So I had a giant homemade brownie with ice cream, followed by 3 waffles, then a plate of Tuscan chicken, then a bit later Thai dumplings, spring rolls, tom yum soup, and pad Thai.

I think I might have leftover pad Thai with fried eggs this morning...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Woah woah woah hold up. Let me see if I understand this correctly. You've come back...

...from the future?
Correct. A dreamliner brought me back.

But it seems if you spend ten days at sea level, eat lots of cake and then travel back seven hours and up to 7500ft, sleep badly for three days - somehow that makes exercise harder work than I'd like...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
as I do every morning, I made a coffee and read the news today. I'm still having trouble processing what happened in TX.

Working in climate change, having just been through another catastrophic weather event, and hearing "now's not the time to talk about the causes and what we can do to address it", and knowing the same will be said about guns in the US, just makes me feel that as a species, we are driving towards a cliff and instead of slowing down we're mashing on the accelerator. WTF is going on with us?!?!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Missed my afternoon espresso yesterday, so I fell asleep for a bit after dinner. Fast forward to midnight, when I couldn't figure out why I was still wide awake. Bonus points for walking into the bedroom after midnight and realizing I hadn't put the sheets back on my bed after doing laundry yesterday, so I had to put on my maid outfit and get to work.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
as I do every morning, I made a coffee and read the news today. I'm still having trouble processing what happened in TX.

Working in climate change, having just been through another catastrophic weather event, and hearing "now's not the time to talk about the causes and what we can do to address it", and knowing the same will be said about guns in the US, just makes me feel that as a species, we are driving towards a cliff and instead of slowing down we're mashing on the accelerator. WTF is going on with us?!?!
Humanity is a self correcting problem.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
After my "medical procedure" yesterday, I was give the green light to eat whatever I wanted. So I had a giant homemade brownie with ice cream, followed by 3 waffles, then a plate of Tuscan chicken, then a bit later Thai dumplings, spring rolls, tom yum soup, and pad Thai.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

I mean we're not all drifting towards doom, but we all seem to be tied to the same ship that is going down.

And yeah that dumpster fire thats happening to the south. Jeebus. Canada isn't no where near perfect, but damn. The news and whatnot just can't be read anymore.

Just finished pad Thai for lunch, Elsa the cat was fighting me for it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
As predicted, no knock or anything from the Fed Ex guy. Bike rack and accompanying boxes just tossed onto the porch at the front door...

Butttttt in good news, from what I can tell, I didn't get charged any stupid customs processing fees OR tax. Score.