Quantcast

!!! ednwsday !!! ednesday !!!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It is now 559 because, after shocks, now also wheel sizes go metric. You heard it here first! :D
Handlebars were always made in Imperial sizes until 35mm but over here they were never called 7/8", 1" or 1 1/4" but steerers have always been described by their imperial size, bikes are stupid.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Don't you have that sweet Orange as well? #bikepolygamy
Yeah but I just look at that. It’s not for actual riding.

Nah, seriously I’ve set it up for my kid for now, so at least it does get ridden a bit. I pushed the shock forward to drop the top tube, dropped the forks in the dual crown a little, luckily the shock still works well at low pressure, pushed the seat forwards, cut the bars, adjusted all the brakes and stuff. She’s just kinda grown into the viable height range for a short old 26” in the last few months and it is a pretty confidence inspiring ride. Single pivots and complex shocks are cool in an alternative timeline.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Wednesday for me (yesterday) went up the hill to load up some cut firewood for a mate that gave me a hand with the cabin's veranda roof 2 weeks ago. Got all loaded up and had a fun slipNslide back down the hill in a fully loaded wagon on a steep wet clay track. Got to the bottom and went to take it back out of low range & the bloody 4wd selector lever snapped off in the transfer case!
Unfortunately no freewheeling hubs so this left me stuck in low range 4wd with the diff lock on.
Had to dismantle the bugger to get the remains out, then borrowed the neighbours gas set, welded it back up and reinstalled to get it out of 4wd otherwise no tarmac for me!
Have to order in a new complete gear selector now as the temp bodge I did won't hold for long....... those things are made out of hardened steel for a reason!
So now I'm 2wd only until the replacement part arrives, which means walking the last 100m to and from home as 2wd (and AWD) can't get up my driveway.
On the plus side it's nice to know I can still fix my own shit when i need to.

burnitall.jpg