Quantcast

!!! ednwsday !!! ednesday !!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Festering in a pretty shitty mood still about yesterday in TX. My 'Go Guns!' 'Go Jesus' family in TX hasn't said a fucking peep. Can't imagine why not...

Mostly studying for CFP. Told Wifey about Haley's rant and it was the first time she hasn't commented about how family is all here. I would put odds that once her parents die (both 73), or at least her mom, she becomes really open to a FTS outlook on staying here. She also didn't challenge that once Haley can (and likely does) leave, she's never coming back. I think she's finally accepting that Haley's at FTS level 12. At 9 years old.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
as I do every morning, I made a coffee and read the news today. I'm still having trouble processing what happened in TX.

Working in climate change, having just been through another catastrophic weather event, and hearing "now's not the time to talk about the causes and what we can do to address it", and knowing the same will be said about guns in the US, just makes me feel that as a species, we are driving towards a cliff and instead of slowing down we're mashing on the accelerator. WTF is going on with us?!?!
Just remember there is a lot of cool stuff happening. I meet energy industry people a lot and they are doing stuff, changing fast. China is transitioning faster than predicted, many European countries are actually producing less carbon for the last few years and even the US is trending down. We need to keep transitioning faster though for sure.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
many European countries are actually producing less carbon for the last few years
Up side to Ukraine war... People die now or later. It's all about amplitude.

Mother fucker. WHY IS THIS STATEMENT ALWAYS TRUE?!

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Feeling about 90% recovered from the Sunday night vomitfest. It hurts to take a deep breath. ANYWAY, I am in the office this morning but will be leaving early to take the young doggo to the vet. She seems to be having an issue with one of her back paws. I see a cone in her future.
Just thought I would share my recent Dog Trip to the Vet Story. A lot of us have Dog’s here,and some have Dog Insurance like Me. Fucking got the Best of me they did.

My wife has NationWide Dog Ins. for each Dog through her work. Sam and Chloe,Brother and Sis Each cost 125$,or dam near/more a mounth. She gave me the numbers and I said pull the trigger. A good Year went buy when Sam was not feeling well One morning. I had to take to him ER on this Trip. I spent a long day in the car waiting. Dr. call’s Avy and said Sam is fine.

Everything is looking good,I don’t know what is wrong,but have Sam take these 6 pills and we will go from there if he is not getting any better. I am trying make long story short here.

Sam got better right away? I was so happy. The Bill was 1500 dollars,I put it on the credit card and slept well. Reason being,NationWide say’s,you pay the Bill,send the copy and we will cut a Check. I “Did Not get a diagnose” from the Dr. On the Bill. NationWide said Fuck You Avy,no diagnose,no check. It was in the Fine Print. Make Sure you get a Diagnose,Fucking Bullsit.

Avy

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just thought I would share my recent Dog Trip to the Vet Story. A lot of us have Dog’s here,and some have Dog Insurance like Me. Fucking got the Best of me they did.

My wife has NationWide Dog Ins. for each Dog through her work. Sam and Chloe,Brother and Sis Each cost 125$,or dam near/more a mounth. She gave me the numbers and I said pull the trigger. A good Year went buy when Sam was not feeling well One morning. I had to take to him ER on this Trip. I spent a long day in the car waiting. Dr. call’s Avy and said Sam is fine.

Everything is looking good,I don’t know what is wrong,but have Sam take these 6 pills and we will go from there if he is not getting any better. I am trying make long story short here.

Sam got better right away? I was so happy. The Bill was 1500 dollars,I put it on the credit card and slept well. Reason being,NationWide say’s,you pay the Bill,send the copy and we will cut a Check. I “Did Not get a diagnose” from the Dr. On the Bill. NationWide said Fuck You Avy,no diagnose,no check. It was in the Fine Print. Make Sure you get a Diagnose,Fucking Bullsit.

Avy
We have pet insurance for our cats. They are a year old and it has paid for itself several times over already.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
can you not ask the vet to write up a diagnosis/treatment plan for you to send in?
We tried,it was ER,which out here is Insane. There is Two ER’s back to back,both different companies. I spoke with many owner there while waiting. I could not believe how many people were there. I was the First One there.

Ya know,I bet it the same for Us Humans with Insurance Fucking Cunt’s!

Avy

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
As predicted, no knock or anything from the Fed Ex guy. Bike rack and accompanying boxes just tossed onto the porch at the front door...

Butttttt in good news, from what I can tell, I didn't get charged any stupid customs processing fees OR tax. Score.
In my experience, those come in the mail later...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Either way, they're spineless bastards. And regardless, that rack is worth it in the end!
Agreed and totally!

Used it tonight and it's one solid unit. I love that it is basically pure function over form and with no frills, no plastic crap to brake, no steel to start rusting and most of hardware is common stuff.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
My 11 yr old just made and delivered me a cocktail, unprompted, whilst I was working on my bike. And it was really good. Level unlocked, mofos.

:cheers:

Anyway, bike all ready for the weekend. Unfortunately I’m not sure my wrist is.

518166CC-EA96-4F5F-8021-8FD795BF7D0D.jpeg

I love my bike. It my favourite thing I own.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
My 11 yr old just made and delivered me a cocktail, unprompted, whilst I was working on my bike. And it was really good. Level unlocked, mofos.

:cheers:

Anyway, bike all ready for the weekend. Unfortunately I’m not sure my wrist is.

View attachment 176895

I love my bike. It my favourite thing I own.
Don't you have that sweet Orange as well? #bikepolygamy