Quantcast

FINALLY... i podiumed... and not by default!

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
haha... I finally beat someone... not by much but i did! ha ha

Dead Dog Downhill race in Cass, AR was BRUTAL! it sucked... the first 3rd of the race was basically STRAIGHT downhill... and dudes were even having to walk parts of it... (beginners) but once i got past that it was pretty fun... there was a rock garden that pretty harsh too... I walked that... and stopped and talked to some spectators! haha... if i'd had a cigarette i would have stopped and had a cig... :D anyway, it was a large time and when some of the pics are posted i will try to put them on this thread!

cooter got 3rd in his class too! he LOVED this course... it was right up his alley... BRUTAL!

It was a great time and met even more cool riders...

We missed you laura and TN... we want pics of your wedding and riding in NV...

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
dh girlie said:
HAHAHA! Good thing none of the spectators had any extra beer! Congrats!
shoot... there was plenty at the bottom... but still not enough to get me to RIDE down some of those first sections!! dammit!

there were dudes having to take "breathing treatments" just to gather up enough nuts to ride down the first 300 yards! ugh!

thanks! it was fun... im ranked 3rd for the whole series! ha ha... if ya'll only knew how bad i am and what a joke that is! ha ha :dancing:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
It's funny, but the only pic I have of you from the race shows you drinking WATER while everyone else has a beer in their hand.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
DNA said:
It's funny, but the only pic I have of you from the race shows you drinking WATER while everyone else has a beer in their hand.
ok... ur in BIG trouble... u bailed AGAIN!

we knew u werent gonna race but DAMMIT why did u leave!!! we wanted to hang out with ya and party on race day! we missed you...

and as far as ur pic... there may not have been a beer in my hand but, i was well medicated... lets just leave it at that! :D :thumb:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
TULSATUMBLERSGF said:
ok... ur in BIG trouble... u bailed AGAIN!

we knew u werent gonna race but DAMMIT why did u leave!!! we wanted to hang out with ya and party on race day! we missed you...

and as far as ur pic... there may not have been a beer in my hand but, i was well medicated... lets just leave it at that! :D :thumb:
It was Aaron's decision to bail. He had a road race on Sunday morning, which had a good payout (while the DH race didn't).

Don't be yelling at me...you all disappeared on Friday night.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
DNA said:
It was Aaron's decision to bail. He had a road race on Sunday morning, which had a good payout (while the DH race didn't).

ah, ok, well i guess we'll let it slide THIS time, don't let it happen again ;)

hell, we were sitting over there and all the lights went out around the campground and we thought everyone was getting all serious and schit for the race, so we just packed it up & packed it in

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
DNA said:

oh dang, we wondered what happened to everyone... we went and ate and then it got dark and we didnt see any lights on with anyone so we just went to bed... everyone was sooo quiet... we thought everyone was out... dammit... how late did ya'll stay up?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
We moved over to Scott's campsite, which was right across the road from where we were earlier. He had a couple of benches so it was a little more comfortable. We stayed up until 11 or 11:30. You missed the Demo 9 kids trying to mooch beer from us. I had no problem with them being under 21, but I sure as heck didn't want them hanging around talking at us.

Did the lower part of the course dry out for race day?

We had some real fun on the drive home. A camaro almost clipped us doing 120 on the shoulder of the highway. There were 8 or 10 cops following along and trying to catch him. I think they finally trapped him in on an exit a few miles later.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
DNA said:
We moved over to Scott's campsite, which was right across the road from where we were earlier. He had a couple of benches so it was a little more comfortable. We stayed up until 11 or 11:30. You missed the Demo 9 kids trying to mooch beer from us. I had no problem with them being under 21, but I sure as heck didn't want them hanging around talking at us.

We had some real fun on the drive home. A camaro almost clipped us doing 120 on the shoulder of the highway. There were 8 or 10 cops following along and trying to catch him. I think they finally trapped him in on an exit a few miles later.
it wasnt as soupy... it was much drier... but still somewhat wet... i rode that part, actually! ha ha

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
DNA said:

could you see the mullet flowage out the t tops at that speed, or did it just pass by too quickly for you to catch a glimpse? :D

yeah, the mud turned into wet, soft dirt after a few riders hit it on race day

well hells bells, wish we'd have come over and shot the schit. you gonna be at yureekuh spreengs?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I couldn't see a mullet, but it is hard to focus when you are trying to keep from pissing your pants.

I plan on going to Eureka Springs.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
binary visions said:
Congrats! Did anyone get any pictures of you during the race?
haha... oh im sure someone did but im doubting that me WALKING a bike down the mountain is gonna be that impressive... there are pics of me on the poduim though! ha ha... drunker than snot! imagine that!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
TULSATUMBLERSGF said:
shoot... there was plenty at the bottom... but still not enough to get me to RIDE down some of those first sections!! dammit!

there were dudes having to take "breathing treatments" just to gather up enough nuts to ride down the first 300 yards! ugh!

thanks! it was fun... im ranked 3rd for the whole series! ha ha... if ya'll only knew how bad i am and what a joke that is! ha ha :dancing:
Dang, you are almost qualifed to go pro.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
TULSATUMBLERSGF said:
hey pretty boy arsehole... when u are racing and podium then u can talk until then shad up and let me have my moment of glory! :mumble: :eviltongu

;)
Woah, don't get yer bloomers in a bunch there sweetie.

I'm stoked for you that you got out and raced, as I would be for any woman. From reading your posts over the last few months it sounds as if you had to overcome quite a few demons just to get to the decision to race. The fact that you did so and did well is icing on the cake.

My wise-crack was aimed at the current state of womens DH that allows women to advance too far, too fast. There are a number of women in the pro ranks that struggle on Sport level courses. It isn't their fault really, the lack of competition and lack of attention from NORBA allows it.

As for the pretty-boy comment.....I'll take it as a compliment. :p

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Damn True said:
Woah, don't get yer bloomers in a bunch there sweetie.

I'm stoked for you that you got out and raced, as I would be for any woman. From reading your posts over the last few months it sounds as if you had to overcome quite a few demons just to get to the decision to race. The fact that you did so and did well is icing on the cake.

My wise-crack was aimed at the current state of womens DH that allows women to advance too far, too fast. There are a number of women in the pro ranks that struggle on Sport level courses. It isn't their fault really, the lack of competition and lack of attention from NORBA allows it.

As for the pretty-boy comment.....I'll take it as a compliment. :p
compliment, yep... still i have yet to see ur arse on a bike... he he but im not on here much anymore sooo im sure there are plenty of them out there...

and as far as the women in racing comment... i am by NO MEANS good... im barely beginner status... it is really bout just having fun to me... but the gal who kicks all the other girls arses each race (leslie) and even beats some dudes times, went to Angel Fire recently and sd that she is def a downHILL rider/racer not a downhill MOUNTAIN rider/racer... we dont have "REAL" mountains in OK, AR, MO area soooo im proud to be doing the little bit i am doing but KNOW that i could never hack it in the real world of DH racing... i just enjoy the people and the partying as much as i do the riding!

:)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
The aforementioned "water bottle" photo.

[Photo removed at the request of the suddenly shy TTGF, go figure?!]

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
laura said:
that is awesome. i hate that we missed it. i cant wait to see pictures. we will def. be in eureka springs.
well i missed ya'll sooo much but am now glad u werent racing cuz it allowed me to podium! ha ha... had u been there u would have kicked my arse! ha ha

sooo where are the wedding pics!?!?!?

here is pic of me podiuming! he he

Attachments

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we didnt get back till 2 last night and didnt go to sleep till 4. the pics are still in the camera. i can barely see straight. i should go back to bed i think. we will have pics up soon. bootleg canyon was so scary that i wanted to cry. but keystone was awesome. im not going to ramble on right now. we passed an exit for tulsa last night, i thought about stopping by to see you guys. hehehe.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
laura said:
we didnt get back till 2 last night and didnt go to sleep till 4. the pics are still in the camera. i can barely see straight. i should go back to bed i think. we will have pics up soon. bootleg canyon was so scary that i wanted to cry. but keystone was awesome. im not going to ramble on right now. we passed an exit for tulsa last night, i thought about stopping by to see you guys. hehehe.
you should have... i cant wait to see the picks...

yeah bootleg was BRUTAL... even cooter had to walk a few sections! did the wedding go good?!?!?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
it went great. it took like 5 minutes which was good, because i was having a hard time concentrating. then we had a toast and i threw my flowers and people threww bird seed which consequently stayed in my bra and hair all day long. then collin rode and i walked (hahah). it was so hot that we really couldnt stay out long. then we went back to the hotel, laid out by the pool and drank fruity drinks all afternoon long. it was awesome. i had a friend who was able to come out so we really had a blast.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
laura said:
it went great. it took like 5 minutes which was good, because i was having a hard time concentrating. then we had a toast and i threw my flowers and people threww bird seed which consequently stayed in my bra and hair all day long. then collin rode and i walked (hahah). it was so hot that we really couldnt stay out long. then we went back to the hotel, laid out by the pool and drank fruity drinks all afternoon long. it was awesome. i had a friend who was able to come out so we really had a blast.
OK quit yer yappin' and get the wedding photos up.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
laura said:
i can sooo picture that... u, tn, friend, sitting by the pool with little umbrella's in ur drink! bwah!

bird seed... now i hadnt thought of that... i realize that is normal but i might have to make up about 4000 birdsead bags for all the people at red bull... haha... i think that might cause a problem... but how funny would that be! ha ha

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
DNA said:
The aforementioned "water bottle" photo.

[Photo removed at the request of the suddenly shy TTGF, go figure?!]
ok... shy, NO...

but dammit... could you have taken a WORSE picture of me?!?!?!? haha

that sucked arse! dammit! :dead: ;)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
TULSATUMBLERSGF said:
ok... shy, NO...

but dammit... could you have taken a WORSE picture of me?!?!?!? haha

that sucked arse! dammit! :dead: ;)
I will do my best to take even crappier pictures next time. :eviltongu :thumb: :D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Kick Ass! that is awesome you & Cooter both brought home some hardware! It was funny....we were in Moab saturday thinking about Arkansas! After my ride on porcupine rim I really wished we were in AR. (my pedal broke at mile 7, we got caught in a dust storm, & were racing thunderstorms & the bike shops closing...but it was still fun....in an awesome we almost died sort of way :D )

So I take it cooter didnt have any mechanicals? (he must have cursed me :finger: )

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
TN said:
Kick Ass! that is awesome you & Cooter both brought home some hardware! It was funny....we were in Moab saturday thinking about Arkansas! After my ride on porcupine rim I really wished we were in AR. (my pedal broke at mile 7, we got caught in a dust storm, & were racing thunderstorms & the bike shops closing...but it was still fun....in an awesome we almost died sort of way :D )

So I take it cooter didnt have any mechanicals? (he must have cursed me :finger: )
yeah he did really well... wrecked the second run and got 7 seconds slower but had he not wrecked he would have at had second place in the bag!

anyway... he got into trouble at work for using the internet sooo he wont be on much anymore... :(