Quantcast

f'ing fuji pictrography!

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
just a little rant. no one is here at work yet so i have to scream at someone... I came in a hour early to work (got here 7:30) because a client needed the prints this morning. So after working until 1am on the images (add in an hour commute) I'm tired, and the Fuji jammed and wouldn't become un-stuck no matter what I did. SH!T. Call client. now I have to walk the prints over personally, which is no small feat considering the studio is across town and no close subway access. And the printer still isn't working. and its a deadline, that is now late.

i HATE the damn fuji pictros. those of you who have to deal with them will know what I mean...

ok, I'm done now...

EDIT. ok, I'm not done... I was making a backup print on our iris 2Print printer since the fuji wasn't co-operating. and now that one has a pen problem. UN-FVGGING-BELIEVABLE. our only 2 printers, and neither one of them is working. i think I'm going to scream. or cry. or something. SH!!!!!!!!!T.
and the day will surely go downhill from here.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
lame. i don't know what you're talking about (pen? is this a dye-sub? a line plotter? heh) but it doesn't sound fun in any case

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
its sort of a laser printer. it prints digital c prints. well sort of. without the chemical processing. Its hard to explain. but the prints, when the thing is working properly, look like real photographic prints instead of an inkjet. but they are notorious for jamming.

the iris is basically an overblown expensive inkjet printer...

and kinko's couldn't hardly come anywhere close to the quality, especially considering one of the major things is getting a color accurate print.. I'd have to go to some of my competition to get a print like what I needed..

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Just picked this up...Dont know what it ended up costing us, but it aint bad for proofs and such.

...Canon iR C3200...

Attachments

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Clark Kent said:
Just picked this up...Dont know what it ended up costing us, but it aint bad for proofs and such.

...Canon iR C3200...
Hey we got two of those in March. They are pretty good, not too many problems yet.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I got this bad boy at home. Some times I have to print things on "HIGH" resolution instead of "draft" so I kicked it up a notch with this purchase.
I got some kick a$$ free software with it.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
stosh said:
I got this bad boy at home. Some times I have to print things on "HIGH" resolution instead of "draft" so I kicked it up a notch with this purchase.
I got some kick a$$ free software with it.
Yeah, what he really need is dot matrix baby...maybe dig up an old stylewriter or one of these babies :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
syadasti said:
Yeah, what he really need is dot matrix baby...maybe dig up an old stylewriter or one of these babies :D

nothing like a good old ribbon feed!!!