Quantcast

Former Monkey in CO for weekend

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I've already committed to a group ride with noobs from work on 6/11 at Mountain Lion. Yes, I'm trying to kill them. :D

(They're not really n00bs, just not regulars.)

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I already have those three days reserved for riding, one of them likely spent at Granby, WP or Keystone.

So likely in for something.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
6/9 is a thing already scheduled with work, followed by race car team meeting.
6/10 is working on the race car at the shop for most of the day.
6/11 is currently open according to my calendar but for some dang reason I have a vague suspicion of already having plans?

Whatever, keep me in the loop, yo.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'll be around, and actually off of work, but wife will be out of the country and I'm solo parenting at that time.

Also, I've not gotten a single notification that I've been tagged in any of these threads in the west sub-forum. @binary visions, little help?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'll be around, and actually off of work, but wife will be out of the country and I'm solo parenting at that time.

Also, I've not gotten a single notification that I've been tagged in any of these threads in the west sub-forum. @binary visions, little help?
Possibility of her hanging out with Wifey and Haley while we ride? How old is she now?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Alright, plan is starting to come together:

Friday - Mountain Lion > White Ranch shuttle. Time is not set yet, but we'll probably head up pretty early - leaving HR 8-9am. Drop one car at the Golden Gate Canyon/93 parking lot, do the Mtn Lion loop, drive up to the top of White Ranch, then Longhorn all the way down.

Saturday - I'm trying to organize a Warren Gulch day. Anybody interested in a shuttle? We can do a round-robin of 4 bikes with the Subie, 5 if we can find another fork-up.

Sunday - Probably dawn patrol Dakota Ridge, as he's leaving in the evening and we need to break down his bike.

@Adventurous @Nick @Toshi @Full Trucker @SkaredShtles @6thElement @Pesqueeb

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Alright, plan is starting to come together:

Friday - Mountain Lion > White Ranch shuttle. Time is not set yet, but we'll probably head up pretty early - leaving HR 8-9am. Drop one car at the Golden Gate Canyon/93 parking lot, do the Mtn Lion loop, drive up to the top of White Ranch, then Longhorn all the way down.

Saturday - I'm trying to organize a Warren Gulch day. Anybody interested in a shuttle? We can do a round-robin of 4 bikes with the Subie, 5 if we can find another fork-up.

Sunday - Probably dawn patrol Dakota Ridge, as he's leaving in the evening and we need to break down his bike.
Goddam - my Friday may be fucked up. :mad: I will check into Saturday as well... I'd like to get out with you blokes at some point.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Let me converse with wifey, Friday is all about celebrating my existence so I already have it booked off from work.

She's still finding her mojo after the crash, so not sure if she'll want to ML or not but we're going to ride together somewhere.

I do have 15 and 20mm fork ups if required.

How technical is the WG descent compared to what's at WR and Chimpex? Her hearing about Nick taking soil and rock samples probably doesn't elevate it highly on her to-do list.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm still sore so if I can't ride ill be shuttle bitch for you fucking fucks on Saturday.

@6thElement : WG isn't any worse. Faster for sure, and pretty native / rocky. Nothing crazy. Very few soft places to crash. Imagine EF, 1/3 as wide, 3x the rocks, and 2500' down over 4+ miles.

It's a fun few laps, and its really good for going fast in the trees.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Let me converse with wifey, Friday is all about celebrating my existence so I already have it booked off from work.

She's still finding her mojo after the crash, so not sure if she'll want to ML or not but we're going to ride together somewhere.

I do have 15 and 20mm fork ups if required.

How technical is the WG descent compared to what's at WR and Chimpex? Her hearing about Nick taking soil and rock samples probably doesn't elevate it highly on her to-do list.
@Nick went down in essentially a freak accident. He clipped a pedal at speed and hit the only well planted rock within 15ft.

The terrain is rough, but (iirc) there is only one solid hard part - the double roll-in at the end.

Nick - hopefully you can ride, if not we'd really appreciate the lift.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Unlikely to be making tomorrow morning, late arrival home from DEN.
Saturday is a definite possibility though for me to join in.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@6thElement 9:30 depart HR for ML loop. Dennis will be dropping us at the top of WR for the Longhorn descent. I'm sitting at DIA waiting for Kurt right now.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@6thElement 9:30 depart HR for ML loop. Dennis will be dropping us at the top of WR for the Longhorn descent. I'm sitting at DIA waiting for Kurt right now.
Going to ride with wife up to WR, she's not feeling ML today.

But I'm solo tomorrow for WG if there's space and I can get a pickup/dropoff from I-70 exit 256 from someone?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sitting at El Tapatio eating chips. Body hurts from the awesomeness. Tomorrow now.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Going to ride with wife up to WR, she's not feeling ML today.

But I'm solo tomorrow for WG if there's space and I can get a pickup/dropoff from I-70 exit 256 from someone?
Tomorrow WG is good. @Nick any time in particular for you?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm good with whatever .... AND I think I'm going to take a few easy laps too! Tomorrow needs to be a non rib crusher.
Bring your bike bike this time? Give yourself a bit of buffer.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I, sadly, am out.
#dislike

Someone just post up what time I can be grabbed from exit 256 and if I need to bring the fork-up with me....I have 15 and 20mm variants.

Before then I need to work out why my main pivot sounds like a family of chipmunks and put some tyres with side knobs on. Current DHF's are a little too worn for the loose stuff now.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
#dislike

Someone just post up what time I can be grabbed from exit 256 and if I need to bring the fork-up with me....I have 15 and 20mm variants.

Before then I need to work out why my main pivot sounds like a family of chipmunks and put some tyres with side knobs on. Current DHF's are a little too worn for the loose stuff now.
10am at 256.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It was good. I wish I'd had my DH bike and full face as there is no pedaling required on WG.