Quantcast

friggin cheap tickets banner ad

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
that friggin cheap tickets banner ad has to be one of the more annoying ones ive seen, that stupd thing drops down when you mouse over it or something, its got me the past few pages ive gone to... designers of ads like that need a swift kick between the legs

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Am I the only one that gets popup flash advertisements from Cheap Tickets? Even when you don't mouse over, every once in a while it loads a flash ad in the lower right hand side of the screen.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
It is an affliction affecting us all, I'm afraid. They piss me off because I work with so many windows open that I cannot find the "X' to kill 'em, and when I do, they replicate like tribbles!

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
binary visions said:
Am I the only one that gets popup flash advertisements from Cheap Tickets? Even when you don't mouse over, every once in a while it loads a flash ad in the lower right hand side of the screen.
None of the ads should create pop-ups. You sure you don't have some spyware on your machine? My work computer has that shat and I can't seem to get rid of it.....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ridemonkey said:
None of the ads should create pop-ups. You sure you don't have some spyware on your machine? My work computer has that shat and I can't seem to get rid of it.....
It doesn't ever pop up except when viewing RM, and specifically when a Cheap Tickets banner has appeared on the RM page.

I run Adaware 2x a week and it's not turning up anything...

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
llkoolkeg said:
It is an affliction affecting us all, I'm afraid. They piss me off because I work with so many windows open that I cannot find the "X' to kill 'em, and when I do, they replicate like tribbles!
You're on a PC, right? Alt + F4 closes windows. Just hold down the Alt key and keep hitting the F4 key until all the stupid popups are gone.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
pixelninja said:
You're on a PC, right? Alt + F4 closes windows. Just hold down the Alt key and keep hitting the F4 key until all the stupid popups are gone.
Thanks, dude. Does that kill 'em from right to left, i.e. the most recently opened window is closed first?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
llkoolkeg said:
Thanks, dude. Does that kill 'em from right to left, i.e. the most recently opened window is closed first?
It closes them in the order that the screens are pulled up (on screen, not on the taskbar). So if you have a popup and your email behind the popup and hit it twice, your email will close too. If you have a dozen popups that all come up at once though, it works well.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ridemonkey said:
If you get a pop-up - see if you can get the URL that the banner was served from.
I got another one a few minutes ago. I didn't check but I don't think you can check the URL on flash popups can you?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm beginning to hate the flash popups...while I haven't been getting them on this site, they're all over the place on MSN sites and they block half of the ****ing page! You can't close them, and they DONT GO AWAY!

Rage against the popups...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Tenchiro said:
*cough*Firefox*cough*
I.S. gets pissed if I install unauthorized software on my computer.

Though I do have a contraband copy of IrfanView :D

But yeah, Firefox is the way to go.. Run that on all my home machines.