Quantcast

getting over a sprained wrist

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
I messed my wrist up pretty bad a few weeks ago in a crash. Doc's diagnosis was a decent sprain with no busted bones, which was pretty good, I thought, to go along with the road rash. The movement of my wrist has been improving to the point where I have about 90% range of movement and maybe 70% strength back in it.
Heres the weird part. I sprained the ligaments on the back-outside (pinkie side)of my wrist/hand, however starting on sunday, my forearm on the thumb side is really killing me, to the point where I cant even open a bottle or turn a door knob. I have it wrapped up with an ACE right now, and it does help.
Since Ive never really sprained a wrist before, is this normal? Maybe the arm stuff is just getting back into shape? Has anyone f-ed up their wrist in a crash or otherwise and had similar setbacks? I may go back to the docs if it doesnt improve by this weekend.

Evilmunch

Monkey
May 5, 2002
NE of ATL
I sprained my both wrists in the same manor you did. I did have some pain on the underside of my arm on the thumbside but not to the extent you're describing. Mine took many weeks to completely heal. Just call your doc. I'm sure he/she won't mind a 2 minute call.