Quantcast

~~~ Good Friday Morning ~~~

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm tired of waiting, so...

Good Friday Morning everyone. I spent all day yesterday (8am-12midnight) moving crap into my new house. I'm tired and sore today, but looking forward to the weekend. Due to the whole house limbo thing, I'm not sure what the weekend has in store. Hopefully a little fishing and some R&R (rest and recovery) from yesterday.

What's everyone got planned for the weekend? Dalton is this weekend, no? What else?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin. Sat will be spent working around the house. Spreading rock and dirt outside, then going inside and installing a stove hood. Might do a bit of electrical re-wiring. Went up into my attic the other day to see how easy it would be to add another outlet, and HOLY COW, its an electrical nightmare up there. The wiring in my house is so freakin old.

Hopefully I'll be riding on Sunday. Not sure where, tho.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
pixelninja said:
Mornin. Sat will be spent working around the house. Spreading rock and dirt outside, then going inside and installing a stove hood. Might do a bit of electrical re-wiring. Went up into my attic the other day to see how easy it would be to add another outlet, and HOLY COW, its an electrical nightmare up there. The wiring in my house is so freakin old.

Hopefully I'll be riding on Sunday. Not sure where, tho.
Old wiring sucks. The house we are leaving today was built in '36 and still has most of the original wiring. You try to do anything and the copper just falls apart and the insulation is about worthless.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
jacksonpt said:
Old wiring sucks. The house we are leaving today was built in '36 and still has most of the original wiring. You try to do anything and the copper just falls apart and the insulation is about worthless.
No kidding! I'm planning on just removing all visible wires and replacing with romex. The scariest part is there were splices everywhere, wrapping in old, crumbling electrical tape. No junction boxes. Not even capped. Just wrapped. And the elec tape is so old that if you touch it, it just crumbles. Scary.