Quantcast

~~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yahoo, work is f'ing stupid!!

Ok well today shouldn't be to bad and I am going fishing with my dad and nephew after work so that should be fun.

What's everybody up to today?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
and I hope everyone has a nice day

..................../´¯/)
...................,/¯../
................../..../
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
........\.................'.../
.........''...\.......... _.·´
...........\..............(
.............\.............\

:D

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
stosh said:
Dude, WTF how much rain have you gotten?
Depending on who you believe -- up to 13" this month.

Nearly five inches this weekend, and it has rained everyday since Friday.

I've had to take up running to keep in shape.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Not much going on today... still adjusting to living out of a suitcase and losing 2 hours a day to a commute. Looks like we are officially closing tomorrow afternoon on the old house. Just in time too... otherwise we would have had to make another mortgage payment on it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Depending on who you believe -- up to 13" this month.

Nearly five inches this weekend, and it has rained everyday since Friday.

I've had to take up running to keep in shape.
Damn, you guys been having any flooding?

It's been a beautiful summer here so far this year.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Not much going on today... still adjusting to living out of a suitcase and losing 2 hours a day to a commute. Looks like we are officially closing tomorrow afternoon on the old house. Just in time too... otherwise we would have had to make another mortgage payment on it.
Sorry to hear about the suitcase but congrats on the closing!

When are you going to move into your new house?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Not sure yet... hopefully the middle of next week.
Oh wow, thats not to bad! Congrats! I can't wait to see some finished house pics.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Oh wow, thats not to bad! Congrats! I can't wait to see some finished house pics.
The house will be far from finished, but it will be liveable. Basically, all the stonework around the fireplaces (2) will need to be done, the brick on the front of the house will need to be done, and countertops will still need to be installed. Once all that is done, then they start on the basement.

They've got about 1 day's worth of trim/molding left, then most of the flooring. After that, cabinets and light fixtures are all that's left before it's considered livable.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Thats cool though! I'd be excited.

I was clearing my friends lot with him this weekend. He rented a big chipper. Thing was we didn't get to use it because the first tree he cut down landed square on top of it and smashed the focker to pieces. :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Thing was we didn't get to use it because the first tree he cut down landed square on top of it and smashed the focker to pieces. :)
DOH!!!

Yea, I am getting excited. I'd be more excited if I had any faith that we would be in next week, but with all the delays lately, I'm not holding my breath. We leave for vacation on the 7th and we were really hoping to be in before we left. My sister-in-law agreed to watch our dogs for us while we were gone, but that assumes that we are into the new house before we leave. Otherwise we'll have to kennel the dogs, which isn't a big deal, just expensive.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
DOH!!!

Yea, I am getting excited. I'd be more excited if I had any faith that we would be in next week, but with all the delays lately, I'm not holding my breath. We leave for vacation on the 7th and we were really hoping to be in before we left. My sister-in-law agreed to watch our dogs for us while we were gone, but that assumes that we are into the new house before we leave. Otherwise we'll have to kennel the dogs, which isn't a big deal, just expensive.
Man what a pain. Where are you going again?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - still smiling thinking about Dalton - but man it is hard to focus on work - almost as hard as trying to focus before the race.

So many cool memories keep coming back into my noggin - awesome!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - still smiling thinking about Dalton - but man it is hard to focus on work - almost as hard as trying to focus before the race.

So many cool memories keep coming back into my noggin - awesome!
it sounds that way! Congrats to you all!

Could you give me a very basic idea of how the race is run? How is it decided who won and so on.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. I've got family coming and staying with me this weekend, so the rest of my week is going to be spent cleaning and fixing up the house. No ride on Wed like I hoped :( And no riding this coming weekend :( Oh well. Such is the life of the middle age family man.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Mornin all. I've got family coming and staying with me this weekend, so the rest of my week is going to be spent cleaning and fixing up the house. No ride on Wed like I hoped :( And no riding this coming weekend :( Oh well. Such is the life of the middle age family man.
I see myself getting that point. I hope it doesn't happen.... I spend a lot of time with family and stuff and while I love family... it's not stress free like bike riding...

sorry to hear you'll be missing so much riding.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
it sounds that way! Congrats to you all!

Could you give me a very basic idea of how the race is run? How is it decided who won and so on.

Most laps first and then if laps our equal - whoever does the most laps the fastest wins. There are categories of teams too. Solo men, solo women, two person, four person, five person, corporate, co-ed, and I think maybe singlespeed teams too.

Then subcategories within some of those groups based on the cumulative age of the riders.

In fact, I wonder how Team Jackelope/AllezY and the Ass Balancers would have done if they entered into the co-ed category vs. the 5 person teams. :think:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
oh so did you guys have some planning on who would go when? Did everybody do about the same amount of laps?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
oh so did you guys have some planning on who would go when? Did everybody do about the same amount of laps?

For our team of five we had a riding order that went like this:
Douglas
Splat
IAB
Me
Jollytime

The plan was to ride this order the entire race, but when it came towards the end Douglas went out instead of me or Jollytime so that we were sure to have another lap completed before 1:00 p.m. on Sunday - if you came in after 12:59.99 or whatever your lap didn't count.

So Doug did 5 laps, Splat did 4, IAB did 4 and Jollytime and I did three each, for a total of 19 laps in 24hours.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
stosh said:
I see myself getting that point. I hope it doesn't happen.... I spend a lot of time with family and stuff and while I love family... it's not stress free like bike riding...

sorry to hear you'll be missing so much riding.
Oh well. That's life. Life changes, priorities change, circumstances change. At least I'm married to a woman who understands that I love riding and lets me do it whenever possible. Unfortunately, this week it doesn't look possible. I've been hitting the gym, so at least when I do ride again I won't be sucking wind too bad.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
For our team of five we had a riding order that went like this:
Douglas
Splat
IAB
Me
Jollytime

The plan was to ride this order the entire race, but when it came towards the end Douglas went out instead of me or Jollytime so that we were sure to have another lap completed before 1:00 p.m. on Sunday - if you came in after 12:59.99 or whatever your lap didn't count.

So Doug did 5 laps, Splat did 4, IAB did 4 and Jollytime and I did three each, for a total of 19 laps in 24hours.
Great I was wondering how things worked. Thanks for all the explaining.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Oh well. That's life. Life changes, priorities change, circumstances change. At least I'm married to a woman who understands that I love riding and lets me do it whenever possible. Unfortunately, this week it doesn't look possible. I've been hitting the gym, so at least when I do ride again I won't be sucking wind too bad.
Yeah thats cool man. I totally understand.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
jacksonpt said:
It's a big family reunion type ordeal - I have to go.
Yup. That's the story for this weekend for me as well. Except that everyone is coming here. By friday night, there will be a total of 5 adults and 3 kids living in my house for the weekend. Shouldn't be too bad since my family's pretty easy going, so I don't forsee any drama-fests. Unless my sis-in-law starts drinking, then who knows what'll come out of her mouth...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MMcG said:
Most laps first and then if laps our equal - whoever does the most laps the fastest wins. There are categories of teams too. Solo men, solo women, two person, four person, five person, corporate, co-ed, and I think maybe singlespeed teams too.

Then subcategories within some of those groups based on the cumulative age of the riders.

In fact, I wonder how Team Jackelope/AllezY and the Ass Balancers would have done if they entered into the co-ed category vs. the 5 person teams. :think:
I think we would have finished 9th (with the beer break on the last lap) and Echo's team 5th if we had registered co-ed. I am glad we registered like we did...made for a nice :monkey: competition ;)