Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Went fishing with my nephew yesterday. It was nice I caught a pretty good sized trout and a couple small perch.

Thats all for now! Today I get to get my kegerator ready for this weekend. :)

Have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

I have the pleasure of calling our builder today to find out why the hell he's nto putting in more time at our house. They work late up there, but working till 10 or 11pm isn't a big deal to me if they don't get there till 6 or 7pm.

Other than that, not much exciting going on. Busy work day, but all pretty boring work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

I have the pleasure of calling our builder today to find out why the hell he's nto putting in more time at our house. They work late up there, but working till 10 or 11pm isn't a big deal to me if they don't get there till 6 or 7pm.

Other than that, not much exciting going on. Busy work day, but all pretty boring work.
Hrmmmmmmmmm

What needs to get done exactly?
If thoes are the times he's working than something is wrong, I.E. your job is just secondary to another job now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My boss has been trying to convince me to move out to southern California for the past month. He almost had me convinced but since he could never tell me details on moving expences, cost of living adjustment and so on I told him to get bent.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I.E. your job is just secondary to another job now.
Yea, I'm pretty sure that's the case. I know he and his crew are spending the days at another house, which sucks. He's told us he's got more going on right now than he can handle, but frankly, that's not my problem. If he's putting us lower on the priority list because we are friends (thinking we would understand his situation), then he's taking advantage of our friendship and the sht is going to fly. If he can justify why the other house is more urgent, then we'll see what happens.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
volleyball lastnight.....I told you how they bumped us down a division, right?
we won 7 of 7 last night, now we're at 19-0
they really need to move us back up

tonight, back to Dalton!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Stosh,

please provide information on your kegerator. Cold plate or refrig? Co2?
Refrige and I even have a Schilitz tap handle for it!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yea, I'm pretty sure that's the case. I know he and his crew are spending the days at another house, which sucks. He's told us he's got more going on right now than he can handle, but frankly, that's not my problem. If he's putting us lower on the priority list because we are friends (thinking we would understand his situation), then he's taking advantage of our friendship and the sht is going to fly. If he can justify why the other house is more urgent, then we'll see what happens.
So was the builder your friend prior to construction?

Maybe if you lay it out by saying my job is closest to completion if you can finish my job up quickly then thats one less job you have to work on. Do you have a contract with a complete date listed?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
volleyball lastnight.....I told you how they bumped us down a division, right?
we won 7 of 7 last night, now we're at 19-0
they really need to move us back up

tonight, back to Dalton!
You racing at Dalton again?

Hey the best thing that happened to you was your girlfriend breaking up with you.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Nice day here. I am getting ready to go for a road ride into Town. Gotta fill out a new application at the school because they called me for an interview next week. I am still waiting to hear about my interview last week, but I am pretty sure that I won't get that job :( Oh well, c'est la vie!

I think we're headed out to Skidmore tonight to ride the new trail that we built so that should be fun. Other than that, not too much else to report.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
You racing at Dalton again?

Hey the best thing that happened to you was your girlfriend breaking up with you.
yup...racing.......gotta represent the :monkey: , YO

re:GF > nice.....No GF = lots of time to ride = only reason I did not bad at the 24

DD (Dalton Doug)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Monkeys

I have a pretty important lunch meeting at Noon - but I just can't seem to focus on work this week. I keep thinking about Dalton.

Doug - how did after-volleyball go last night?? And good luck tonight!!

I may ride tonight or I may go for a swim. Not sure yet. Maybe both.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
What kind of jobs are you applying for?
I applied for 2 that were closer to home. A full-time, 1 building Middle School band job (that I am pretty sure their student teacher will get) and the interview next week is for the school that's literally 5 miles away (commuter here I come) and I believe it's only general music which sucks because I enjoy doing band more, but hey...5-10 minute commute vs. 55 minute commute??? WWWD???.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
I applied for 2 that were closer to home. A full-time, 1 building Middle School band job (that I am pretty sure their student teacher will get) and the interview next week is for the school that's literally 5 miles away (commuter here I come) and I believe it's only general music which sucks because I enjoy doing band more, but hey...5-10 minute commute vs. 55 minute commute??? WWWD???.
What I wouldn't give for a place I could ride my bike to work every morning.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
the 55 minute commute !! :D
BWAAHHH...if only it were a bike commute. Then my Dalton Lap times would be sure to improve :devil:

The shortened commute and notion of riding to work is sounding quite nice now...we'll see if they can offer comperable $ though!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Yupper...I might even have to get a new road steed??? :think:

Actually, I could ride road to school and then take the MTB trails home :devil:
Oh man.... I think it would be way cooler if you were my teacher and you came to work all muddy.....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
Oh man.... I think it would be way cooler if you were my teacher and you came to work all muddy.....
LOL!! My kids actually saw a couple of pics of me riding at school and kept asking for more all year. They would die to know I could ride trails to school and back!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
LOL!! My kids actually saw a couple of pics of me riding at school and kept asking for more all year. They would die to know I could ride trails to school and back!
What grades do you teach?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hmm... I need a road bike. Would love to start riding into work every morning but it's just a lot of suffering to pedal my Evil on a 10 mile road ride twice a day.. not to mention it'd cost me a fortune in sticky rubber tires :p

Gonna see if I can find a used one locally.

It's been raining every night here but it starts after I go to bed and ends before I wake up. Weirdest thing - every night so far. The only reason I know it even rained is because the canvas chairs on my porch are soaked.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Right now I teach grades 4-8 band (in 4 different buildings) but I used to teach K-5 general music and band (4th & 5th).
Gottcha!
Different buildings in the same district? Still sounds like a PITA.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Yeah, I am in the middle school for 2.5 days and 1 elementary school for .5 days and 2 other elementary schools for a day each.
Oh... that hurts!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
So was the builder your friend prior to construction?

Maybe if you lay it out by saying my job is closest to completion if you can finish my job up quickly then thats one less job you have to work on. Do you have a contract with a complete date listed?
We knew him before we started building, but weren't really friends at the time. Once we starting talking to him about building (before contracts and such), we started to become friends. Then we became pretty good friends faster than the house was built. Kind of an odd situation.

We have a contract with a complete date of June 1, but that was before we added roughly 1800 square feet. At this point, my issue is that in late April he told us it would be done by the end of May (right on schedule). So we scheduled the closing on our old house for the second week of June, allowing a little leeway for the build and giving us time to move, paint, etc.. Well, here we are with no house to live in and no clear timeframe for a finished house.

We scheduled the closing of our old house based on his recommendation for when the new house should be done. Now we are living an hour away and commuting to work everyday. I'm a little peeved about that.

What still needs to be done for the house to be livable...
- finish the tile in the foyer and kitchen (currently about half done)
- tile two bathrooms upstairs and the laundry room
- hard wood floors in the dining room and office
- install recessed lighting fixtures and ceiling fans
- install cabinetry in bathrooms and kitchen
- install toilets and sinks in bathrooms

What still needs to be done to fullfill the contract...
- all of the above
- install kitchen countertops
- install appliances
- install cabintry in laundry room
- a brick chimney
- 1 gas fireplace, 1 wood burning fireplace, and masonry/mantles for each
- brick on the front of the house
- finish siding
- deck on back of the house
- pave driveway
- plant grass
- plant some basic landscaping

After all that is done, they start on the basement, which is pretty straight foward... stud it, electrify it, insulate it, sheet rock it, light it.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Can you get him to give you a new completion date?
That's what I'm hoping to do. I'm going to tell it like it is... that I'm concerned and slightly annoyed, and that we need to know what's going on and why.

He at least owes us the courtesy to tell us when he forsees it being done.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Get dates and reasons and try to get them in writing.

When you added the 1800 extra square feet of finished living area did he give you an estimate of required time then?

It's already the end of june and I couldn't imagine that 1800sq feet takes that long extra which is what you are realising as well. Get dates and numbers make him commit to something!