Quantcast

Holy Sh#t Postal Rocks!

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Caught the full coverage rebroadcast last night around 8. Yes, it certainly was great, but WTF, OLN?!?!? How about not letting me know who won the stage and yellow jersey when you're advertising your coverage for stage 5?! :mumble: They've got a lot to learn from the YES and Speed networks about that crap. ( :mumble: × 2)

splat

Nam I am
Tweek said:
Caught the full coverage rebroadcast last night around 8. Yes, it certainly was great, but WTF, OLN?!?!? How about not letting me know who won the stage and yellow jersey when you're advertising your coverage for stage 5?! :mumble: They've got a lot to learn from the YES and Speed networks about that crap. ( :mumble: × 2)
I noticed they have been doing that on every stage so far!!
Dumb Dumb Dumb!!!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
The f'n French and their lameo rule changes. USPS should have burried Lances competition yesterday. Heck they put 00:1:07 into second place (Phonak) alone. But with the tours pansy (Anti-Lance) rule change nobody loses more than a couple of minutes regardless of how badly they were beaten.

.....and OLN's coverage......Gimme Ligget and Sherwin announcing the race. Keep Bob Roll with Kirsten Gum in "the studio" and get rid of Trautwig. That guy is a moron.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Damn True said:
The f'n French and their lameo rule changes. USPS should have burried Lances competition yesterday. Heck they put 00:1:07 into second place (Phonak) alone. But with the tours pansy (Anti-Lance) rule change nobody loses more than a couple of minutes regardless of how badly they were beaten.

.....and OLN's coverage......Gimme Ligget and Sherwin announcing the race. Keep Bob Roll with Kirsten Gum in "the studio" and get rid of Trautwig. That guy is a moron.
I can't say if the rules were implemented to defeat lance, but there is a separate team classification. The GC competition is for the strongest individual rider, the rule just makes it more fair for strong riders on teams that don't have the big $$$$ to buy all the fast dudes. The TTT was originaly added just as an exposition, not meant to affect the GC.

Every year people say the French won't let Lance win, but he still does. The rules are the same for everyone and are known in advance.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Westy said:
I can't say if the rules were implemented to defeat lance, but there is a separate team classification. The GC competition is for the strongest individual rider, the rule just makes it more fair for strong riders on teams that don't have the big $$$$ to buy all the fast dudes. The TTT was originaly added just as an exposition, not meant to affect the GC.

Every year people say the French won't let Lance win, but he still does. The rules are the same for everyone and are known in advance.

Bah!
If a team works harder and invests the time to train at a particular discipline, be it climbing, TT, sprinting etc they ought to be able to reap as much reward as possible for that hard work.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Damn True said:
Bah!
If a team works harder and invests the time to train at a particular discipline, be it climbing, TT, sprinting etc they ought to be able to reap as much reward as possible for that hard work.

Yep, for the team competition.

Edit: If the Yankees won the World Series 5 years in a row don't you think that MLB would change some rules to make things more competative? Now if they won because they simply had more heart and put the effort into it no big deal. Lance has won the past 5 because he was the best rider, he will win again if that is still the case.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Westy said:

that's lawer ball speak for 'punish the strong teams (lance)' because if lance was not racing on a 'team' there'd be NO WAY he could win the GC, NO WAY. It cannot be done alone. The GC is very much a team effort.